Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Install Day 14.80 (Pg 24) Thanks Gearbox!! - Speedfoos' Turbo Install

wow nice job this is a great reference for others. car looks clean too
Old 08-30-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again man!
Old 08-30-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
Talking Re: Install Day 14.75 (Pg 22) Basemap Uploaded - Speedfoos' Turbo Install

Originally Posted by speedfoos
To compensate for this odd turn of environmentally-friendly behavior, I will be increasing my carbon footprint by pouring all my used oil into my neighbor's garden. We don't like each other - they may not mind driving over their horse's **** in the driveway, but I do - so this kills two birds with one stone.

All I got to say is click the link:

http://morecarbon.com/

5 Quick Ways to Increase Your
'Carbon Footprint'
5. Drive, drive drive! Don't walk or ride a bike, that is a waste of your energy. Whether you are going only one block or one mile, your SUV will get you there in style! I drive down the drive way just to check the mail.
4. Fart like there is no tomorrow! Sure it's methane, but every little bit helps. This makes the wife happy also and kids love it.
3. Use more energy! Not only does it keep the people who work in power plants employed, it also makes your home well lit and comfortable.
2. Grill out! There is nothing like an old fashioned Bar-B-Que with charcoal to get those mouths watering.
Use real charcoal and lots of lighter fluid. Forget the propane. I use it to catch the neighbors grass on fire.
1. Burn a Tire! There is no mistaking the rich aroma and the thick black smoke of a tire on fire. Break out the marshmallows and make it a family event! When you are done just watch the fire truck try to put the damn thing out.

Last edited by Alpha 5; 08-30-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-30-2007

Exactly. Live for today. Your kids will figure out how to live in tomorrow!
Old 08-30-2007

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
man that engine bay looks sooo nice.. u must be very proud of ur work.. i would be.. just sit back n stare..do it...
I knew that color on the wire cover would grow on you, by the way!!
Old 08-30-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

Exactly. Live for today. Your kids will figure out how to live in tomorrow!
World knowledge doubles itself every ten years or so, when we're dead in 40-50 years, they'll be able to find a solution for all this global warming ****. In the mean time, 5$ goes out to whoever writes me a DIY to drop a Ford F350 supercharged engine in my '03 SI.
Old 08-30-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

hey clint, my downpipe is mocked up. my welder came in and made a nice downpipe with pie cuts. he's just gotta clean it up and weld it. I should be running monday or tuesday of next week. and FYI, if you need parts that you cant get right away, just paypal me the $$ and i'll get it for you locally and just ship it your way.
Old 08-30-2007
Registered!!

Buds302 will become famous soon enough

Going to the junkyard tomorrow to find stuff to play with....

dude look for them taillights for me...please?

oh and BTW so far so good man keep going. wheres your alt belt?
Old 08-30-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
Re: Install Day 14.75 (Pg 22) Basemap Uploaded - Speedfoos' Turbo Install

Cough..........Cough. I like my car. I want others to see it. I can type fast and maintain relationships with other forums.
haha, just messin man, no offense, i follow this thread like a religion, im dying for u to finish so i can stop checking it at work to see if ur done yet... oh yea, and since i just happened to know this... it kinda means i belong to those forums too, and a few others too....
Old 08-30-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

F*&^*KD&SKJ So I have the worst luck every offically. I have an 86 Nissan D21 Pickup in *Twinkie* Yellow (well it looks like a twinkie) thus this is why we call it the twinkie I use this beast with only 56,000 miles on it (yeah thats right!) as my daily driver when my car is down. I went to go pick it up at my buddies shop. I need to tear down my turbo kit to fix somethings again. Someone decided to smash the window out and remove my $80 dollar walmart cd player, and they weren't nice about getting it out. (and it just slide out, doh!) So end to a great day!

I got my oil pan back from the welder! Take a look...
Only problem I might have is the oil temp. See how the probe end doesn't hang out in the oil. It's surrounded by metal, only the tip touches. I'm worried about unaccurate temps. I tried 5 different 1/8 npt alum. ports and they all are like this. What do you guys think?? Advice?

Last edited by FoSho; 08-30-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-30-2007
Registered!!

cleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trusted

what is the dseven ebay grill mod do you have a link
Old 08-30-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i dunno man, maybe you could fill the pan up with hot water and hook it to a 12v source and a voltmeter, do some testing before you go through the hassle of bolting it up?
Old 08-31-2007

Just look at DSevenEM2s mini-mod thread on civic7.com. That's what I'm talking about.

FoSho, why didn't you just get a filter sandwich adapter and plug the sensor into that? Much cheaper and easier than welding a bung into your pan and you get a more accurate reading, can plug in a pressure sensor, your feed line, and still have an extra port. Honestly that sensor will probably read just fine though, if a little on the cool side. You'll be getting oil pan temps, vice block temps (like the adapter sandwich mount does) with that location.

Buds, mralbino, and others. I keep posting for those tails every 48 hours and have not found any others yet. The coupes are rare over here. I keep looking, don't worry.

Thanks Edwin, I will just do that from now on. Although I'm pissed that you'll be boosted (again) before I will be!

Off for a knee surgery consult and will stop to see my welder on the way back. I love military 4-day weekends!
Old 08-31-2007
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Foos... My car doesn't run all that good if you remember my thread about tuning issues... I'm only running 6psi and misfiring all over the place. So that combined with the UGLY engine bay and the weird rattle I can't seem to find, the random washing machine hose I have for my PCV, my shattered front lip holding on with a zip-tie, the front bumper paint damage, the now-light-grey Sparcos that used to be black, and the fact it smells like a gas station at idle... I think I'm losing the "cool" battle.

What once was a local head turner is now a steaming pile and all because I HAD to have a turbo.

Sorry to come in and complain on your thread here, but oh well... LOL
Old 08-31-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

^^^^Sounds like someone needs to go get a pizza, some beer, call his buds and do some wrenching. Don't get down dude just fix your car.
Old 08-31-2007

Dude. That sucks man. Well, um, **** (searches brain for inspiring "go get'em tiger" speech), nope no luck there.

Ahah, got it. Don't give up.

Two bottles of Simple Green, some Armor-all, a drill powered wire brush, and a little elbow grease will put the needle on your bling gauge back in the green. Trust me, I know all about paint damage.

Take up Paul's offer on the tuning and see if you can get it right. Wasn't it fun at 9 psi?

Obviously anything goes in this thread. It's pretty much the Speedfoos/FoSho/Skipbarber Turbo Show - Shocking Pictures Brought to You by Alpha5.

But I completely understand about the build creep and headaches these things can cause. Hell I haven't even started the damn car yet and I've already hit problem after problem. Besides if it continues smelling like 7-11, just put a Slurpee machine in the trunk. May as well get some benefit out of it.
Old 08-31-2007
Registered!!

Talking Re: Install Day 14.80 (Pg 24) Thanks Gearbox!! - Speedfoos' Turbo Install

Let me see if I can inject some pics for this quote.

"go get'em tiger"
When you are getting them, it makes it easier if you are wearing your spider man underpants.

Obviously anything goes in this thread. It's pretty much the Speedfoos/FoSho/Skipbarber Turbo Show - Shocking Pictures Brought to You by Alpha5.
But whatever do you mean?

if it continues smelling like 7-11, just put a Slurpee machine in the trunk. May as well get some benefit out of it.
No squeezing the juice!

Old 08-31-2007

Matt, I know you said you're undersexed, but you shouldn't wear boxers that advertise the cobwebs around your disused man parts. That last pic is a classic though!
Old 08-31-2007
Registered!!

Matt, I know you said you're undersexed, but you shouldn't wear boxers that advertise the cobwebs around your disused man parts. That last pic is a classic though!

Disused man parts, Why you gotta be bringing up old ****? LOL

I agree with the last pic as well.

I am going to go set in the corner and feel sorry for myself now.
Thanks,
Clint

I also found this quote, I thought it was pretty good.

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Old 08-31-2007

Hmmmm. I'm in the process of taking something away from car right now. VB bux to who gets it right..... don't spend them all in one place...
Old 08-31-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-31-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Foos, well I really don't like that idea of the oil filter sandwich plate. It scares me. I'd rather keep my oil filter as close to my block as possible. Plus the welding was $20....can't beat that. I just hope she doesn''t leak around the threads. I can only use 1 rap of tape since it uses a ground through the sensor.

P.S How hard was your battery relocate....I'm thinkin about i
Old 08-31-2007

Just put a little RTV gasket sealer around the very end of the threads before you tighten it down that last couple revolutions. Then you'll be sure it won't leak. It's what I did on my catch can nipple.

Battery relocate was really easy. I used 4 gauge power wire (from an amp install kit) and ran it from where the original positive cable came out of the wire loom, in through the firewall - there are like 3 places already suitable, you should know where they are from doing your gauges - then I ran it back underneath the carpet of the center console into the trunk compartment.

You only have to jerk out the center console, one of the front seats, the bottom of the back seat and some interior molding in order to pull the carpet back. I ran the ground to a piece of the frame, back in the trunk. Too easy.
Old 08-31-2007
Registered!!

What is with the new AVATAR?
Old 08-31-2007

LOL! It was under some old image cache I stumbled across on Google. Got a bunch of weird stuff. Here's the full-on image. It just goes to show that a bigger brain does not mean smarter person. It's called "Cat Scratch Fever".

And for posterity's sake, the sig I made and briefly rocked. It was my avvie too!

Last edited by speedfoos; 09-07-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-31-2007
Registered!!

That is disturbing!!!!
Old 08-31-2007

Woohoooo!!!! I finally creeped Matt out with one of my pics!!! I didn't think it was possible!! Rep for me!!! Crap. I can't rep myself. Oh well.
Old 08-31-2007
Registered!!

I did not know that it was a competition.

But I would rep if I could....Like either one of us needs it. LOL
Old 08-31-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

I wish my wife would pick me up jigsaw blades.
Old 08-31-2007

Don't get your hopes up, mine didn't get them. Gotta go to the store myself tomorrow now. Refer to post #337 on page 23....

Quick Reply: Gonzo.