Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

WOHOA TURBO! ....Nicks 1 day turbo install.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: WOHOA TURBO! ....Nicks 1 day turbo install.....

Update your ****, Nick!! You've been working on the car for at 5 hours now!
Old 10-06-2007
Banned

7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about

LMAO clint. actually, just woke up, but i got in here at lees around 1ish after bayfest CRAP and worked on her till 4.. i couldnt resist.... but yeah, got alot off last night, i/h/e, and frontend.

so yeah, 1 broke ratchet, already some blood, and well the mock up of the manifold is making my little vacuum valce on the side of the WG hit the valve cover, so i dunno wtf im going to do. just sepnt 15min with it again this morning and im not sure what ima have to do. i could flip the wg around 180, but that leaves the waste dump pointing toward the valve cover and i dont want that.... so i dunno what else i can do. i also noticed theres a hole on top of this wg.. is that normal for tials? ive only ever seen the vacuum L fitting on top, and not on the side... whats up with that? ill send pic in sec.. give me some thoughts. the L fitting on the side is hitting just a mere 4-5cm. im thinkin bout shavin the top of the nut off...

eatin breakfast atm
Old 10-06-2007
Banned

7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about

ok, nm on the wg **** as of now, i got it to go so far. ima go finish up with the mock up of the piping.
Old 10-06-2007
Tire Spin

Str8UpCivic will become famous soon enough

So now that the day has come do u think youll be able to finish it?!? good luck! im looking foward to seeing your progress
Old 10-06-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Update your ****, Nick!! You've been working on the car for at 5 hours now!
You know what i say about that....

Less online play and updates = more work time.... unless your lazy and sleep in lol.
Old 10-06-2007
Registered!!

rick1574 will become famous soon enough

looking forward to see how it ends up.
Old 10-06-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

the Wastegate has 2 ports to it. one on top that goes to a boost controller and the lower one to just a vacume source
Old 10-07-2007
Banned

Exclamation Re: WOHOA TURBO! ....Nicks 1 day turbo install.....

OK. where here it is. its 1.15am my time (central) and id say im about 75% done. Electronics will have to be finished tommorow with more sunlight. Besides that, everything is mounted up and fits good after some fabrication **** i managed to do myself. nothing too drastic went wrong besides figuring out the piping, of course. it was really really tight with this turbo (its huge!) but i was able to get it all in there. I really need to get a dump pipe though, im going to burn the **** outta my rad and hood if i dont...

So it looks like the 1 day install has turned into 2, but thats ok, as id rather sleep at this point, because i have all of tommorows light to work with... just hope it all works when im done, or im ****ed.
Old 10-07-2007
Banned

Last edited by 7thgen_k20vic; 10-07-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Old 10-07-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

good job and good luck for tomorow.. 2 days aint so bad.. at least its not 52.. lol jk clint!
Old 10-07-2007

Looks good Nick! Here's a couple suggestions I have from looking at the pics.

1. Pull your turbo assembly back out and wrap either your DP, or that AC line, or both if you want your AC to stay cool.

2. It's also much easier to attach the oil feed and return lines to the turbo when it's out of the car.

Have fun with putting a filter on the turbo intake with that battery in the way. Trunk reloc makes things a lot easier.

All in all, looks good man! You have a mess of wiring to contend with in the interior, but I know it looks worse than it actually is. Good luck with the rest of it!
Old 10-07-2007
Banned

just got the filter in clint

yeah, where can i get some wraaaaaap?
Old 10-07-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

u done yet!!!???
Old 10-07-2007
Banned

lol. basically, no. electronics to do tommorow. bout to hit the head and get some zzz's, just waitin on lee to get home, im out in the garage locked out =P
Old 10-07-2007

Talk to Uncle Summit man or hit Ebay. DEI makes a decent wrap, although I've used both generic Ebay and DEI's wrap from Summit and they're both the same.

Nice filter routing by the way.
Old 10-07-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

there is hope for me yet....i'll be reloc'ing the battery though...got an optima yellow top i'm gonna throw in there...
Old 10-07-2007
Banned

yeah ima special order me a red top. my battery about a couple months ago went totally dead on me, so my friend had an extra one layin around and came to my rescue... havent replaced it since

so here i am, awake again... and str8 at the car i go... im about to have to resoldier the entire (well about 10 wires) ecu harness, back to stock. between using 2 types of afc controllers and tapping in 4 gauges in the passed, my harness has jewd to ****ing hell and back. so if i want this emanage harness to work properly, im going to have to get everything back to normal. oh yeah, and also hook up the boost controller while im doing all that as well...

fun tymes
Old 10-07-2007
Banned

Originally Posted by speedfoos

Nice filter routing by the way.

all in all, prob next week, what i want to do is relocate the batt to the trunk behind my sub. then i can use all that room for cooler air in the corner of the bay. prob use one of those walls like k&n always uses, so thatyll be sweet...
Old 10-07-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

The dumptube is easy to make, I have several of them on the d17s.
Old 10-07-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

this is my fav turbo thread so far...y?

many many pixs.........TAKE ALOT OF PIXS!!!!!!!!!!!

yea?
Old 10-07-2007

How's it coming Nick?

Head over to my thread - which is way cooler, sl33py - when you have 7 minutes and 40 seconds. My vid finally finished on Youtube!
Old 10-08-2007
Banned

Angry Re: WOHOA TURBO! ....Nicks 1 day turbo install.....

hey will, wanna sell me a dump pipe? =)

ill post pics tommorow and possibly the videos from the first try stratup.. and yes, i meant try....

the oil sandwich plate i got did not have a damn gasket, so we tried to make one... and well that did not work =/ so i got som gasket maker sittin on her now and ill try in the morning again, but prob aint gonna work. i ****ed up my oil presure sensor (aftermarket gauge one) SO IF ANYONE IS SELLING ONE, LET ME KNOW! lol... but yeah. keep them fingers crossed for me still...

i got her to turn over though =P ...and any mechanic knows, thats grounds to work with hehe.

until tommorow...
Old 10-08-2007

LOL - sounds like par for the course Nick! Head on over to the T.E.A.R.S. thread and claim your member number!

I've got a pressure sensor from a D16Y8 that you can have. It might work, it might not. PM me your address and I'll drop it in the mail to you tomorrow.

RTV should work as long as both surfaces are clean and you re-do it every time you mess with the oil filter.

Keep at it man, I know you will!
Old 10-08-2007
Banned

OK. i got it to idle. hard to start up every time, takes a few goes,.. but heres the thing, immediatley i pop a CEL light and using odbc diagnostics i get a P0108 MAP circut high input... i figured the emanage would take care of that no?

also, im trying to update my emanage and active light is blinking green yellow and red, wtf...

anyway, i try to hit gas a little and it dies... if i just hair it, ittle go up about t500 rpm and thats all, any more, sounds like it bogs down, knocks a bunch and stalls.. so i dunno

any help?
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

Call if you can
Old 10-08-2007
Banned

10-4
Old 10-08-2007
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Are you done yet dammit! Hurry up...this shouldn't take more than a few hours
Old 10-08-2007
Banned

Angry Re: WOHOA TURBO! ....Nicks 1 day turbo install.....

yeah im ****ed... sometimes it starts, sometimes it takes 30min+ .. sometimes i can drive it down the road, then it stalls lean... doesnt make sense. even if i jack the mappings up 25 and 55+ its still running lean sometimes, the a/f is all over the ****ing place.

pissed. basically.

something is got to be set wrong on my emanage. period.

and i hate the ****ing emanage, did i mention that?
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

Whoa something is not right at all!!!! is the plug and play harness correct. But there is deffinately something wrong....The base map I sent you you should not have to add fuel at all in the lower idle range at all..Could be one of two things...Fuel delivery could have a problem rather it is the injectors or pump...Or a bad box and PNP harness unless your PCM went bad..
Old 10-09-2007
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

Hey man... C'mon over and get a member number. Welcome to the world of turbo...

Quick Reply: WOHOA TURBO! ....Nicks 1 day turbo install.....