Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

H.i.d

Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about
H.i.d

hey planning to get HID's pretty soon and are we just xenon or bi xenon..just a quick question. thanks..
Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough
Re: H.i.d

if you have the dough and the skill, a true bi-xenon retrofit. i'm not sure if the bi-xenon h4 bulbs look too great.
Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

^^^ most bi-xenon projectors use D2S bulbs I believe. They only need one bulb for the highs and lows, the cutoff shield moves down letting more light through when the highs are activated.

Gonna start my fx retrofit in a couple days.
Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about

so is it best that i just stick with the regular xenon? thinking getting the 10000k

Last edited by mrbanhbao; 08-13-2007 at 05:25 AM. Reason: extension
Old 08-13-2007
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

good luck seeing the road with 10000k...
Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

west imports is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ what he said. Bad, unless you are part feline.

Most people who buy HID bulbs are more than happy with the Xenon low, Halogen High in their H4s. IMO, bi-Xenon is a waste of money. The output and type of lighting produced by the Xenon bulb is so clear, I never use my highs any more, except when I am telling people to get the hell out of the way!

Hit me up with a PM if you're interested in a kit.
Old 08-13-2007
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

if you get HIDs, stick with something closer to 4500-5000k.. 6000k maybe...
Old 08-13-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if you get hids, i doubt you will ever use a hi beam again.
Old 08-13-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

go xenon 8000k.... guys, i think he's really wanting the blue aesthetics more-so than actual visibility.
Old 08-13-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

haha um just going 6000k you will lose a whole 1000 lumen per bulb! thats the difference between having your stock halogens on or off.

Last edited by gearbox; 08-13-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gearbox
if you get hids, i doubt you will ever use a hi beam again.
exactly.
Old 08-13-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

yea 10,000 is overkill. i would say 6000..
Old 08-13-2007
Administrator
Administrator

haha um just going 6000k you will lose a whole 1000 lumen per bulb! thats the difference between having your stock halogens on or off.
Wow.. Good to know.. I personally have not gone anything over 5000k
Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

lol HIDs look cool but always remember what good is looking cool if you can't see well enough to be safe? Same thing with riding motorcycles without a lid. Doesn't matter what kind of rider you are, there is always some moron out there that will get you killed. I roll Hondas on 2 and 4 wheels, boosted D17 and CBR 600 F4i...enough with my thread jack, lol good luck
Old 08-13-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

SIngle Beam 6000Ks give out a Bright White Light meanwhile the 8000K's have a Light Blue Shade in em ... 10,000Ks are krazy BLUE and are surely to get u pulled over by cops !

IMO if ur not doing a retro fit go for 8000K coz they will not be TOO BRIGHT for oncoming drivers and people u will be following ... meanwhile the 6000Ks without Retrofit will be very Blinding for others.

Try Dong's HID kits as they are the most affordable ones out there and very good quality compared to the price.
http://stores.ebay.com/High-Quality-HID-Light
Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

mikenam is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=21

bi xenon is high and low.

don't know what year u have but if you use a h4 bulb then using a regular kit you will loose your high beams.

Last edited by mikenam; 08-13-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough

I have a bi-xenon kit, 6000k. They light up the road quite nice, and road signs light up amazingly. I can read road signs at least a quarter mile away, if not further. People say that the 6000k is too bright for oncoming traffic, I don't think is true. I have never been flashed or pulled over. I regret getting the bi-xenon because I think the light output of my high beams was a lot better compared to that of the kit. When high beams are on it almost looks like night, the beam pattern is super wide and super far, and almost no light on the road. I only use them while driving in the middle of nowhere, where I know a lot of animals like to hang out, as I can see them on the sides or their eyes glowing from really far away, as they cross the road. I plan on getting HID fogs to coincide with the highs so I have the best of both worlds, they will be on a switch for inspection purposes. Hope this helps.
Old 08-13-2007
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point

those newer cars with one projector on each side, such as the latest 350Z, is that bi-xenon? Both high and low beam comes out from the same projector?
Old 08-13-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by EggRollBandit05
^^^ most bi-xenon projectors use D2S bulbs I believe.
no. ALL bixenon oem projector based are d2s

Originally Posted by joe6680
I have a bi-xenon kit, 6000k. They light up the road quite nice, and road signs light up amazingly. I can read road signs at least a quarter mile away, if not further. ....... I plan on getting HID fogs to coincide with the highs so I have the best of both worlds...
6k huh... thats alright. but 4300k will always rock it. i still wished the light was a lil bit less white on the 4300k

urs light up the road 1/4mi away huh? let me show you what real lumens are.

and putting hids on ur fogs arnt the best idea. thats almost as bad as throwing on HIDs in a highbeam and leaving it on and driving with it, calling its fogs....

the fog reflective bowl givs off fractured light in all directions. so not a good idea bro.

especially those EBAY fogs. u wonder why oem fogs a more expensive? before the deisgn on the reflective bowl is alot better. and it ACTUALLY PUTS useful light on the ground in the spots that are needed
Old 08-13-2007
Premium Member

blazed870 is on a distinguished road

I just got Dong's HID kit in 6000k. I have yet to install it, but let me tell you, he offers great customer service. I mistakingly asked for 8000k lights when I really wanted 6000k. He sent me the 6000k light bulbs even before I sent back the 8000k ones. He did send me the wrong harness, but he also is sending me that out now too. I can't vouch for the quality of the HID's yet of course, but dealing with him has been great.
Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

02Sicivic is an unknown quantity at this point

do you have to modify the glare shield with these kits when using them in stock headlights? does the light just scatter?
Old 08-13-2007
Premium Member

so long as the bottom half of bulb is covered by the shield, should be good to go.
Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
6k huh... thats alright. but 4300k will always rock it. i still wished the light was a lil bit less white on the 4300k

urs light up the road 1/4mi away huh? let me show you what real lumens are.
No offense but pics don't say much. I could easily expose a pic for a while and let the light burn in, and you'd be like omg thats so bright. My 1/4 mile was an assumption could be a lot further, never really did measure it. I'd post pics as well but my car is in AZ where I goto school, and I am home in NJ, also like I said pics don't really say much.
Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

and putting hids on ur fogs arnt the best idea. thats almost as bad as throwing on HIDs in a highbeam and leaving it on and driving with it, calling its fogs....

the fog reflective bowl givs off fractured light in all directions. so not a good idea bro.

especially those EBAY fogs. u wonder why oem fogs a more expensive? before the deisgn on the reflective bowl is alot better. and it ACTUALLY PUTS useful light on the ground in the spots that are needed
I'd go with these for fogs, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CLEAR...spagenameZWDVW

a member here has em and they look amazing.
Old 08-13-2007
Premium Member

pics dont matter. oem philips 4200k 85122+ bulb is rated for 3400 lumen, the brightest automotive bulb in existance. their ultinon, a 6000k oem/aftermarket bulb also made by philips, is rated at 2400 lumen per bulb.
Old 08-13-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

Originally Posted by blazed870
I just got Dong's HID kit in 6000k. I have yet to install it, but let me tell you, he offers great customer service. I mistakingly asked for 8000k lights when I really wanted 6000k. He sent me the 6000k light bulbs even before I sent back the 8000k ones. He did send me the wrong harness, but he also is sending me that out now too. I can't vouch for the quality of the HID's yet of course, but dealing with him has been great.
Hell yeah Hes gem of a person man ... and for that Price he offers the product is Awesome !!!
Old 08-13-2007

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by joe6680
No offense but pics don't say much. I could easily expose a pic for a while and let the light burn in, and you'd be like omg thats so bright. My 1/4 mile was an assumption could be a lot further, never really did measure it. I'd post pics as well but my car is in AZ where I goto school, and I am home in NJ, also like I said pics don't really say much.
totally agree with you, however, i rock tsx retros with a 4300lm philips bulbs. they ARE the brightest hid bulbs offered for our usage.

/////edit [add]

pics dont matter. oem philips 4200k 85122+ bulb is rated for 3400 lumen, the brightest automotive bulb in existance. their ultinon, a 6000k oem/aftermarket bulb also made by philips, is rated at 2400 lumen per bulb.

HAHAHa u said exactly what i just said
Old 08-13-2007
Premium Member

hey i happen to like my ebay fogs thanks lol. they have halogens, ive seen pics with hid and the cutoff pretty much disappears and you get a big blob. but they are pretty nice for aftermarket. its more for show i guess tho, not really enough light to be useful, just extra foreground. i like using em with park lights before sundown

Old 08-13-2007

hey i happen to like my ebay fogs thanks log
when i said ebay fogs, i ment the "oem" style fogs lights...u know, the ones that most people have one the civics...including me...lol
Old 08-13-2007
Premium Member

oh yea lol, i got pulled over for driving with real oem fogs cause they had too much glare rofl. most oems do tho, the reflector types anyway esp truck fogs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: H.i.d