Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Exterior build thread-Eyger (Vote for which color I should paint my car! (and rims))

Old 10-03-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Oh no....He's at it again...

^Oh yeah, I'm only going to do a half quart sprayable on the gold level, so it'll be a toned down version of what's above....Im pretty sure this is what I'm going to do.
Old 10-03-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Exterior build thread by Eyger (color swatch pics added! pg. 2)

heyy i think i have an idea of what its going to look like.. has any1 else ever noticed that beutiful white pearlish looking color on the lexus is250s or whatever theyre called.. the new BADASS looking lexus's that recently came out...? ill have to find a pic but im sure somebody has seen it when the sun hits this white and how it just glows!!
Old 10-04-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
heyy i think i have an idea of what its going to look like.. has any1 else ever noticed that beutiful white pearlish looking color on the lexus is250s or whatever theyre called.. the new BADASS looking lexus's that recently came out...? ill have to find a pic but im sure somebody has seen it when the sun hits this white and how it just glows!!
I know what you mean, it's seriously bad ***. I was going to take a small video of the glittering effect, but my camera ran out of memory, I left my card at home. Next time I get supplies i'll take a short vid. It's really sweet.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold

damn now i remember your car. Mad props to you bro. i just got my car out of the shop and finally done. Had to do all the body work my self as well while they just painted it. Cant wait till final results. You,I, and a quite few other members in this site,are one of the very few to make body kits look good in our 7thgens.
Old 10-04-2007
A long winded 7th genr

^Hell yeah dude, I think body kits are seriously cool. If you look around at all the top Time attack cars/D1 cars, which are my two favorite types of cars, they all have body kits and they all look really nice! Doing your own body work is the smartest thing you can do, save tons of money. Although you gotta be willing to work for it.....I can't wait till I get it painted.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

good luck with the painting man. your car looks good and it is definitely unique. props for the good work and i am looking forward to the finished product.
Old 10-04-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Alright, so here's another update, tonight I've pretty much just been filling the rain grooves on the roof. I want a sleek look, so I'm trying to get it flattened out. Also I block half the car with 180 to flatten it more.

Here's the filler I used to fill in the grooves, It's re enforced with kevlar.

Filling

Filling more, but not done sanding yet.

Up next I have to repair the kit and block it out.....more to come!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	roof1.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	72748   Click image for larger version

Name:	roof2.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	72749   Click image for larger version

Name:	roof3.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	72750  
Old 10-05-2007
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

GOod Luck man...
Old 10-05-2007
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road

hey are those aerogear sideskirts? i was planning to get those, but readin ur post...there 7in SHORTER? wtf.....
Old 10-05-2007
Registered!!

mneuls will become famous soon enoughmneuls will become famous soon enough

that's cool, you got rid of those black plastic things on the roof, looking good.
Old 10-05-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by CIVIC X3
hey are those aerogear sideskirts? i was planning to get those, but readin ur post...there 7in SHORTER? wtf.....
Nope, those side skirts are RSX Ing's +1 Side skirts. Since they don't belong to the 7th gen i had to fabricate some serious stuff! I love them though. They're my favorite side skirts
Old 10-05-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by mneuls
that's cool, you got rid of those black plastic things on the roof, looking good.

Thanks, I like it too, I figured, hm they don't do anything, might as well shave em! I think Im going to do shaved door handles too.
Old 10-05-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Update; continued from yesterday:

I kept working on the roof, it's looking/feeling really nice now. more pics:
(All i have to do is Sand the final glaze and then prime it for now....)

Ya think? Ha ha. It's all good.

That's it for now, I hungry as a bear and need to relax, tough day at work and lots of work in the garage. This weekend will be nice though, I'll have time to work on it. And even monday is cool too because I'll be home all day.

Name:	roofPhoto-0130w.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	72753   Click image for larger version

Name:	roofPhoto-0131w.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	72754   Click image for larger version

Name:	roofPhoto-0132w.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	72755   Click image for larger version

Name:	roofPhoto-0133w.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	72756  
Old 10-06-2007
Registered!!

0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough

it looks like you glassed your door to your roof, or is it just an illusion? Aren't you afraid of that cracking out when you first open your door and when you constantly slam the door shut?

Good idea, it just isn't something I would do, or I would have taken a different approach.

Nice work on the car so far my man, keep up the good work!!!!
Old 10-06-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

AWW quit scratching the paint! LMAO
Old 10-06-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by Airheadsman2k3
it looks like you glassed your door to your roof, or is it just an illusion? Aren't you afraid of that cracking out when you first open your door and when you constantly slam the door shut?

Good idea, it just isn't something I would do, or I would have taken a different approach.

Nice work on the car so far my man, keep up the good work!!!!

Um...no. I just filled in the groove that separated the roof from the door frame area... it's not fiberglass either, Everglass is a Kevlar reinforced thick *** body filler, therefore I do not see any problems in the future. The groove I've filled has no structural significance, so everything will be cool.

Not to mention that I never slam my door. I hate people that slam doors! Ha ha
Old 10-06-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by TransformedBG
AWW quit scratching the paint! LMAO

Ha ha, seriously! only I can do it! no one else!!! Thank god I'm just going to get a CF hood right? Heh
Old 10-06-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Saturday update:

I blocked out the finishing glaze and damn yo....it's friggin smooth as glass. That's what it's gotta be like! Ha ha, I'm glad I put so much time into making it look nice, because it's gonna turn out nice in the long run.

So Im done with filling the grooves in the roof, but I still have to block out all the low spots in the middle area of the roof...oh well, as least the harder stuff is done.

Here's a picture of what it looked like when I completely flattened the finishing glaze.

After that, I just masked it up and primer-ed the hell out of it!

In these pictures, the primer is still wet, so you can see light reflecting off of it.

Name:	rooffinal001.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	72759   Click image for larger version

Name:	rooffinal002.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	72760   Click image for larger version

Name:	rooffinal003.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	72761   Click image for larger version

Name:	rooffinal004.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	72762   Click image for larger version

Name:	rooffinal005.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	72763  

Old 10-06-2007
Registered!!

rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough
Re: Exterior build thread by Eyger (color swatch-pg. 2 Roof done! pg. 4)

damn, thats pretty damn nice for a job for something thats being done at home. I hate anything that has to do with paint, I can never have the patience
Old 10-06-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by rice4lyfe
damn, thats pretty damn nice for a job for something thats being done at home. I hate anything that has to do with paint, I can never have the patience
Heh, Yeah I feel you on that one, But I have a catch 22 thing going on, which is, I have no patience, but I'm also a perfectionist on that kinda thing, so it's like ARGH! I fast become sick of doing it, but like when I finished the roof, it was such a gratifying feeling. It's all good. On to the next part of the prep!
Old 10-07-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks excellent man!! Dumb question though. Will the upper windshield seal go back in easily now that you've taken it out? And did you just pull it out or was there some special tool you used?
Old 10-07-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Looking pretty good, I wanna see some outdoor shots once its painted and cleared (if your clearing)
Old 10-07-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

nice bro. im planning to paint my car myself next summer. is it cool if i contact you with questions if i have some?
Old 10-07-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Looks excellent man!! Dumb question though. Will the upper windshield seal go back in easily now that you've taken it out? And did you just pull it out or was there some special tool you used?

Yes and no, the winshield rubber piece will go in no problem, but I can't do it at home, I have to take it to a windshield place and get them to pop out the whole windshield and glue in the rubber piece. I got some quotes, It'll only cost like 30 bucks so it's Ok. The piece is like sandwiched inbetween the frame and the glass, and there's a flap that goes over top of the glass. When I removed it, I just took a razorblade to it and cut the thing off.
Old 10-07-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Looking pretty good, I wanna see some outdoor shots once its painted and cleared (if your clearing)
Hell yeah, I'm doing a three stage paint, White, gold pearl, clear. And yep, when It's all done I'll post more pics then you can shake a stick at. It probably won't be for a while though considering that I'm broke. Ha ha.
Old 10-07-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
nice bro. im planning to paint my car myself next summer. is it cool if i contact you with questions if i have some?

hell yeah dude, if you want some input just let me know. I'm not a professional, but i'll tell you what I know! Just drop me a line.
Old 10-07-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

thats a cool idea, i like the roof shave, looks really good, cant wait to see it done man, u got spray guns at home?
Old 10-07-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Eyger. I thought that might be the case. These criminals around here would probably charge me like 100 quid ($200) to do the same thing. Good progress though man!
Old 10-24-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Ok, so I havn't done much because I was out of town last weekend, but I fixed up all the imperfections in the roof. Although I don't have my memory card with me, so I'll post pictures later.

After looking around town and out of town for a rent a booth or someone that would let me in with no success, I started looking for a place that would do it professionally and not give me a hard time. I think I found a place. They are a production paint and body shop that does good professional work but also works on a lot of local hot rods. Which is good because I know that the older dudes around here are picture perfect with the paint quality. Any ways Im hopefully going to get it primed up maybe in the next week. I already have the primer. After I get the whole car primed I'm going to just stop the body work and start saving up for exterior mods such as headlights taillights and mirrors, because I need all new outside parts. So aside from pictures what my car looks like primered up from this point on everything will probably be exterior mods such as hood, trunk, etc....

This is my list, of what I'm going to buy in this order.
(It's more like a personal promise. Because I need to be focused to get these things done!)

New parts list on page one.

Last edited by Eyger; 12-16-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait for the pictures. That car is going to look hot!! Have some rep for the hard work.

Edit: just kidding. I cant rep you yet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exterior build thread-Eyger (Vote for which color I should paint my car! (and rims))