NA build anyone? - Page 2 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2007   #31
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all
Re: NA build anyone?

well....up to a certain ammount of boost anyhow...
most hondas stock can handle 10PSI alright but at that point or more, youll need forged pistons, headgasket, headbolts/studs, etc... not to mention computer management.
FGCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #32
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Right, but to make the same power as his N/A setup, turbo is just as cheap. It's more of a HP mark than a PSI mark IIRC. I know once I put the PnP head with the bigger cam on my car, I'm probably going to have to dial back the boost or risk snapping one of the rods. Either way, it would be nice to see cinaibur or civic_driver or TRIZ complete a nice NA setup.
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #33
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

when you do spend the money on N/A and start passing lower-end boosted cars makes you laugh....cuz you know its RAW HP ,not boosted HP, Not HP in a bottle (which bottles is for babies) lawls....

but its a gooooood feeling slammin past a boosted car in a N/A car.

i still laugh at the 4k CRX that smoked a Lamborghini! hahaha, it was boosted but still!! TOOO FUNNY
FGCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #34
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfoos View Post
Yeah, I forgot you live in enviro-**** land. But for the same HP goals (and more) as your NA setup you don't need internals for the turbo.
i completely understand that. the power gain to cost ratio, turbo wins out. but for me and my situation NA is perfectly fine and cheaper. thats all im tryin to get across
metalviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #35
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

^everyones a hater of NA, are ya figuring it out yet?

If it works for your situation, then go for it.

Also keep in mind, if you got with a stage 1 build, then you dont have to mess with anything but the cam, maybe a vtec controler would help too. But NA builds dont need to be that complex. Although, mine is going to be complex thats for sure.

Last edited by TRIZ; 10-23-2007 at 10:52 PM.
TRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #36
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

well i could careless if the world is against my NA build. its not like im killing kittens. im just tryin to have fun with my car!
Old 10-23-2007   #37
Registered!!

scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice

Slap on some nitrous and call it a day.
scansel912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #38
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

ok. So I think I've decided that I'm going to do a stage two build.
cinaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #39
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

thats good to hear that you want to stay NA what fuel management you looking at? do you have any other mods that will be going with this stage 2 cam?
civic-driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #40
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalviper View Post
i completely understand that. the power gain to cost ratio, turbo wins out. but for me and my situation NA is perfectly fine and cheaper. thats all im tryin to get across
No probs man, not trying to hate. The only person's cage I really rattle is Jon's (mugenman) about his k-swap and how he'll never get it done and should go turbo!

I do look forward to seeing the build and am watching you three pretty closely because I'll have a spare D17 once I pull the bottom end out in favor of the boosted guts. I've been toying around with a nice NA setup to tinker with while it's out of the car.
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #41
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-driver View Post
thats good to hear that you want to stay NA what fuel management you looking at? do you have any other mods that will be going with this stage 2 cam?
I'm going with Hondata. I have a buddy who just put a Full Race Stage 4 kit fully built on his RSX Type-S so I'm going to get his guy to tune my car when I'm done. As for other mods, I haven't decided on specifics, but I'm going fully built. I will probably start with the head work since I'm getting the cam. I still want to do a y8 intake mani even though I know how you guys feel about it. I won't be doing that until I get a port job on the head. I am inquiring a few places about a custom mani though. After head work I'm not sure where I will go with the build but I'm sure the bottom end will be gutted.
cinaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #42
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

The y8 looks cool but its all wrong for NA, its not about hurting our feelings- its about you getting performance. You should fab up a manifold of your own. Welders are that much money if you get them used off of craigslist.
Old 10-28-2007   #43
Registered!!

alright so i dont think im going to run the 12.5:1 pistons. i just think its a lil too high for pump gas and a dd. i will prolly get some 11:1 made. but u guys (triz and cinaibur) i have a set of 12.5:1 76mm pistons fs now! pm if u guys are interested.
Old 10-28-2007   #44
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

if those were 77mm i would probably buy them.... pm me how much anyway...
civic-driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #45
Premium Member

Hit me up with a price and the specs and pics.