Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

dusk photoshoot w/new LED mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
dusk photoshoot w/new LED mods

once again, car is changing, i hope for the better lol. opinions welcome.

first we have the depo aftermarket LED tails for sedan. They use pure red superflux style leds, and one 5mm led facing the side at the edge of the housing. inner cluster is park lights only, outer is park AND brake lights which are bright like a ****. like blinding. fir the reverse lights, i have 7440 raybrig hyper clear bulbs, whiter and brighter than stock. for the signals, philips silvervision bulbs in 7440 with chrome coating and brighter amber than stock.

here is an off pic of the tail, with all bulbs installed. see any amber? i sure dont

parking lights lit up! you can see my custom door marker which recently got 5 red superflux leds retroed in diy style

another pic of parking lights; the plate lights are raybrig 2x hyper clear w5w bulbs (brightest bulb you can buy).

pics of the silvervision turn signal in action. the reflector is very good at dispersing the light and yes they really look like a huge blob in person! very bright. you can also see the SI sidemarker in the front, retroed with 2 amber superflux leds.

another rear shot of the turn signals.

brake lights on. the top mount is a diy custom 14 led superflux strip made by me. unfortunately, it is very dim compared to the tails. its just barely brighter than parking lights now so i may redo it making the leds brighter

random pic of diy 1 watt amber dorado led dome lights. matching front and back, 50 total lumens of amber goodness. yes it lights up the whole car like a pumpkin lol.

and a few more pics before it got dark. parking lights have raybrig hyper clear w5w to match the plate lights, and philips silvervision signals just like the rears. fogs are bmw projectors with osram +30 super H3 bulbs. near perfect match with parking light.

Old 08-13-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
Re: dusk photoshoot w/new LED mods

looks hot, whatd u pay for the tails, i love em, +1 for u
Old 08-13-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

around $185 shipped i believe. they are actually fairly good quality, but i had to cut and splice all the wires cause their "pnp" connectors were either loose or installed the wrong polarity lol. but its all good now. the only small thing i dont like is during the day the red color of the tail lens is a bit too light compared to most stock cars. prolly due to the chrome in the back tho instead of dull plastic.
Old 08-13-2007
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of

fukin hot gear
Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

svtec is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks Really good!
Old 08-13-2007
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

looks pimpin..
Old 08-13-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice

so u selling your other tails??
Old 08-14-2007
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, i thought you didnt like these LED tails. They look pretty good on your car though.

btw, how did you get the amber parking light to turn off? I was thinking about doing that.
Old 08-14-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

its... so.. bright...

Looking good Gearbox
Old 08-14-2007
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point

kinda reminds me of this car, which i like

Old 08-14-2007
Registered!!

Polo2k4 will become famous soon enough

Looks great man! Love the lights on the door! good stuff!
Old 08-14-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

its definitely unique, and there was alot of effort put into it! i love it!

i just dont know about the pumpkin thing. lol, well at least its not rice like how i'd do mine.... all green! lol

Hats off again Gear
Old 08-14-2007
Premium Member

Originally Posted by dru106
so u selling your other tails??
i have three pieces...so prolly not. unless you can find an inner trunk piece for passenger side. which i tried so i could sell the set but no luck. and i doubt anyone would want just the three. the other piece is beyond repair, a big rock hit it and there is a big hole and tons of cracks all over the lens.
Old 08-14-2007
Premium Member

Originally Posted by dalaw
lol, i thought you didnt like these LED tails. They look pretty good on your car though.

btw, how did you get the amber parking light to turn off? I was thinking about doing that.

stock bulb is 7443, two filaments. my bulb is 7440 silvervision. one filament for turn (the bright one). if you have stock 7443, you can either buy a 7440 bulb, or bend and remove the two inner metal contacts of the 7443 bulb. the outer two filaments (one on each side) is for the turn signal.
Old 08-14-2007
Registered!!

mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about

hey gear..maybe you could do a DIY on your door lights...?
Old 08-14-2007
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

Looks good. Flows really well. Now all you need to do is hurry up and finish the retrofit.

Hey where did you get the third LED brake light at? I'm trying to find some and can't find them anywhere. I need an LED third brake light to match my LEDS too.

Last edited by buckshizzo; 08-14-2007 at 03:31 AM.
Old 08-14-2007
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

looks good and very unique... but i still like the jdm tails better
Old 08-14-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

^Yeah, I hate to be the only negative nancy here, but there's something not entirely right about those tails IMO, maybe its the lines through the signals n' reverse, I don't know, not crazy about them too bad about your password tails getting cracked

I love everything else though, you are truly the lighting master!

Last edited by Kevbotron; 08-14-2007 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-14-2007
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of

very nice looking. one of a kind look right there
Old 08-14-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

very nice...waiting on your headlight retro...
Old 08-14-2007
Registered!!

dizbstretch is an unknown quantity at this point

i would like a DIY on the door lights, I was going to do something like that too, but never got around to doing it due to lack of knowledge on it. Or I really never looked around, glad to see others are doing this too.

GOOD JOB on the new add-on, they are nice... really flows well together!
Old 08-14-2007
Premium Member

Originally Posted by mrbanhbao
hey gear..maybe you could do a DIY on your door lights...?

they are just our trunk lens pieces, with the insides carved out and leds put in. or you could just use a stock bulb. then just cut the door, glue it in, and run wires to the center dome light. ill take a pic with the light off so you see what i mean.

the top mount brake i just made from some red superflux and a radioshack board. needs to be redone tho cause its wired wrong and not really very bright. i thought about getting the 8thgencivic EX coupe led assambly but its prolly red orange and im pretty sure the tails i have are red.
Old 08-14-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Much props!
Old 08-14-2007
Premium Member

couple more pics

Old 08-14-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

O ya!!!
Old 08-14-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

how do u get ur car to look so clean.. i love the rear of ur car.. in a couple of those shots.. ur car just looks sooo flawless.. whatr u doing with those clear headlights once u get the retrofit..... i love everything.. it just looks very clean and simple..
Old 08-14-2007
Premium Member

retrofit will be in clear stock headlights i have ebay used ones to do the mounting, but the lenses on car are in alot better shape so prolly swap those and sell whats leftover.
Old 08-14-2007
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough

Getting back to the tails not looking nice and red as some stock ones, could you maybe tint them in the same fashion that people black them out. I dunno if they make a red tint paint, but it might help darken em up a bit. You may lose light output, that you seem to love so much, but there is always a trade-off. If I am way off base just ignore me, its merely a suggestion as opposed to a solution, take it for what its worth.
Old 08-14-2007
Premium Member

ya maybe, i dont like the sprays tho cause it peels off. but leds are so bright it wouldnt matter if they got dimmer. oh yea and today i come to find my car got hit by the stupid lawn mower people. they crashed into my front rim and left a big deep scrape in my chrome lip and a mark on the tire along with dirt and grass all over it. i guess they thought i wouldnt notice and i have no proof. sucks
Old 08-14-2007
Registered!!

dizbstretch is an unknown quantity at this point

damn that sucks man... you going for them or just dropping it and fixing your w/ your own cash?

hate to hear those kind of story, i got hit in that same spot by this old man driving outside the state making an illegal turn from the center lane... damn this brought old memory...

haha..

Quick Reply: dusk photoshoot w/new LED mods