Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

WOHOA TURBO! ....Nicks 1 day turbo install.....

Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light
Re: WOHOA TURBO! ....Nicks 1 day turbo install.....

Well you could sell the blue box and get the xfc..
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about

whats te best choice for our car? Should i go to srt injectors? do they make a hraness for te xfc?

Anyone want to buy an emanage with harness? also have the extra injector harness as well. and support tool.
Old 10-09-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, get the XFC, but don't have Chris tu......oh ****, he just posted here!

KIDDING!!!!

Yes they make a PnP harness for it, and it was one of these easiest parts of the install. It's what I'm running right now Nick. Chris knows this EMS like the back of his hand and can tune it for you. He's doing mine via email right now. (My new serial adapter hasn't arrived yet Chris, Royal Mail is on strike )

The XFC will run either injectors, it likes to start and idle better with the RSX ones, but either will be fine with it. Plus it's easy to use and datalog, and Russel and crew (the makers) are a great bunch of folks - really willing to help troubleshoot over the phone.
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about

whats the cost and where can i get one? Harness price?

I was thinkin bout an aem ems.. fiured what the hell, but im sure its alot cheaper to get the xfc.. whats the benifts wth the AEM standalone over the xfc? i woul assume not much with our cars around 200hp, anyay..
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

Yea with the XFC you have a lot better datalogger. I can see everything going on in the motor. RSX injectors run great and have a better start up, but any injector honestley i can tune over the net as long as I can good datalogs from you. Ask Clint I did his with inaccurate datalogs. If you have any questions about the XFC let me know...
Old 10-09-2007

^^^^ Yep. Even with the the USB-to-serial adapter dropping signal when I went over 5K rpms, Chris was able to get me safely tuned to run the strip all day long without a single issue from tuning.

Honestly, at first I was really leery about letting Chris tune me via email. Afraid of getting a crappy tune, wasting money, potentially no responses to email, and so on. But it's worked like a charm.

A+ for both Chris and the XFC from me, Nick.
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

someone mentioned fuel regulator... has anyone changeed that out, or do you recomend that to be done? i highly doubt i need to change that just because i used the walbro and the 310cc injectors...
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

sounds good, but im just worried that the ems isnt the only thing wrong. chris got me a base map and heard me try to start it up. then he sent me another one (thanks for all your help bro, your the ****), and it still takes 20min to crank and wont go half way down the road leaning out and ****. and thats with 25+ across the board. sometimes 35, at 500 rpm 0% throttle. i mean im by no means an idiot and can deff base map a car. fine tune without a dyno, is another thing.... so yeah, theres gotta be something else going on.

im going to rip the fuel line off tonight i guess andsee whats up with that, and possibly the fuel pump again. had a friend do both while i was doin other **** on it, and may have messed something up...

Last edited by 7thgen_k20vic; 10-09-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

where did you buy yours at clint?
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

anyone know our stock fuel pressure?
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

42psi is stock
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

You can get it through Paul at dezod, make sure you get a 3bar map sensor for it and get a walbro fuel pump....Man the XFC works great and you actually have partial throtle responce
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

i noticed on our fuel rail, there is 3 lines. 1 for gas... and ten another with a return and it has a valve on it. The pressure release. Somone tld me gas is suppose to come out when you release the pressure... is it gas or air going through that??? no gas comes out at all, even if i ac/on a few times while holding the valve open, nothing comes out. so im assuming its air...
Old 10-09-2007

I bought my XFC and harness from Dezod. I'm still running the stock regulator and returnless setup, so you should be fine on that standpoint until you want to really crank up the boost. At that point you'll be on new internals and everything else though.

I don't know if the e-manage map sensor is the same as the regular GM 3 BAR. I would think so, but I'm not sure. I default to Chris or someone else on that one. If it is, you can just re-use that instead of buying the GM 3-BAR that PCS recommends.
Old 10-09-2007

Our fuel rail just has the one fuel point going into it on the left. If you really look at it, you'll see the other is just a hard vacuum line that's been brazed to the fuel rail.

Word on the partial throttle boost. I rarely go WOT with the PCS and the car pulls and pulls at partial throttle. It's really nice.
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

what is partial throtle response?

is it recmended or do you actually need a regulator forthis to work? should i stay with rsx injectors if i go to xfc, and planing to do 8psi MAX until i work on the bottom end? or go srts now?

whats the word on the rc injectors at the same cc? how they work with the xfc?

stock: 240cc
rsx type.s: 310cc
srt-4: ???
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

The extra lines are the evap lines.....you only have one line the the fuel rail that actually has fuel.
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

right, i see that. so thats the air line that does what pertaining to the fuel? why would someone post bleed that valve to release the fuel pressre and fuel will come out?
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

Any injector I can make work. that is not a problem...Partial responce is what makes your car drive like normal outside of boost and you do not have what I call "gaps" in your fuel trims
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

it releases the pressure in the fuel system
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

ok. what else could i diagnose to figure out this problem? i mean i know the emanage has startup issues with the rsx injctors, but damn, after it running 10min and driving, i can turn it off and it takes like 50+ tries to get it to crank. it fires like its lean, then wont dont do ****, bad pings and knocks, sounds horrible. but then you smell gas... i dont get it. ten when it does start, it hessitates real bda at first then goes on. takes 10sec to richen up... once drving it leans out bad and the a/f is all over the place

sorry for spelling need batteries for keyboard
Old 10-09-2007

^^^^ Yup.

You can also do the same thing by cutting the battery and taking off the gas cap.

SRT-4s are 577cc.

The RSX-S ones can only dump enough fuel for about 6 psi. Anymore than that and they're maxed out and that's how I blew my first head gasket!

The problem with RCs is you have to fart around with different O-ring sizes to get them to fit the D17 stock rail and IM. SRT-4s drop right in, once you change the wiring clips out.
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

so it doest matterwhat cc injector you have besides the max out. otherwse its al controlled by your map, right? and of course your fuel pump can keep up... whats the walbro 255 good for?
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

from what your describing you are deffinately lean. Now whats causing that is what we can figure out. check your fuel pressure with key to on postion. Should be around 40 to 43psi. it that is fine then i would lean more toward the greddy unit being ****ed or a harness wiring issue
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

where can i get a fuel pressure gauge tonight that will work to test this? the guy i bought the emanage from had an issue with the settings causin the coil pack fuse to blow and didnt know how to fix it, so he sent the harness back for testing and it came back alright... so dont think is there. he was able to start up the car twice, but never drove it or hit boost.

the stupid **** isnt answering his phone either now, so i dunno what to think nemore. except i need to get to work, or im REALLY ****ed.
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

will it be 41psi with the walbro?

ho do u hook up the gauge for testng?
Old 10-09-2007

Fuel pressure is fuel pressure no matter what pump is driving it. It's when the injectors start sucking more fuel that you need a stronger pump (the Walbro) to keep it at the stock pressure. The Walbro won't change the pressure at all. As far as putting a gauge on the line, fwah....

I don't think you can do anything but to tap the actual fuel line and put a gauge there on a T-fitting.

Didn't you buy a wideband?
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

yeah thats what i was going to do.. i couldnt find the right stuff at autozone though... i think the gauge has to be passed the regulator though, is what i would think, in other words, the fuel rail pressure itself. and our rails we cant tap that... most domestic cars had a screw for a tap on the rail (kit is at autozone for 20 bucks to tap that type). civic mech manual shows a t fittign with a gauge just on the line... so i dunno.

this was just something i was going to check incase the fuel pump is bad or installed wrong...

but i deff smell gas when your trying to start it. and once you do get it to start, itll idle at 14.9 (takes about 15sec to get there) on ratio at 25+ on 500 rpm 0% thrttle map.... you go to 0 or 5 (which it should be at) it leans out passed 17 and doesnt even show on the gauge....

yes i got the aem uego. its showing lean as **** unless i jack the table passed 25 and 30. accross the whole thing, and then up into the 80's...

with bigger pump and bigger cc's injectors i should be having to take away.... i dont understand. and even at those settings, it wont start and wont stay started. its running like ****, knocking like all hell. im gonna blow a gasket, and or rod. real soon. if i dont fix this.

Last edited by 7thgen_k20vic; 10-09-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

god, how this **** makes you sound like a little bitch... lmao

whah whah whah, sound like a kid with a broken skateboard
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

Whatever you do, I would not keep starting your motor. If you have a scan tool that can read Fuel Press at your ODB2 port then that is the best way. Its not as accurate but a 1 or 2 psi difference would not matter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WOHOA TURBO! ....Nicks 1 day turbo install.....