Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rebuild Time - First Startup Vid on Page 167!!! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Who's POS is that?
Old 07-22-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Rebuild Time - First Startup Vid on Page 167!!! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

I can see the picture just fine....it's bitch wine...for you beotch!
Just remember clint....you may have beat me to engine build but I'm going standalone before you sucka! K-PRO Bought chump!! :P
Old 07-22-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Who's POS is that?
**** you clint... its mine ****er!!!
Old 07-22-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Future plan is to ditch this chassis and get a clean ES1 chassis and swap all my goodies into it. There is too much body work and paint to be done on this car to be cost effective. I can pick up a rolling chassis for much cheaper than fixing this one, plus it would be less work as well.
Your car is looking spiffy once again Speedfoos!

Glad to have you on the ES1 bandwagon. Coupes are ****ing worthless. Two doors should always be equal to two seats.
Old 07-22-2008

Originally Posted by FoSho
I can see the picture just fine....it's bitch wine...for you beotch!
Just remember clint....you may have beat me to engine build but I'm going standalone before you sucka! K-PRO Bought chump!! :P
Well at 0700 this morning when real men are up and doing stuff, it was down. It's not my fault you chose to link a picture from a weak sauce website Avery! Plus how long is it going to sit in your office before you get off your dead *** and install it?

You can't handle this stuff son. Best sit down.

Originally Posted by filipinop1405
**** you clint... its mine ****er!!!
Heehee! Changed my mind then. I'll just wait till you get demoted, can't afford to pay all the bills and then swoop in like a buzzard and buy your car for $3. Then I'll build it the right way!

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Your car is looking spiffy once again Speedfoos!

Glad to have you on the ES1 bandwagon. Coupes are ****ing worthless. Two doors should always be equal to two seats.
LOL! Thanks, it's going to be a little while before I get to it. I've got to put Jay in some compromising situations and then get the photographs to his command before I can buy his car.
Old 07-22-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

aww....can't post...

Last edited by FoSho; 07-22-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-22-2008
Registered!!

**** son...I open the shop @ 7 am and start fixing cars...I'm still here when you get off sucka! and yes it will probably sit in my office for a couple months....I'm broke, you know how expensive it is to tune that ****!!!....

who needs there car fixed!!!!! Greater KC/MO area...hit me up!! I need a paycheck!!!! I just got hit by a tornado...can I get some diaster relief????

Last edited by FoSho; 07-22-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-22-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

naw aint gonna happen clint!!

oh yea real men get up @ 0500-0530 bitches!!!

Last edited by filipinop1405; 07-22-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-22-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-22-2008
Registered!!

Damn I've never seen rustoleum look so good....how does it hold up though? I know they make alot of "wheel" paints that are resistant to rust, heat, & chipping.........You guys got aeromotive paint stripper over there? I get it at orielys....10 minutes on the metal and the paint is completely gone! Just spray with water and viola! I swear by that stuff!
Old 07-22-2008
Registered!!

Damn I've never seen rustoleum look so good....how does it hold up though? I know they make alot of "wheel" paints that are resistant to rust, heat, & chipping.........You guys got aeromotive paint stripper over there? I get it at oriellys....10 minutes on the metal and the paint is completely gone! Just spray with water and viola! I swear by that stuff! But I'm a mechanic...not a painter...so I'll probably be taking advice from you......My coating came off my wheels yesterday too

Last edited by FoSho; 07-22-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-22-2008

Doublepost FTW!!! That Rustoleum lays down really well when you thin it and shoot it through a paint gun. I usually use ZipStrip aircraft paint stripper when getting the heavy stuff off. Same concept, brush on and spray off with water. Stuff gave me a nasty chemical burn on my arm when I didn't rinse it off in time. Mr. Durden would have been proud! As far as how it holds up.....it's the same stuff I painted my car with last year and that's holding up fine!

Last edited by speedfoos; 07-22-2008 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Drunk edit FTW!!!
Old 07-22-2008
Registered!!

I don't know why it double posts like that...must be my work computer.

I think I might have misread you....did you say you painted your car in rustoleum? ahaha.....you're friggin redneck! You must be from the midwest!

I got this picture when I searched for rednecks...haha! I thought it was hilarious

Last edited by FoSho; 07-22-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-22-2008
Registered!!

it looks pretty good clint!
Old 07-23-2008

LOL - yes I did paint with Rustoleum Avery! And I was born in Upper Michigan, so eat me! The body is so far gone on this point (hence the plan to swap to an ES1 chassis with a clear title) that I just want some paint on her. As you can see from how well the rim paint laid down with no prep, the car actually looks decent. I used a regular automotive clear coat on it as well.

Thanks Jay!
Old 07-23-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

CLINT .. get urself a 1.7el !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emjay
CLINT .. get urself a 1.7el !!!!!!!!!!!
Foos would be the laughing stock of the entire US military if he rolled up in a Canadian car. Get your self a real civic.
Old 07-23-2008
Registered!!

^^^^ he sure would be....especially by me...until he flys by and my face ends up like this
Old 07-23-2008

You'd hear me coming a mile away the way my valves are chattering right now!

Just took her for her first test drive. Valve lash needs to be re-adjusted so I'll futz with that tomorrow. The intake noise of the turbo has changed too, I think that may be the larger, smoother piping of the intake though. Will poke about when things cool down a little.

But I was good to her, only 6 psi and didn't go above 4K on the old tacho!
Old 07-23-2008
Registered!!

glad that nothing catastrophic happened!
Old 07-23-2008

Me too Jay. I was more nervous than Avery walking into a rest stop men's room wearing a pink polo shirt.
Old 07-23-2008
Registered!!

^^^
Old 07-23-2008
Registered!!

Why are you having so many problems with clattering after adjusting valve lash?
Old 07-23-2008

It's not clattering as loud as I'm making it out to be on the forum, it just needs to be adjusted. I set it when the head was off the car and I was guessing on the TDC points by the cam lurch. It will be more accurate this time around.
Old 07-23-2008
Registered!!

^hahahah.......my mechanics thought that was hilarious....because I actually wore a pink polo one day.....they still give me **** to this day....so you actually hit it spot on!!!

My valves were noisy too after first start up even though I had em in spec....I usually run it for awhile......let it cool down...and recheck...I found 2 that had loosened up on me..
Old 07-23-2008

Yep, that's exactly what I was planning on doing anyway. It will give me something to do tomorrow morning.
Old 07-23-2008
Registered!!

Do it in the morning? WTF...man of lesiure over here....I gotta go to WORK. I swear that army ****...you go on vacation to another country for 1 month and get 1 month off! You got it made!

BTW....anybody got anything to say bout' pink polo's, me and the posse will mess you up!

See that kid on the far left...look at his facial expressions....he looks like something bad just happened..haha!

Last edited by FoSho; 07-23-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-23-2008
Registered!!

Old 07-23-2008
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point

wow you guys are off your rockers. seriously tho, after following this thread since like page 50. if i had a spare engine lying around, i'd have no worries trying to at least put a turbo in (while i'm certainly mechanically inclined, i've never done any engine work). mad props to all the info in this thread (except the bits about pink tees and the like)

Last edited by HLC; 07-23-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-24-2008

LOL, thanks!

And we've got much love for everyone..

Quick Reply: Gonzo.