Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's this "reliability" you speak of? - (Pg. 130) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread

He shouldn't have a problem with it threaded like that. Thats how I did my oil pan and never had a leak. I used Earls -10 an fittings.
Old 02-06-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
Re: What's this "reliability" you speak of? - (Pg. 130) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread

isn't that basically like soldering it?
Old 02-06-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically yeah, brazing is like soldering it. You use an oxy acetylene torch and brass rod to braze the fitting to the pan. I've heard you can use a propane torch in a pinch, but I don't think that would get hot enough. However, my torch setup is back in the states so it's a no-go.

That leaky bung was an Earl's -10 and I still don't know why it leaks. Oh well. Just waiting on the new hose to get here to swap the pan out.
Old 02-06-2008
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

What could be the cause is that is the location of the fitting. could be getting stress and being pulled in one direction and cause a small gap that will cause a leak.
Old 02-06-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-06-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i'm still a boost n00b, but it almost sounds like a boost pressure leak....but it's only apparent during shutdown....did it do it before you redid your evap/catchcan setup?

and why is you boost controller underneath the car? or is it just the angle of the pic?
Old 02-06-2008

Naw Tony, that's just where it was sitting when I had most of the front ripped apart. It normally sits up by the coolant rezzy.

It didn't do it before the Evac setup, good idea. I need to have my wife shut the car off while I've got my head under the hood to try and pinpoint it. But definitely no boost leak that I can tell, spool is still wicked fast and consistent once the WG opens.
Old 02-06-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

kinda sounds like that pesky little gremlin lighting off bottle rockets under the hood of your car. that silly little bastard!
Old 02-06-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

holy crap I can't believe this thread is still going.....ha ha, it's all good.

That's a weird sound, maybe something to do with the BOV? Hm, Or maybe your tires are loosing pressure whenever you turn off your car?
Jk, hope you get it figured out.
Old 02-07-2008

Nope, comes from the driver's front corner of the car. Which means it's either coming from the DP or the FMIC. Will troubleshoot more this weekend when I rip it apart to put the new oil pan in.
Old 02-07-2008
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

Clint... just sell it and get an '87 Camaro IROC-Z.
Old 02-07-2008

Over my dead body will I ever own another GM piece of ****.

Unless it's a Firebird with the big graphic on the hood.
Old 02-07-2008
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Over my dead body will I ever own another GM piece of ****.

Unless it's a Firebird with the big graphic on the hood.

WS6 mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-07-2008
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by robbclark1
WS6 mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Burt Reynolds never drove one of those tho.
Old 02-07-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

I eat WS6's for breakfast. Clint, before long you should be too....
Old 02-07-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Dido....my car runs toe-2-toe with WS6 & SS's they only get me 4th gear on. I can eat a regular firebirds,mustangs, or camaro any day of the week. You'd probably be right their clint! I do that on 7 psi & you got some mods on me!

Last edited by FoSho; 02-07-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-07-2008
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

C'mon Clint... I see you with a handle-bar mustache and a flannel shirt.
Old 02-07-2008
7th Gen Photographer

Originally Posted by FoSho
Dido....my car runs toe-2-toe with WS6 & SS's they only get me 4th gear on. I can eat a regular firebirds,mustangs, or camaro any day of the week. You'd probably be right their clint! I do that on 7 psi & you got some mods on me!
Damnit... It's so tempting being fully built to just get the fuel stuff I need and crank it up to 12 psi and go corvette hunting.
Old 02-07-2008

Handle-bar mustache would be out of regs for me. Gotta wait another 10 years until I get out. I don't know how Selleck can drive with cowboy boots though. I guess it might make heel-toeing a little easier!

The only thing I'm eating in my car right now is oil. The leak is manageable until I go into boost and then it sprays oil onto the DP. Which is no fun at all. I'm actually getting decent gas mileage right now cuz I can't boost too much. Hose should be here tomorrow though.
Old 02-10-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-10-2008
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

haha Clint, i love ur meatstick, where ever did u get that???
Old 02-10-2008
Registered!!

not even gonna question that one....

at least it's not leaking. give it hell in the morning, just to be sure
Old 02-10-2008

LOL - that meatstick was actually the last of a batch of venison sausage sticks my Dad sent me from this past deer season. Delicioso!

She gets babied in the morning on the way to work (no boost at all), and if she doesn't leak, then I'll ride her hard on the way to the gym after work.
Old 02-10-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

Good shyt clint!!! glad the problems are fixed... hope they dont come back!
Old 02-12-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by speedfoos
LOL - that meatstick was actually the last of a batch of venison sausage sticks my Dad sent me from this past deer season. Delicioso!

She gets babied in the morning on the way to work (no boost at all), and if she doesn't leak, then I'll ride her hard on the way to the gym after work.

MMM... Venisonnn...

I had my first Vension meat stick not too long ago. It was a memorable experience. It was my first and didnt last very long, but it was well worth the wait.

Hey Clint, question. Why is your thread always one page ahead of itself, that you cant click on. Has anyone else brought this up yet, ive skipped a few pages..
Old 02-12-2008
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
Hey Clint, question. Why is your thread always one page ahead of itself, that you cant click on. Has anyone else brought this up yet, ive skipped a few pages..
I have the same problem, i thought my laptop was just screwed up again...
Old 02-12-2008

Jose, it appears to be a problem with the site, vice my thread in particular. I've noticed it on other threads as well. Common denominator seems to be a thread longer than 10 pages.

Update on the car. Oil fittings officially no longer leak! I tested it yesterday - babying it into work like I mentioned. There was a little smoke but didn't appear to be any leaks. So I took the highway route to the gym and drove the **** out of the car. Smoked like crazy once she got good and hot. Stopped at a roundabout and smoke was billowing up both sides of the car. Must have been quite a spectacle! Anyway, the wrap on the pre-cat pipe was soaked in oil which was cooking off. I cut the wrap off and discovered a leak in the 2.5" flex coupler that I turned into a 3" coupler by cutting the ends and the wire off. That flex steel kept melting through when I was welding it to the pipe and there's a couple pin holes. I'm ordering a new piece of 3" flex tonight to just replace it instead of continuing to **** with it.
Old 02-12-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

awesome news about the leak Clint, but when r u gonna quit smoking, u know its bad for ur health!!
Old 02-12-2008

It's my personal fight against Mother Nature. I hate the thought of that ozone layer hanging over my head, day after day, just waiting to come crushing down on the Earth. We need to do our best to get rid of it.
Old 02-12-2008
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

i think im more worried about that satilite coming crashing down on earth right now..lol

Quick Reply: Gonzo.