Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Question about exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SweetHondaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Question about exhaust?

Hey guys, I know we have talked about this topic before. I'm looking to get an exhaust system here really soon but after searching the site for a while I couldn't find anything that swayed me one way or the other and I couldn't find a post that really compared these two exhaust systems:

Magnaflow Model 15712

and

Greddy Evo2

I want an exhaust system that isn't really loud, but you can tell it's not stock when you press the gas. I want it to have a nice deep tone that's not ricey at all. You guys usually have good opinions on stuff and I look forward to reading what you guys have to say.
Old 07-02-2007
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Question about exhaust?

I have had both catback exhaust systems and I can tell you the greddy evo is a lot deeper than the magnaflow. With the greddy you hear the deep exhaust the second you push the gas while the magnaflow has a very slight deep sound that is noticeable and gets deeper as you rev higher. IMO i miss the sound of my magnaflow because my N1 exhaust is just too loud for me. you should also check youtube for sound clips. i hope i have helped you
Old 07-02-2007
Registered!!

Yeah, thanks man, I'm leaning towards the magnaflow after hearing clips on youtube over the past few days and also after listening to their clips on their website. I want something comfortably loud if that makes any sense, something that doesn't get annoying after listening to it while driving for short to long distances.
Old 07-03-2007
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, i would say your best bet would be magnaflow... man if you were in socal i can get you close to 40% off. my cousin works for magnaflow
Old 07-03-2007
Registered!!

Yeah man, that would be pretty sweet lol. Cardomain has it for 410.00 I figure after pricing around, it's pretty much what everyone else is offering and cardomain is usually really good about shipping and stuff, I have bought from them before.
Old 07-03-2007
Registered!!

yeah cardomain is very reliable. Another exhaust i recommend also is apexi worldsport 2. It is a little quieter than the magnaflow
Old 07-03-2007
Registered!!

Is a cat-back system hard to install? I want to install it myself if it's going to cost a lot for someone else to do it for me. I have read some stuff online and they say it's not too hard to do, the hardest part is removing the stock exhaust system because the bolts can be rusted or stuff like that.
Old 07-03-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute
catback install is not hard at all. i would recommend putting a penetrating lube (hehe) on the bolts before you try loosening them. when i did mine, i put it up on jack stands and put the lube on it and let it sit overnight and the entire install took maybe 30 mins.
Old 07-03-2007
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough

either of those exhaust will sound nice. between those two if you like the magnaflow go for it. I've had a great experience with my megan racing n/a spec exhaust. the tone is extremely deep and sounds good through the whole rpm range. If i had any idea how to do a sound clip I would. You can always Pm me with a number and we could do it over the phone. The price is expecially good with shipping around 280-300$ Install shouldnt be bad. like another member said use some lube to make it easier.
Old 07-03-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SweetHondaCivic
Is a cat-back system hard to install? I want to install it myself if it's going to cost a lot for someone else to do it for me. I have read some stuff online and they say it's not too hard to do, the hardest part is removing the stock exhaust system because the bolts can be rusted or stuff like that.
installing it is pretty much self explanatory. Like someone said i would reccommend putting some lubricant on the bolts and when you are uninstalling the stock exhaust, make sure you car is cold. When its hot, metal expands making it hard to remove.
Old 07-04-2007
Registered!!

Thanks for all your help guys, I will have to post pics once I get the exhaust installed. I think I will end up going with the magnaflow exhaust because I don't want something super loud, but definitely louder than stock, with a nice deep tone that is definitely noticeable.
Old 07-05-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

for a quiet exhaust you cant go wrong with either the evo2 or the magnaflow. i have the evo2 and i love it, it has a great low tone and doesnt sound "ricey" at all. i also love the fitment; it sits flush with the rear bumper, perfectly filling the little dip for the exhaust tip. good luck with whichever you choose - again either would be good (i just had to rep the evo2 a little since i have one and love it).
Old 07-05-2007
Registered!!

That's cool man, thanks. How much louder is it than stock, I know that's a hard question to answer really, I have heard clips on youtube, but I wanted opinions of fellow em2 owners
Old 07-05-2007
Registered!!

Canadian Si will become famous soon enoughCanadian Si will become famous soon enough

I've had the Evo II now for a couple weeks now & love it. Nice n deep like everyone said it was !

Old 07-05-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

So its all about sound and not performance now? ...although granted most of them probably give about the same hp increase- have you taken a look for what people say about the power gains/losses on the exhaust systems you've consitered? Also, you could go custom- but from what you've said so far, it really doesnt seem like thats for you.

Also, why limit yourself to thoes two exhausts? There are a bunch of exhaust systems out there- so many options.
Old 07-05-2007
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

HKS or greddy, dont get magnaflow
Old 07-05-2007
Registered!!

kcsays is an unknown quantity at this point

from my own experience..... here are my .02

i had magnaflow before, and i liked it sounds nice longer i drive more i liked it haha looks some what stock, but when u gas it they know its not, alot of people asked me what kind it is, and they loved the sound, idling, drive by, and just reving.

and greddy evo2... i never had this but i like this exhaust, sounds nice, but when u gas it its bit too high for me. when i heard other civic's with it.

i have new exhaust now, car dont sound like its n/a 4 banger lol everyone wants to get my exhaust now... =P no big can or the tip, when i start up the car (inside) its really deep, i dont know how it sounds from the outside, but friends tell me its better than any exhaust they have heard on civics.
Old 07-05-2007
Registered!!

I'm still not sure what to do lol. I appreciate everyones help and suggestions. I listened to a few clips on youtube and the greddy exhaust for our cars doesn't sound bad either.
Old 07-05-2007
Registered!!

hope u know sound of exhaust changes if you have other mods you have on ur engine... like intake and header.

and youtube wont give you the true sound of exhaust.
Old 07-05-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

well i had the maganflow, and i moved on, dont goto them, awesome, but i love others... the Type 1 Racing..mine now. and the greddy or apexi or HKS
Old 07-05-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kcsays
from my own experience..... here are my .02

i had magnaflow before, and i liked it sounds nice longer i drive more i liked it haha looks some what stock, but when u gas it they know its not, alot of people asked me what kind it is, and they loved the sound, idling, drive by, and just reving.

and greddy evo2... i never had this but i like this exhaust, sounds nice, but when u gas it its bit too high for me. when i heard other civic's with it.

i have new exhaust now, car dont sound like its n/a 4 banger lol everyone wants to get my exhaust now... =P no big can or the tip, when i start up the car (inside) its really deep, i dont know how it sounds from the outside, but friends tell me its better than any exhaust they have heard on civics.
what exhaust do u have now??
Old 07-06-2007
Registered!!

^^ Top Fuel
Old 07-06-2007
Registered!!

For people who have had the magnaflow, or heard the magnaflow in person how much different is the magnaflow exhaust compared to the stock exhaust?
Old 07-06-2007
Registered!!

it sounds exactly like the soundclip on their website
Old 07-06-2007
Registered!!

I guess a better question would be is it much louder than stock?
Old 07-06-2007
Registered!!

like i said before it is a pretty noticeable sound but it is not annoyingly loud. It gives a nice humm at low rpm's and gets deeper as you rev hire. If your looking for a really deep sound than go with the greddy evo.
Old 07-06-2007
Registered!!

not really, if u want REALLY deep sound... go with mine... =P
Old 07-06-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mrtrinh
like i said before it is a pretty noticeable sound but it is not annoyingly loud. It gives a nice humm at low rpm's and gets deeper as you rev hire. If your looking for a really deep sound than go with the greddy evo.
see most greddy evo's that i hear get wayyy raspy in the higher RPMS's this is people with a stock headers, race headers, test pipes, resonators, every combination...
Old 07-06-2007
Registered!!

Thanks for the feedback guys I think I'm leaning towards the Magnaflow exhaust. Cause I want something that's not crazy loud, but definitely noticeable compared to that of stock and performance wise, I think magnaflow will do fine. I'm not expecting huge gains. The only other performance mod I have is a AEM SRI. I know I've asked a lot of questions lol, It's a lot of money lol and I want to make sure it's well spent.

here's my cardomain page if you guys wanna take a look.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2584887
Old 07-06-2007
Registered!!

you have an lx? well that means you cant bolt up a greddy evo exhaust anyways because they were only made for ex. unless you do an ex conversion or get the tanabe extension pipe. magnaflow bolts up to lx and ex

Quick Reply: Question about exhaust?