Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My saga continues....O2 sensor issues..... :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My saga begins....Project T, Part I

**** sorry man. Didn't see this right away.

Just use any pressure source of either your vac mani, or put a T-fitting onto your BOV line or something. I would stick closer to your vac mani, not the compressor housing. You will want to know what pressure your IM is at after it runs through the FMIC and IC piping, where it may drop a small amount.
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

that's cool man, i figured that's what it'd be, but i wasn't sure. and i don't want to be hooking up vaccum tubes all *****-nilly
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

no real progress today. rained this morning so humidity was kicking my *** in the garage. got the emanage situated where I want it. spent most of the day relocating the battery and running vac lines. got a few more to run and tomorrow I get to start splicing stuff for guages and wideband.

Chris, you never did pm me the info on those spacers...
Old 10-20-2007
Registered!!

no progress for today. taking the day off to put in some QT with the wife and hanging with friends. got the boost controller, wideband, guages, and the console back in and wired yesterday. fuel rail spacers the wife picked up from Chris are too long, will cut them to fit tomorrow. got my spare oil pan, so I'll get a bung welded in on monday and should have everything in and ready to go to Wilmington by Thursday

still debating on the turbo timer. might wire that up tomorrow too...

good thing I took 2 weeks of leave
Old 10-20-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

This thread brings inspiriation... tonight I wish I was covered in oil from tearing my engine apart and drinking a beer. Instead I'm supposed to be studying- but I'll probably end up having that beer. Make some progress- two days and nothing- 2 weeks is going to fly by quick!
Old 10-20-2007
Registered!!

tell me about it...it's been one week and i probably still have 2 days, at my pace of course, of work left before it's ready to start up the first time.

I am currently working on my third 50/50 of Crown and Coke...and just chillin.
Old 10-21-2007

Good stuff Tony. Now you see why it took my *** 52 days. Personally, I wouldn't worry about the turbo timer, but as long you have it, may as well throw it in there.

So what do you have left? Mounting the mani, DP, and turbo? Then a little clean up?
Old 10-21-2007
Registered!!

the turbo, DP, and mani are already mounted, but i don't like the downpipe and I don't think Dezod's will work with the SF mani. gotta get a bung welded into my spare oil pan and finish hooking everything up. That's about it.
Old 10-21-2007
Registered!!

Guess what I found today after wiring up the turbo timer and installing the fuel rail with rsx injectors/slightly modified spacers

Driver's side engine mount I was wondering where all that oil on that side was coming from....

I swear, if it isn't one thing it's another....oh well, off to spend some of this $100 in Advance Auto Parts gift cards I won in a raffle yesterday. Nothing's better than spending free money.

....'cept maybe driving a boosted civic
Old 10-21-2007
Registered!!

just ordered a replacement. Hopefully it'll get here before the weekend since I paid for 2 day shipping (overnight not available from the site)

62 bucks for the mount. Napa wanted 120, and Advance wanted 130 and it'd have taken both of them 8 days to get the damn thing...
Old 10-21-2007

All I have to say is "Eat me" because you can just drive down the street to three different auto parts stores and they are all able to get the part! Things like this would have made my build go so much faster if I had an real auto parts store on this island!

Keep at it man!
Old 10-21-2007
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough

tony the tiger.
Old 10-21-2007
Registered!!

hey, when you gonna come get my old dash so you can try your hand at fiberglassin Carl?? I still got in in the garage. Gimme a call if you want it, otherwise it's headed to the dump
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

note to self: when preparing to drill hole for return line, drill the correct side of the pan and ensure there are no ribs behind it inside the pan. you have to grind them flat if you do not...

Old 10-22-2007

Oh ****! For a second there I thought you drilled out the back side of the pan. That would have been a hilariously bad mistake!

But hey. Just think of the weight you just took off your car by removing that superfluous bit of aluminum....
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough

i cant bro im leaving here at the end of this month. going to the philippines for six months. i thought u was deployed! anyway jay keeps asking me where u are. u might wanna give him a holler. good luck on ur build man. ill see that beast when i get back.
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

affixrider will become famous soon enough

hey man sounds like your build is coming along nicley. hopefully ill get to see it before i deploy. i leave on the 1st. if you ever need any help man then let me know.
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

i better have it running before then, i have to go back to work on monday!!!

gonna go get this fitting welded into the oil pan tomorrow...took 3 tries to find on that fits only to realize i made the hole too big so now I have to get it welded...good thing I got a second pan. I'd be screwed if this was the only one I had
Old 10-22-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by soldierboi
i cant bro im leaving here at the end of this month. going to the philippines for six months. i thought u was deployed! anyway jay keeps asking me where u are. u might wanna give him a holler. good luck on ur build man. ill see that beast when i get back.

the hell are you going to the phillipines for?? yeah, I been back a couple weeks now, I'll prolly give Jay a holla this weekend some time.

Oh yeah, Chris, I forgot to call today man. If you remember or have a chance tomorrow, give me a holla. got a couple questions for you concerning O2 sensors and welding stuff...
Old 10-23-2007
Registered!!

got the motor mount in today, pan is getting a fitting welded in, got a base map from Chris and heat-resistant shielding for the alt and O2 sensor wiring. will wrap those in the morning and now I'm just waiting for my damn clamps....

why does it seem like all the crap I really need has to be ordered....
Old 10-26-2007
Registered!!

somehow I managed to lose the fitting for the sandwich adapter. I've searched high and low. i think i returned it my mistake to the hardware store, cause I have a fitting here that doesn't fit...

had to order a new one and overnight it. 49 bucks for a 2 dollar part OMFG...

i'll be putting the pan and adapter on today and hopefully starting it for the first time in a couple weeks. If all goes well, I'll be taking it down to Wilmington tomorrow so Chris can tune it for me *crossed fingers*

WISH ME LUCK!!
Old 10-26-2007
Registered!!

affixrider will become famous soon enough

good luck
Old 10-26-2007

Good luck Tony! Take a vid of the start-up!
Old 10-26-2007
Registered!!

start-up will have to wait til tomorrow. I can't seem to find a store with a usb-serial adapter since my laptop doesn't have a serial port, damn IBM

Tuning will have to wait til next week, since Chris is going out of town this weekend and I have to go back to work on Monday. maybe I can take a pass next week or something and shoot down there during the week....hmmm...
Old 10-27-2007

Send me your DA 31, I'll sign a 4-day pass for you.
Old 10-27-2007
Registered!!

ha ha...

*my SGM* "Who the hell is Chief 'Foos?"

rofl
Old 10-27-2007
Registered!!

*sigh*...1st startup did not go well...engine cranks but no start

i smell fuel and i have a spark tester that shows good spark
i have a cheap OBDII scanner that isn't giving me any codes.
i've checked my jumpers and rotary switch settings 3 times...4-8-E and my jumpers match MadWheel's in this thread

I'm using Emangle blue with Boomslang's PnP harness. I have the pressure sensor but it is disconnected at the moment, didn't figure it'd see boost at startup...

i'm almost at my wit's end

all my guages work though

Last edited by tuningmycivic; 10-27-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2007
Registered!!

just realized i forgot to plumb in the IAT sensor ....brb, got some wires to lengthen...

plumbed the sensor and lengthened wires. still no joy

Last edited by tuningmycivic; 10-27-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-27-2007
Registered!!

anyone??

bump
Old 10-28-2007

OK, turbo engines are notoriously hard to start, but it shouldn't be as bad with the RSX-S injectors. Plug the pressure sensor in, my car wouldn't run without it. IAT won't do anything whether it's plugged in or not. So you've got fuel, you've got spark, make sure you're getting air. Pull the charge pipe off the TB and give it a shot. This shouldn't make a difference, but it's worth checking.

Glad all your gauges work! (yes I get the joke..)

What other wiring have you done to the car? Gauges, PnP harness, anything else?

Quick Reply: My saga continues....O2 sensor issues..... :(