Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My saga continues....O2 sensor issues..... :(

Old 10-15-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
Angry My saga continues....O2 sensor issues..... :(

Yep, I've gone and done it. I don't think mine will be as spectacular as Clint's (speedfoos) build, but it'll be enough for me I think.

Enough chit chat, ON WITH THE PICS!!

A little hard work and time and you too can boost-it-yourself

Before I started:

Work in progress:

The wife got bored:

Torque wrench I got from AutoZone was crap. Gonna take it back in the morning so this is how she sits for tonight:

PnP harness FTMFW!!!

I'm hoping to have everything in and ready for first startup by Friday. Then next week I can work out the tune with Chris

Last edited by tuningmycivic; 05-24-2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: updates
Old 10-15-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
Re: My saga begins....Project T, Part I

u mean ur not white!!! u lied to me.... j/k good luck with the turbo build, enjoy it and take ur time, double check everything, and dont forget some anti-seize for future ease of bolt removal, i, for one, am excited for u to b finished... +1 for u
Old 10-15-2007
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light

Nice, Tony. Hope to see you at NOPI next year.
Old 10-15-2007
Registered!!

HondaCivicCat is a jewel in the roughHondaCivicCat is a jewel in the roughHondaCivicCat is a jewel in the roughHondaCivicCat is a jewel in the rough

Good luck..another boosted vic...makes me want it too (like everyone else, well almost every one)

I like your screwdriver holders in the rad support, classy, how many times have you forgotten that you put them there?
Old 10-15-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d
u mean ur not white!!! u lied to me....
ha ha...man, when did I ever say I was? but my wife says i'm gray, so I guess that's close enough

Sen: hopefully I'll make it to NOPI next year, I was a little pissed I was out of the country this year
Old 10-15-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

this is great..
Old 10-15-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the build.
Old 10-16-2007
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

good luck!
Old 10-16-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

lol i always thought u looked like the white dude as your avatar...
Old 10-16-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent stuff Tony! Take your time and let me know if you need anything.

Are you changing out the HG when you install the studs? I just realized that you don't techinically have to pull it to get them in, but I don't know how well the gasket will reseal once you torque them back down. You can try it and if it doesn't leak, then you've saved yourself about 5 hours of work!

Thumbnails FTMFL!!!! But let's see if I can't fix that with this POS govvie computer I'm using at work right now.

Done!

Last edited by speedfoos; 10-16-2007 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-16-2007
Registered!!

ha ha...yeah, i didn't want to post up the big pics man. i forgot to resize them when i hosted them. thanks though. and I didn't change the HG. I didn't move anything around and I'm hoping the gasket will reseal well enough. I think I'm gonna need some kind of spacers for the fuel rail though...the rsx injectors are quite a bit longer than the stockers...
Old 10-16-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

Speakers Go Boom Shockalacka
Old 10-16-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
ha ha...man, when did I ever say I was? but my wife says i'm gray, so I guess that's close enough

LOL i know you get that a lot
Old 10-16-2007
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HondaCivicCat
Good luck..another boosted vic...makes me want it too (like everyone else, well almost every one)
What??? So SOME of us have had problems... so who you singling out? Just cuz I'm probably slower than before I turboed it doesn't mean it's not fun to drive before 3500RPM!!! Part of the fun IS weeping softly to yourself over all the complications... right speedfoos/andyman97/FoSho/dopes6070 and all of our T.E.A.R.S. supporters?
Old 10-16-2007

Yeah, I had an extra set of spacers from when I bought my RSX-S injectors from Zack (the user formerly known as Sujak) so I used those along with the stock spacers. Turned out to be exactly the right height. You will also have to use either longer studs or replace them with belts - I did the latter.

Yes, be prepared for headaches and get ready to claim your T.E.A.R.S. member number!

Speaking of which I failed emissions today. Too rich at idle. I knew that as my idle keeps bouncing all over the place. As soon as my serial cable gets here I'm going to be pain in Chris's *** again until we get it locked down - but we were able to tune around my P1106 DTC so that's one for the good guys!
Old 10-16-2007
Registered!!

any idea on how long those spacers are? I could just make some out of some steel or aluminum piping, but i don't know how long to make them...

day 2 and it's looking like I may end up claiming a number before too long, still keeping my hopes up though....
Old 10-16-2007

Let me run outside and measure them real quick.
Old 10-16-2007

Here you go Tony, total thickness of the spacers is 14mm. That's with the SRT-4 injectors, which are exactly the same length as the RSX-S injectors. This will be going in my terbow shopping list and tricks thread.
Old 10-16-2007
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

Funny... I just used a bunch of little washers that I grabbed a handful of on my way out of the hardware store...
Old 10-16-2007

Then you should be arrested for shoplifting Ben and serve hard time down at the county jail! Some people's kids, I tell ya!

Naw, I would have done the same thing I hadn't had those spacers laying around.
Old 10-16-2007
Registered!!

First problem (torque wrench wasn't my fault, so I bought one today) one of the bolt holes on the mani is stripped. Looks like I'm making a trip to the hardware store, yay!!
Old 10-16-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

I have fuel rail spacers made for our car. Drew has them on his and I have them on mine. Made out of aluminum satin finish
Old 10-16-2007

Heheheh. And now come the problems.....
Old 10-16-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by WilmncChris
I have fuel rail spacers made for our car. Drew has them on his and I have them on mine. Made out of aluminum satin finish
how much for a set and how soon can you ship em?
Old 10-16-2007
Registered!!

Day 2 finale

mani, snail, DP, and intercooler are in

Don't really like that DP though. Prolly do a flex pipe and run w/o the cat for a while. Love GA registration, no emissions testing.

Gonna have to find an O2 sim though...maybe for Christmas I'll get some pie-cut IC piping done and a new DP...i dunno
Tomorrow will be relocating the battery to the trunk and the rest of the electrical stuff. May get to running vac lines and such if some of my stuff I ordered shows up...still on schedule though.

Did I mention the wife has caught the modding bug too? She's been on ebay all week. Here's her blank slate

*on a side note...I just realized that my front bumper support is upside-down.... *

Last edited by tuningmycivic; 10-16-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-17-2007

Dude, ditch those worm clamps on your couplers now in favor of some t-bar clamps. For one, they look used and even when they are brand new folks have a hard time getting them to seal charge piping properly. If you decide to keep them, at least spray hair on the pipe ends that they will cover. Less chance of them popping off/leaking under boost.
Old 10-17-2007
Registered!!

Do not use O2 sims. You can make mechanical O2 spacers out of spark plug foulers..But for tuning I hate O2 sims...
Old 10-17-2007
Registered!!

hmm...How would I go about that Chris? my DP has 2 O2 bungs in it, but they're pretty close together....
Old 10-17-2007
Registered!!

One is for a wideband the other is for your factory O2 sensor.
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

can anybody tell me where the vac source for the pressure sensor comes from? the fitting near the compressor outlet or the vac manifold?

and Clint...I'll be claiming my number soon. No way I'll be done by this weekend if parts don't start showing up.

P.S. I ordered a bunch of t-bolt clamps and an Xbox 360 yesterday (finally). If I'm not working on the car, I'll be playing Halo 3 this weekend. Gamertag is SniperBait728. Hit me up!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My saga continues....O2 sensor issues..... :(