Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My saga continues....O2 sensor issues..... :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: My saga begins....Project T, Part I

thats why i try my best to just go ahead and buy things from actual places not people... at least i know that i will get the stuff... oh well, aar! lol. naw but i hope things work out for you bro! let me know how things go and if and when you go to see chris let me know so that i can follow and we can make sure that you can get there and back!
Old 11-11-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

oh no worries man, i plan to pull the civic down on a dolly. that way, i don't have to worry about blowing it up or nothing on the way back ;P
Old 11-11-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I've already got one committed friend for the road trip to Modesto.....
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

injectors are enroute finally. should be here on Monday or Tuesday
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

SWEET!! keep me up to date!
Old 11-19-2007
Registered!!

injectors came tonight. would install them and see if i can get it to start, but i dropped one of the TB nuts on top of the intake mani and can't see it under lamp/drop-light. guess i'll look for it tomorrow provided I still have some daylight...
Old 11-20-2007
Registered!!

couldn't find the TB nut, but the good news is the car does start and run albeit with open exhaust for the moment. 14.7 AFR at idle too....hmmm...now i need a new 3in mandrel bent pipe to make my IC piping from chiller to TB...i don't like the previous owners pipes, plus i drill the IAT hole in the wrong place so one piece is FUBARed
Old 11-21-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My saga begins....Project T, IT LIVES!!!

Just pop the IAT in your intake pipe, vice the IC piping. Doesn't really do anything for a turbo anyway and this way you don't have to worry about a possible pressure leak from the hole.

So uh, how many days are we at now Tony?
Old 11-21-2007
Registered!!

I don't know man...almost a month now. I quit counting after the end of the second week and not even being able to crank it. Oh well, Uncle Summit, here I come!!
Old 11-21-2007
Registered!!

good job tony.... i gotta see it now...
Old 11-22-2007
Registered!!

meh, i'm gonna get some new IC piping bent up man, i may even just take it down to Chris as-is and be like call me when it runs well enough to drive the 1.5 hours back to Fayettenam...

he's gonna have to tune it and do my exhaust from the DP anyway....
Old 11-22-2007
Registered!!

oh ok, thats cool... well like before, if its cool for me to roll just let me know when you going down.
Old 11-26-2007
Registered!!

gimme a call tomorrow afternoon man. i'm hoping to roll down there early saturday with the vic in tow behind my boy's Tahoe. i'll prolly leave it for the week though, so you might not want to go just to take a look around...
Old 11-26-2007
Registered!!

oh ok i might go just to get out of town!! and so i know where chris' shop is!
Old 12-01-2007
Registered!!

dropped the car of at Chris's shop, BnT Performance in Wilmington. They had a Corvette dyno day so he won't get to my car til Monday. No big though, it should still be done by the weekend.

and now, the waiting game...
Old 12-01-2007
Registered!!

Re: My saga begins....in the shop :(

thats good to hear bro... sorry i couldnt make it out there with ya!!! i would say maybe i could go out there with you when you go pick it up but i'm leaving for robin sage (SF field exercise) on friday and wont be back til the 20th of dec. well let me know how things go bro!!! i'll "race" you when i get back..lol!
Old 12-08-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

Car is done, was on the dyno abit late all i need to do is clean up the lower rpm range on the dyno, but WOT is tunned perfect at 11.8afr
Old 12-08-2007
Registered!!

TIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond repute

Chris comes threw again.
Old 12-08-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

nice work chris. you do some good stuff.
Old 12-12-2007
Registered!!

sorry for the lack of updates guys, she's finally done!!
little interior shot..not too busy...

facial..

and finally..no longer under wraps

I'd like to thank all who made this happen:
- Clint, Edwin, Boiler and others on here who answered my questions when I asked.
- Chris and the guys at BnT Performance of Wilmington, NC for the awesome work in a short time and for dealing with me. I can be impatient at times.
- My dad for the loan

- and last but def not least, my loving wife for putting up with me and doing everything in her power to keep me from spending every penny I make. In her defense though, her xB has next dibs on all the "free" cash in the house STILL LOVE YA BABE...

Oh yeah, the dyno sheet..
5psi on stock motor with RSX injectors, Emanage, stock clutch and 71k on the clock

All can rest assured I've been enjoying the hell out of it this past week
Old 12-12-2007
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
Re: My saga begins....SHE'S DONE!!

looks great bro. enjoy the actual power.
Old 12-13-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

sick dude, turbo is good. SF looks like a solid kit.
Old 12-13-2007
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

^only the first few..

looks good man
Old 12-13-2007
Registered!!

ha ha...that's what i hear... i seem to be throwing a code of the #1 O2 sensor as of yesterday though...cleared the cyl 1 misfire code and the O2 code came back...any chance they're related??
Old 12-13-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

sweet man! nice work! just not feeling that floor mat on the dash.
Old 12-13-2007
Registered!!

it is an actual dash cover i got to get rid of the glare from my self-painted used-to-be-tan and brown dash. works pretty well for me and my sunglasses don't slide all over the place on it
Old 12-13-2007
Registered!!

CaTacL1sm will become famous soon enoughCaTacL1sm will become famous soon enough

aw ****, i just spilled baileys in my bed....

anyways, thats **** dude... im diggin the dashboard carpet. flippin klassy
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

UPDATE: finished changing the headgasket and all belts, to include timing belt, yesterday. started her up and she ran fine. still overheating, but doesn't seem to be pushing coolant now. temp guage levels out a little below halfway up the meter.

strange thing though is that the cooling fans won't switch on at all. checked the fans, relays, and the fan switch. put a new thermostat in just in case the old one was bad.

if i jumper the pins on the fan switch connector the fans turn on and run as usual. also, when you turn the car off, the fans go off as well. is this normal?? my haynes manual doesn't say anything about it either.

at my wits end here folks....any ideas?? oh and as far as i can tell, i've gotten all the air out of the cooling system, but i don't know a way to check to be sure....even drove it around the neighborhood and checked the level afterward.

edit: I'm also getting an O2 sensor code 0134: no activity detected. put in a new sensor while everything was apart since i figured the old one was bad. even went so far as to unplug the PnP harness for the emanage and run it for a little while after clearing the code. ran pig rich (rsx injectors) according to my wideband, but ran, and the O2 code still came back. i'm thinking i get to go digging around in the wiring harness now....looking for answers before I do though.

Last edited by tuningmycivic; 05-21-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

Re: My saga continues....now she's overheating and fans aren't working right

DAMN bro sorry to hear that! would help but leaving after work tomorrow to go to myrtle for the weekend! BLACK BIKE WEEK!!!!
Old 05-21-2008
Registered!!

Re: My saga continues....now she's overheating and fans aren't working right

screw you and your bike

j/p man...you know the wife won't let me get one....:hithea d: i keep asking though, she's gotta cave sometime.

Quick Reply: My saga continues....O2 sensor issues..... :(