Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

SCREEN MOLD, HU RELOCATION, LED, CARPUTER..etc...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SCREEN MOLD, HU RELOCATION, LED, CARPUTER..etc...

wow thats crazy, looks great. i thought this was a long term project but its already done. cluster is easy, ive done a bunch and can help you out if you get stuck. just pull off needles, use qtips and acetone to remove the painted filter on the back of gauges, and then wire all the leds in on the plastic shield. i actually have a cluster where all the work is done except the leds, it has cleared gauge face (black w/white numbers), white painted needles, and ready for leds. you could use it for parts or something. ive been lazy so never got around to doing the leds. if you want it lemme know. maybe for like $50 shipped or something.
Old 10-12-2007
pao
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pao has a spectacular aura aboutpao has a spectacular aura about

that is awesome! great job on everything.
Old 10-12-2007
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all

damn you got skillz man, good jod!
Old 10-12-2007
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

very nice
Old 10-12-2007
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

now i take back the gay comment i said earlier. your carputer is SAAAAAWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!
probably the best i've seen so far. everything is just put together perfect... u sure this ur first time? haha.

it's so sick, i wish i can do it. props dude, excellent job.
Old 10-12-2007
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

wow went all out with the blue but it looks awesome. Those leds look really bright hope you put a switch on them in case you get tired of them being on all the time
Old 10-12-2007
RHCP0801 is my hero

1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute

looks like a cockpit. looks good but the LEDs in the vents is too much
Old 10-12-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks really good man! Absolutely love it! I'm saving pictures of your bezel for when I do my carputer!
Old 10-12-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Looks good but how long is your startup time on the computer? You'd be able to cut it down if you used a half gig of RAM instead of a 1 gig stick, that's overkill. When the computer is starting up and shutting down (except standby) it dumps the information stored in the RAM to disc and then loads it again. so the more RAM, the longer times. Nice though.
Old 10-12-2007
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about

As gizmo would say "bright light, bright light". Good job on the whole thing. Hope that's wireless keyboard. If not, get one.

Too bright for my taste though.
Old 10-12-2007
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

i love it! howd you do the LED's? I wanna do red ones! DIY!
Old 10-12-2007
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I like all of it except the vents. The ambient lighting is nice.
Old 10-12-2007
Registered!!

LatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of light

Very very nice!
Old 10-12-2007
I need a drop

thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough

looks awesome, does it take a long time to boot for that puter?
Old 10-12-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by EggRollBandit05
wow went all out with the blue but it looks awesome. Those leds look really bright hope you put a switch on them in case you get tired of them being on all the time

they are actually NOT AS BRIGHT AS THEY SEEM...its just the setting of my XTi.

they actually "glow" and you really dont notice as much as you think you do when ur driving.

and YES, they are DIMM-able. i tapped it in, so that you use teh STOCK DIMMING **** on ur speedo cluster.

Originally Posted by DeX
Looks good but how long is your startup time on the computer? You'd be able to cut it down if you used a half gig of RAM instead of a 1 gig stick, that's overkill. When the computer is starting up and shutting down (except standby) it dumps the information stored in the RAM to disc and then loads it again. so the more RAM, the longer times. Nice though.
yea, i was think about that. i read teh same thing on mp3car.com but its not as bad as id though. i usually let my car idle for about 30 sec before i drive it to let all the oil, coolant, etc stuff run throught my car before i drive it. (most the time)
Old 10-12-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

hmm..thats interesting.. i liek what u did looks very clean.. the leds in the air vents is creepy.. u see too much inside wich creeps me out.. but other than that.. thats awesome.. u deserve sum rep! next u should think about at least changing the orange in ur dash and ur cruise control...

EDIT: ive given u too much rep already.. my mistake. sorry lol
Old 10-12-2007
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

What can I say? That's an awesome job! Everything came out good. The LEDS are a bit much, but it's hot none-the-less.
Old 10-13-2007
Registered!!

2k1_Toaster will become famous soon enough

Nice. The bezel seems very glossy though. Is that a lilliput screen?
Old 10-13-2007
Registered!!

Ti71 is an unknown quantity at this point

You ever wanna sell your lens? lol

My camera feels somewhat incomplete without that particular lens.
Old 10-13-2007

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ti71
You ever wanna sell your lens? lol

My camera feels somewhat incomplete without that particular lens.

haha nope. thats not gonna happen. cost me like 1400 or something (a while ago)....lol its staying on =]

Originally Posted by 2k1_Toaster
Nice. The bezel seems very glossy though. Is that a lilliput screen?

i was wondering when you were gonna comment.

yes its the SAME screen you have....

and actually, i should be thanking you for the idea for that screen.

if not for you, i would not have known how id' look like...i basically copied your mold/idea....they look very simular mold if u look at it closely

yours:

mine:
Old 10-13-2007
Registered!!

kcsays is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good, i like the keyboard

i have one that light up red.
Old 10-13-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

If you're thinking about a smaller wireless keyboard, Mad Catz makes one for the PS3 that works well in the car. Here's mine:

Old 10-13-2007
Registered!!

2k1_Toaster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
i was wondering when you were gonna comment.

yes its the SAME screen you have....

and actually, i should be thanking you for the idea for that screen.

if not for you, i would not have known how id' look like...i basically copied your mold/idea....they look very simular mold if u look at it closely

yours:

mine:
Glad I could be some inspiration!

Are you painting any other trim pieces in your car to the glossy black?
Old 10-13-2007
Registered!!

mike21190 is an unknown quantity at this point

yours looks great man. im doing some more of mine tonight and ill post pictures tomorrow
Old 10-13-2007

Originally Posted by 2k1_Toaster
Glad I could be some inspiration!

Are you painting any other trim pieces in your car to the glossy black?
well, jsut the headunit relocation and the screen console. but its actually a "semi" gloss.....its not that reflective...

ahh...damn that SLR XTi.....so much detail...hahahha
Old 10-13-2007

Originally Posted by DeX
If you're thinking about a smaller wireless keyboard, Mad Catz makes one for the PS3 that works well in the car.
haha yea...i actually dont drive with that big keyboard.....it was just for pixture show purposes....because it lit up blue...haha

i actually have a semi small wireless keyboard.....but i am going to get a smaller one in the future.
Old 08-11-2010
Registered!!

hindude will become famous soon enough

that looks fantastic!

cops ever stop you because you have blue lights?
Old 08-11-2010

lol talk about a thread resurection.

nope. even when i get pulled over they dont really ask. its not as bright as u think it is and i can always dim it down with the lil **** on the tach.