Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008
skate or die

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
Re: Rebuild Time- Rotating Assembly Installed (Pg. 164) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread

everything looks great. I hope the hoist works well.
Old 07-18-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Rebuild Time- Rotating Assembly Installed (Pg. 164) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread

whats the noose for? who you plan on hanging? J/K!!!! man definitely good luck with that bro! but everything is looking great together so far!!! I really can't wait to start on my build... guess I'll live thrru you til I get started....
Old 07-18-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

****, I'll be in town before you start and will be able to give you a hand with it. Between Tony and me, we should have every problem that you may run into covered!
Old 07-18-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

^ damn puerto ricans....lmao
Old 07-18-2008

LOL, I thought Jay was a flip.
Old 07-18-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

Tony must not be talking about me. Cuz Clints right... I'm Filipino... as in from the Philippines. ROFL! Man Tony you never noticed my forum name. but yea you guys will definitely need to help me....i'm such a idiot when it comes to turbos but i'm learning!
Old 07-18-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-18-2008

Hey Jay, if you still have those skirts when I get to the states, I'll buy them from you.
Old 07-18-2008
Registered!!

SOLD TO YOU MY FRIEND!!!! I'll have them waiting for you bro!!!
Old 07-18-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

haha...clint you dumbass....it took you this long to figure out the allen key & tensioner trick....get me a juice box bitch!

That motor looks friggin sweet!!!! My kms intake is like a 2 compared to the JDMfabtech....that think sets it off man~! Good luck on the install!
Old 07-19-2008

Originally Posted by filipinop1405
SOLD TO YOU MY FRIEND!!!! I'll have them waiting for you bro!!!
Thanks Jay! PM a price not shipped and I'll Paypal the funds to you.

Originally Posted by FoSho
haha...clint you dumbass....it took you this long to figure out the allen key & tensioner trick....get me a juice box bitch!

That motor looks friggin sweet!!!! My kms intake is like a 2 compared to the JDMfabtech....that think sets it off man~! Good luck on the install!
Heheheh, yeah I would always fight the timing belt back on Avery, cursing Honda engineers the whole time. Gotta love it!

Someone on d-series.org pointed out something very crucial that I did during the assembly though. I lubed both sides of the main and rod bearings when I put them in. Not supposed to do this. Gotta pull the bottom end back apart this morning and fix that little mistake!
Old 07-19-2008

Buh bye.

Old 07-19-2008
Registered!!

hey bro sent you a pm about the skirts... glad to hear that peoples is helping you out even on other sites to make sure things run fine the first time....let us know how the engine drop in goes...
Old 07-19-2008

Buh bye.

Old 07-19-2008

jamesandrew58 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by speedfoos
can i connect an electric oil pressure gauge using that wire?
Old 07-19-2008

Re: Rebuild Time - Motor is Back in! (Pg. 165) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

No. That's where the stock oil pressure sensor is. If you T-in another signal wire to an aftermarket gauge, it will screw up your car because the ECU will see additional load on the circuit, think something is ****ed up and throw the car into limp mode or worse. You need to get a T-fitting that screws into where the stock sensor plugs in and run an additional oil pressure sending unit off it.
Old 07-19-2008
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Hey, looking good. That damn manifold is still a pain in the *** huh. I wasnt quite on the money I guess, sorry bout that. Can you give me a rough length on the runners from flange to flange, I may be able to finese the next ones incase the next person is not quite as mechanically inclined as yourself. Do you think it might have helped to swap out the studs in the head for bolts?
Old 07-19-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by speedfoos
No. That's where the stock oil pressure sensor is. If you T-in another signal wire to an aftermarket gauge, it will screw up your car because the ECU will see additional load on the circuit, think something is ****ed up and throw the car into limp mode or worse. You need to get a T-fitting that screws into where the stock sensor plugs in and run an additional oil pressure sending unit off it.
clint??? what are you talking about bro? is this for another thread? sounds like it.... unless i missed something...lol.
Old 07-19-2008

Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
Hey, looking good. That damn manifold is still a pain in the *** huh. I wasnt quite on the money I guess, sorry bout that. Can you give me a rough length on the runners from flange to flange, I may be able to finese the next ones incase the next person is not quite as mechanically inclined as yourself. Do you think it might have helped to swap out the studs in the head for bolts?
Thanks Gerry! No big deal on the fitment. I was a little put out when it didn't drop right in, but it only took about 45 minutes of fiddling around to get things straight. I'll get the measurements for you tomorrow since I'm deadass tired tonight. Even with the switching to bolts, you still have had to put the thing in piecemeal. Biggest thing is to take about 1/2" off those runners, she would have cleared the cables, AC and PS lines just fine. That and recommending folks change out the bottom heater hose to avoid it coming in contact with bottom of the IM. The only extra I will have to come up with is the heater hose. It's really tight at the back of it, but should be all right.

Originally Posted by filipinop1405
clint??? what are you talking about bro? is this for another thread? sounds like it.... unless i missed something...lol.
Yeah Jay, look at the last post on the previous page.
Old 07-19-2008
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Ok, thank you for the input.
Old 07-19-2008

No probs Gerry. I hope I didn't come across as being unhappy with the mani in any way. I love it and the things I had to tweak to make it fit were very minor and not anything I'm going to worry about.
Old 07-19-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

I thought I was a clean freak when tearing **** apart....jesus clint that engine is shinney as ****!! I spent at least 5 hours cleaning my engine bay and block when I had the head off and it still doesn't look as bling blingy as yours!

I hope my KMS intake manifold goes smoother than that....but I guess our stock intake manifold is not easy either
Old 07-19-2008
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

clint, come to the states so we can do this stuff together and you can buy me beer
Old 07-20-2008

Originally Posted by FoSho
I thought I was a clean freak when tearing **** apart....jesus clint that engine is shinney as ****!! I spent at least 5 hours cleaning my engine bay and block when I had the head off and it still doesn't look as bling blingy as yours!

I hope my KMS intake manifold goes smoother than that....but I guess our stock intake manifold is not easy either
Baby's engine bay gets a wash every time I wash my car so she stays nice and clean. Plus about once a year I attack the block and tranny with a wire brush and steel wool to keep things clean. I'm a little obsessive/compulsive when it comes to cleaning stuff....

Originally Posted by skipbarber
clint, come to the states so we can do this stuff together and you can buy me beer
That's right! I forgot you were old enough to stop drinking juice boxes!
Old 07-20-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-20-2008

My wife just walked in and I was ordered to make note that I had to clean all the crap off my desk before I could enjoy my lunch! Busted, again...
Old 07-20-2008
Registered!!

^^^lol! clint that post wasnt there before when i wrote that...lol. i even went back twice before i posted...lol oh well!!
Old 07-20-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-20-2008
Registered!!

Clint, this is houston.... did you not get off the ground...lol its been an hour, at least according to the site. yea i would say that its the site thats ****ing everyone up.
Old 07-20-2008

Fighting with computer for video.....

Quick Reply: Gonzo.