Bye Bye 17's :-( Welcome 15's :-) - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2007   #1  
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice
Cool Bye Bye 17's :-( Welcome 15's :-)

Ahhh ... After 2 years of constant grrooommm grroooom and ruuggeeerr ruuggeeerr I got tired of my 17 inches with low profiles ! Even after changing 2 sets of brand new tires in 2 years I still couldnt make em Quite ... Ah welll I miss my old rims but I also love the new ones

Check em out and lemme know what You think

The Old 17's :

ANd The New Ones !!!

mani_is_kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #2  
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Re: Bye Bye 17's :-( Welcome 15's :-)

much better.
exturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #3  
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

Looks good.. but what sound is..

Quote:
grrooommm grroooom and ruuggeeerr ruuggeeerr
??????
Kevbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #4  
Registered!!

Matteo will become famous soon enough

sick
Matteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #5  
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbotron View Post
Looks good.. but what sound is..

??????

Mayne I dont know how to put it up. But what I meant was that constant deep humming sound that makes way in to the car cabin. And it makes me sleep for some scary reason. Only on the highways when im driving constantly. My school is like a 60 mile drive round trip 4 days a week and 2 days I leave for home at 10 at night which is a very sleepy ride man !

Rest of u all: Thanks for the comments

Next Project (God Willing) ---->>> Complete Sound Deadning for the entire Cabin !!! Hopefully in Decemeber during my winter break
Old 09-24-2007   #6  
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

^hahaha it's all good man, I figured it was something like that.. just fu(kin w/ ya! I do like those 15's more tho
Kevbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #7  
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

saddly i liked the 17s better
02BLKCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #8  
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough

imo i think 15 looks too small on these cars. i had 15s on my sedan and it looked like sheit. 16 is perfect. but in any case those rims are nice
boosted.es2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #9  
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Good looking rims. They look kind of funny after the 17s but hey, downsizing will always be weird.
lordhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #10  
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

mucho chiquito
MidnightCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #11  
Registered!!

azn_knight4874 is an unknown quantity at this point

whateva makes you happy.... looks nice and i'm sure it feels less bumpy and a little faster.. IMO i always thought the 15's / 16's looked better on the late 90's civics, but that's just me...
azn_knight4874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #12  
Banned

Thanks all for ur wonderful comments !

And I got hell of a hook up on the price >>> $650 with FALKEN 205/50/15's
plus Free wheel locks, Nitrogen fill and Balancing and Mounting
Old 09-24-2007   #13  
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC View Post
saddly i liked the 17s better
heheh Well I loved my old rims too... Its not that they were crappy or something. I got the most attention by those rims and everyone would say that they just suit the car awesome. I bought them off of an Acura Integra and the old owner and myself ,,, Noone knew they would look so awesome n my car hahah !!! But recently I got tired of the road noise and rough ride man .... I might get 17's or 18's again in the future but only to use em for show purposes or when i lease a second car and finish my projects on this one
Old 09-24-2007   #14  
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Why fill with Nitrogen, is it because the psi is more stable?
Alpha 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #15  
Ultra-Platinum Super Bonus Member

So.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhelmet View Post
but hey, downsizing will always be weird.
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

he....hehe...

i'm not feelin the new rims, too small imo. but i'm kinda biased towards 17" or 18" on civics. good job though.
So.Ill.EM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #16  
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

^^^ nitrogen atoms are larger and wont leak out or heat up as quickly as compressed air. Also is supposed to protect rims and tires from rusting/deteriorating because nitrogen contains no moisture.

new wheels look a tad small 16s would have been perfect but those wheels are a nice design. Now you need to drop the front a bit more the gap is more pronounced with the smaller wheels

Last edited by EggRollBandit05; 09-24-2007 at 04:08 PM.
EggRollBandit05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #17  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

small rims ftw!
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #18  
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

i liked ur 17s better bro... the 15s are a nice design but a tad bit too small for my taste. still look good tho..

what happend to ur old wheels?? im in the market lol
DsevenEm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #19  
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

well... Nitrogen is only good for roadracing i say! if you travel a ton, that i can read, it is good, but finding nitrogen is hard to get to!, i mean i like my air...it's FREE!...87% of places!
burke420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #20  
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

i like the new style, look good, would like to see those in 17's
greeen01civic4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #21  
Registered!!

redrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura about

Hmmm... I just put Falken Azenies on mine and got rid of ALL tire noise... What tires did you try?
redrocket600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #22  
Registered!!

85gp4 is an unknown quantity at this point

You car looks good. I went from 17" to 15" wheels a while back, and found that it rides smoother, has less road noise and actually gets better mpg. I guess if you just drive around town, you don't really notice. But I also drive pretty far (100 miles round trip each day) and won't ever go back to 17" wheels. I mean, honestly how much performance do you really think 17" wheels are going to give a 90hp Civic? LOL
85gp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #23  
Banned

Wink Re: Bye Bye 17's :-( Welcome 15's :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d View Post
i like the new style, look good, would like to see those in 17's
Thanks man ! Yeah I saw these in 19's on a 350Z in a magazine bro !!! Sick I tell u

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke420 View Post
well... Nitrogen is only good for roadracing i say! if you travel a ton, that i can read, it is good, but finding nitrogen is hard to get to!, i mean i like my air...it's FREE!...87% of places!
Well it might be hard to find but if u go on wheelmax.com and put ur zip code. They actually tell u a lot of places near ur house which u might not even know of. And Nissan Dealers carry Nitrogen fill ups. They have had em since last year !
Quote:
Originally Posted by DsevenEm2 View Post
i liked ur 17s better bro... the 15s are a nice design but a tad bit too small for my taste. still look good tho..

what happend to ur old wheels?? im in the market lol
Sold for $250!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha 5 View Post
Why fill with Nitrogen, is it because the psi is more stable?
Eggrollbandit05 took care of that in addition the guys said there more quiter for some reason ... well might be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggRollBandit05 View Post
^^^ nitrogen atoms are larger and wont leak out or heat up as quickly as compressed air. Also is supposed to protect rims and tires from rusting/deteriorating because nitrogen contains no moisture.

new wheels look a tad small 16s would have been perfect but those wheels are a nice design. Now you need to drop the front a bit more the gap is more pronounced with the smaller wheels
Im actually dropped on 2inches right now. They are dropzone. I dont know of any other way to go lower than that other than coilovers. But at the same time im getting a front lip, So i dont prefer going lower coz of road conditions here man !
Old 09-24-2007   #24  
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_is_kool View Post
Thanks man ! Yeah I saw these in 19's on a 350Z in a magazine bro !!! Sick I tell u

Well it might be hard to find but if u go on wheelmax.com and put ur zip code. They actually tell u a lot of places near ur house which u might not even know of. And Nissan Dealers carry Nitrogen fill ups. They have had em since last year !

Sold for $250!

Eggrollbandit05 took care of that in addition the guys said there more quiter for some reason ... well might be!

Im actually dropped on 2inches right now. They are dropzone. I dont know of any other way to go lower than that other than coilovers. But at the same time im getting a front lip, So i dont prefer going lower coz of road conditions here man !

Ooo your post count is 666
MURDOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #25  
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrocket600 View Post
Hmmm... I just put Falken Azenies on mine and got rid of ALL tire noise... What tires did you try?
I got the rims with Kumho Ecsta which were quite for the first two weeks but krazy after that... Later I got some General UHP which were rated by tirerack.com as the best in class for ride comfort and low road noise which was complete and i fell for it. Last i got some used Nankangs to sell the rims and thats abt it ...
May be next time when i get 17's or 18's I might go for some Michellins coz my buyddy has an 07 TL type S and he said that the factory tires were noisy and he replaced em with these Michellins... $200 for each tire !!! emm i have to graduate for that kind of expense man !
Old 09-24-2007   #26  
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85gp4 View Post
You car looks good. I went from 17" to 15" wheels a while back, and found that it rides smoother, has less road noise and actually gets better mpg. I guess if you just drive around town, you don't really notice. But I also drive pretty far (100 miles round trip each day) and won't ever go back to 17" wheels. I mean, honestly how much performance do you really think 17" wheels are going to give a 90hp Civic? LOL
Well thats exactly the same reason I had to switch to these 15's. Like i posted I drive 60 highway miles roundtrip 4 days a week and then an extra 100+ miles on the streets. Another reason why i had to give up those 15's is coz Im driving to NY this winter and then to CA in commin Summer .... So i needed something reliable and less expensive in the long run ... Imagine driving cross coast on low profiles
Old 09-24-2007   #27  
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURDOCK View Post
Ooo your post count is 666
hahah Damn .. I cant beleive u noticed that ! hahah
Old 09-25-2007   #28  
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

pretty sweet!
2005EM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #29  
Registered!!

mooze is an unknown quantity at this point

my 17's make almost no noise.hate those crappy coilover sleeves tho
mooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #30  
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

I'd never go back from my 17's to anything smaller, I don't care if my rims called me names everywhere I drove. I like the stance of our dropped Vics with 17's...everything is big on 7th gens, headlights, tail lights, bumpers so why not have big rims on there? Just looks like they belong. I guess if you are happy though thats all that really matters...oh yeah my solution to the noise of my rims...subs and new 6 1/2s...I don't hear anything but good quality music...
PitchBlack is offline   Reply With Quote