Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Day 1 of Turbo Install (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Day 1 of Turbo Install (PICS)

Today started the turbo build and got a lot done. Turbo, Manifold, Wastegate all dropped in and installed. Charge piping from tb to intercooler ran but needs trimmed. Charge piping from turbo to intercooler needs trimmed. I need to get some slimline fans bad! So those will be ordered tomorrow. Also thursday exhaust is being ran from downpipe so 1 day i will be straight downpipe, cops will love me. Here are some pics from day 1.

Old 08-07-2007
Registered!!

gsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Day 1 of Turbo Install (PICS)

way to be man... lookin good... how long has it taken ya so far... hrs?

im likin the matching color scheme
Old 08-07-2007
Registered!!

svtec is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah!
Old 08-07-2007
Premium Member

kirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to behold

classy
Old 08-08-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Good stuff Drew! Yeah that WG placement looks a lot easier on the old hood clearance! Did your DP mate up to the exhaust all right? Your install is already going a helluva lot smoother than mine!

Although please send me $3.83 (3% Paypal fee included) in royalties for using my copyrighted thread title..... It's OK, you didn't know any better.
Old 08-08-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

lol, i was about to say... now the race is between u and clint to see who boosts cleanly first! n e ways, its good to see one of my fav civic's soon to be turboed... goodluck with the install man
Old 08-08-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

nice andrew mader. cant wait til its all said and done.
Old 08-08-2007
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of

sweet drew!
Old 08-08-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold

nice!
Old 08-08-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

HAHAHA GOD DAMN we placed that wastegate perfectly....i saw it on mock up but now you see now nice it fits..
Old 08-08-2007
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

that car is sick, one of the prettiest 7thgens around
Old 08-08-2007

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute

i just gotta figure out where to route the dumptube for it, it's pretty damn tight in there. i still need to cut some of the charge piping that connects to the pipe from tb cause it's not lining up all that great to the intercooler, and also connet the charge piping from the turbo to the intercooler, again i need to trim it. Gonna run to advance auto and pick up a spark plug non fouler, also going to order slim line fans off this vendor from honda tech for $30 each.
Old 08-08-2007
Premium Member

kirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to behold

are you doing the install completely DIY?
Old 08-08-2007

Yes install is all by me and my buddy. Only thing that isn't DIY is tuning.
Old 08-08-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Nice Drew. Just be careful and try to pivot the upper rad hose for a bit more clearence.
Old 08-08-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

wow i thought something was missing, then realized your batter wasnt there lol.. But anyways Nice! got till friday.. ready set go!
Old 08-08-2007

Yea the wastegate is hitting just a tad, i'll try to rotate it around. Only thing that is in the way now is the front motor motor mount, i'll need to trim the small piece to fit up into the coupler to the turbo.

Also, there has been debate on where to tap the vacuum line at, some same the brake booster, others say no, Paul or someone that knows for sure, where exactly do i need to T it off at?
Old 08-08-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

On a turbo, a VAC manifold is your friend. Golden Eagle FTW!!!!!
Old 08-08-2007
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

can't wait to see it
Old 08-08-2007

Paul, u can see i already have the Golden Eagle Vacuum Mani mounted on the firewall. Where exactly do i need to T it off at?
Old 08-08-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

wow that looks nice....i wouldve powdercoated that VC a nice red before i installed.. that wouldve really set the color theme off in the engine bay. regardless it looks beautiful already.. good job, subscribed.
Old 08-08-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

T it off of the vacume line on the back side of the TB..
Old 08-08-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by drew22mader
Paul, u can see i already have the Golden Eagle Vacuum Mani mounted on the firewall. Where exactly do i need to T it off at?
I missed that Drew.

^^Chris says it.
Old 08-08-2007
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light

looks beautiful and your car is beautiful as well, gonna be a sweet combo. Good luck!
Old 08-08-2007
Premium Member

updates?
Old 08-08-2007

SHE LIVES! Just got her down off the jacks and started her up. Tomorrow she heads to the exhaust shop to get the o2 hole sealed off and welded for a new one since the motor mount is in the way. Everything was a bitch lol, our engine bays are soooo damn small! Thanks Paul and Chris for helping me out when i called for a question.
Old 08-09-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

**** that was quick. Must be nice to have local Honda nuts and live in the States. Good stuff Drew!
Old 08-09-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

nice drew.
Old 08-09-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

pics of the final product!
Old 08-09-2007
Registered!!

drew when u get home post a clip of ur new exhuast that ur getting done...but other then that it sounds good over the phone! damit i cant wait til im turbod again...im so jealous.

Quick Reply: Day 1 of Turbo Install (PICS)