Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

01 Sedan...need some advice...116k miles and boost?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007
Technical Assistant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 01 Sedan...need some advice...116k miles and boost?!

Originally Posted by bigainabuilt
Ok where to start?? Exhaust will be good for about as much hp as a sticker would maybe 1 hp more, If it sounds good and fits right for that price i would run it. I would recommend either swap (200 hp) or just save up the cash and buy a car that you could afford to sit (because it will). As far as what new to put in your ride thats up to your tastes. Got ICE??
i got a sound system that is precise as a rifle

300watt rms sub by eclipse older model
blaunkpunkt speakers
kenwood amp
sony deck
dont need anything else

as far as the exhaust, il be better off with an intake probbably...my old one actually gave me more power after 4500, sounded good, and better MPG
Old 11-12-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold

By new blacked out headlights to refresh the car - they look a little sun faded.
Old 11-12-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ultimatetuner10
seems kinda funny you would say that...how is deleting a cat not good for at least a few ponies...explain

unless you have a 1970's pushrod engine in there, the cat doesn't eat that much power. Most modern engines are designed with the cat in mind.

Some members even said they lost power then they deleted there cat because of the lost of back pressure.

We're just trying to save you some money. Most of the members have had I/H/E. Then went back to stock when they realized it didnt do anything and they lost there low end power. The d17 is tuned pretty well straight from the factory.

Getting power out of sohc low displacement 4 cyclinder is difficult.

Force induction or a swaps is the best way to get a lot of power out of the money you invested.
Old 11-12-2007
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold
Re: 01 Sedan...need some advice

Originally Posted by manahoonie
well, there's always changing out things...if you want (headlights, tail lights, grille...)

there's always the folding side mirrors for our sedans

have you checked about a Neuspeed Lower X-Brace??? really gives you stability in the steering!

and there's always painting the door handles to match...

just some thoughts. gotta love the sedan!

are you in the city, or located outside of Philly? I sometimes visit my family in Devon, PA
yeah, gotta love sedans! or you can just go all out show (body kit,turbo, and more).
Old 11-12-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

il probbably just get my muffler put back on, the stock one, and leave the **** for now
Old 11-13-2007
Technical Assistant

real quick will an injen intake from an automatic fit a manual...?? its a coldair

Old 11-13-2007
Technical Assistant

looks like the bracket wont even line up
Old 11-13-2007
Technical Assistant

or this one...looks like the injen and fujita system but without the letters

80 bux brand new...any experience with this?? the mount seems to be in the same place as the other intakes as well....worth it??
Old 11-13-2007
Technical Assistant

come on people intake help
Old 11-13-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

I ended up cutting the brackets off my generic Ebay intake and making my own with a piece of 90 degree bent aluminum (about 2" long by 1/2" wide) and a worm clamp. That way you can move it up and down the pipe to where you want it. The only difference in the AT and MT intakes is the location of the little mounting bracket.
Old 11-13-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

^ speedfoos is right on. ebay intakes arent good for anything but the piping. i used my own hardware putting mine on when i had one and made little brackets for it.
Old 11-13-2007
Technical Assistant

thanks dudes...yea the brackets on my old ebay one didnt line up at all, but maybe this one will be different being obx, at least some form of a brand name. does the design look the same as the injen and fujita? it does to me
Old 11-13-2007
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold

no, injen, obx, fujita cold airs will not fit on automatics, due to the tranny being in the way.
Old 11-13-2007
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute

actually they all make a automatic version...
Old 11-15-2007
Technical Assistant

will one from an auto fit a manual...i know the bracket is in a diff spot, but if i get an auto intake for my manual will it still bolt on?
Old 11-30-2007
Technical Assistant

with a t3 turbo how much boost can i run safely. motor has 117k miles and given that compression is still ok. some said 7 and call it a day some said 10 and get arp studs, thicker headgasket, and a good tune with chrome
Old 11-30-2007
Registered!!

ziggi21 is an unknown quantity at this point

if u have spare change to throw around save up for a new d17 block bottom end and u can work on it... while u have ur dd thats what im doin considerin im dd as well
Old 12-16-2007
Technical Assistant

Did some thinking and I am feelin as follows for now

Put the exhaust on that I have
Blackout headlights
Ditch the lip and front bumper for a hybrid one
Hybrid lip spoiler
04/05 rear bumper
04/05 taillights
16in rotas (undecided on which ones I want)

that or I may just drive it the way it is since I want to get a new car when I turn 21, not sure yet. Suggestions?
Old 12-16-2007
Technical Assistant

I also have this axleback sitting in my garage..love the sound of it, but the look kills it for me...maybe I should paint it black and put it on instead of the exhaust??

http://youtube.com/watch?v=omok92Ly-MY