Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Sedan Window Visors JDM??

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007
I like my commute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Sedan Window Visors JDM??

Hey so I don't want to pay the full price for password's JDM window visors... (200$) so I was cruisin E-Bay and I saw these... Can anyone see any difference? I sure as hell cant, they look like the JDM style. The only thing I'm worried about is quality ... What do you guys think?

LINKS!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...ayphotohosting

http://passwordjdm.com/JDM-EM-01-05-...P1469C173.aspx
Old 08-27-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sedan Window Visors JDM??

FOr 10 bucks, try the knockoffs, not much to lose.
Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

rushbuster70 is an unknown quantity at this point

i'd try them...i'm actually going to get a pair lol...
Old 08-27-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

^lol, like just now? haha
Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

mike21190 is an unknown quantity at this point

i found the cheap ones on ebay too. i think im going to try them
Old 08-27-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

looks exactly the same. except you cant say its jdm
Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

rushbuster70 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
looks exactly the same. except you cant say its jdm
how are you gonna know???lol
Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

BlackieEM2 will become famous soon enough

u told us u got them from egay, or i can ask u is it clip or 3m tapped
Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

kuNhoHan will become famous soon enough

i got mine from ebay they are maxxplus, they are thicker than the PWJDM ones, but they are 3m tape ....

Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BlackieEM2
u told us u got them from egay, or i can ask u is it clip or 3m tapped
mine are clipped and m3 tapped JDM!!!
Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough

jeez, makes me wanna get some now....

I wanna be JDM too! lol
Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

beware, there are some ebay sellers that are posting pictures of the genuine product but they send you something different. judging from the those pictures though they do look exactly like the real thing.

I have the passwordjdm visors

Old 08-27-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

^^^nice car!
Old 08-27-2007
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING IN STYLING!

well, from a distance they would look the same..but here's two of the differences...

1)

Password ones have 3M tape to keep water from coming down AND clips that attach to car itself, so they are 'screwed/bolted to the car'

these are JUST 3M tape...installed wrong (i.e. not cleaned before sticking, say a possible goodbye on the highway after a little!)

2)

Password ones...where they are curved out, starts where they meet the car...

these have a flat edge, THEN bulge out

if you want some close-up pics of Password ones to see the differences, PM me your email...
Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

slowwhitecivic will become famous soon enough

well i got the ebay one and it pass the 110 mph test lol ...not sure about doing it again lol but i wouldnt waste $200 on something like that
Old 08-28-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

regardless the window moldings look like poo poo but on the right car they can look good
Old 08-28-2007
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

I think our sedans windows look too big without them. Too tall.
Old 08-28-2007
I like my commute

^yeah I agree.. they make the car look more stout.

3m tape is great quality though, I heard of some extra thin kind that sticks like a ****. I'm going to get these visors and thank the cheapness god for his help
Old 08-28-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

lol its just plastic pieces. if you really have the money go ahead and buy jdm
Old 08-28-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

I would like someone to take pics of the clips, just to show us why the (REAL) JDM ones are worth the extra coin.

Also someone that has the knock offs take pics of yours as well. This way we can make up our minds with pics.

Odiously they look similar on the car, so I don't want just pics of the side of your car, we have those. I want the backing and the mounting surface, maybe a shot to show the thickness of material as well. We need picks to show the difference in quality.
Old 08-28-2007
Premium Member

seems like tape would be the better way to go for cleaner install and easy to remove later. and 3m stuff is strong if you apply it right.
Old 08-28-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

3M "We don't make the things you buy, we make the things you buy better" thats soooooo arrogant but its sooooooo true
Old 08-28-2007
I like my commute

I thought that was BASF
Old 08-28-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

could be? doesn't matter, both of them are getting rich off of stamping their name on products...free rep if anyone knows what 3M stands for...I do! Done thread jacking now...
Old 08-28-2007
Registered!!

kuNhoHan will become famous soon enough

oOoo Ooo ... 3M stands for ... Minnesota Mining and Manufcturing
Old 08-28-2007
Registered!!

yes yes it does, free rep. Isn't BASF's slogan "The Chemical Company" or something like that...?
Old 08-28-2007
I like my commute

right from the main page of BASF corp!

Many consumers are familiar with BASF Corporation’s popular slogan: "We don’t make a lot of the products you buy. We make a lot of the products you buy better.®" That statement can well be applied to the BASF site in Geismar. Chemical products manufactured at Geismar go into hundreds of everyday items that make life better for people in Ascension Parish and around the world.
Old 08-28-2007
Registered!!

I'll rep for that, I'm glad you have the time to care, lol
Old 08-28-2007
I like my commute

well I AM at work

still waiting on that rep...
Old 08-28-2007
Registered!!

says I gotta spread it around before I can rep you again sooo you are gonna be waiting for a lil bit...remind me tomorrow

Quick Reply: Sedan Window Visors JDM??