Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

check out my ride and tell me what you think

Old 06-22-2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nolimitrican is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: check out my ride and tell me what you think

its your ride man do what u want with, everyone learns by their mistakes, when i first posted my ride here i had chrome rims 18'in, i got a lot of bad comments about my car, at 1st i didnt care wat anyone said but after awhile i saw why people dissed my ride. And i came to realized that those chrome rims did look stupid on a civic. all im trying to say is all the negative comments take them as a positive thing to improve your ride..
Old 06-22-2007
Look at me im a supporting member

civicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nice

yeah i am getting it now just sucks though i dont have all kinds of money to spend on stuff
Old 06-22-2007

civicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nice

would this kit be worth it you think http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DASH-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-23-2007

Originally Posted by civicfan1203
would this kit be worth it you think http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DASH-...QQcmdZViewItem
well?
Old 06-23-2007
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

the stick on ones don't always work great... i'd stick with buying the oem one if your going to get one... a couple of my friends bought ones like this off of ebay and they just peeled off after a while
Old 06-23-2007
Registered!!

xcrxss is on a distinguished road

I agree with what someone previously stated, don't ask for opinions when you're going to cry the entire time. The green and blue? It looks like ***** Wonka did the ****. And the Engine bay looks like a Matchbox car . Overall rating:
Old 06-23-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

well im glad cinaibur and murdock ended up posting what they did in the end. sure i dont liek the look hes got but hey...he did do the work himself. it could be worse. he couldve payed someone at autozone to come by and do it and then have APC sponser him...

and for the guy above ^ he didnt really cry...at all. the other guys jus made him feel like doodoo for a little and he just tried to tell everyone its his car and to f*ck off. one day ur car will get a flat dont worry..
Old 06-23-2007
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

Originally Posted by D17sRuNtunable
f*ck off. one day ur car will get a flat dont worry..
lol... this would be a hilarious sig if taken out of context
Old 06-23-2007

i wanna re do colors wht do you recomend
Old 06-23-2007
Registered!!

junior h.m is an unknown quantity at this point

Ill Say All That Needs To Be Said

Ricer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Old 06-23-2007

Neways^^!!!! i just want to know what colors would look good on my car obviously i dont know what looks good so i am takeing recomendations on what other people say i can do the work myself but i need to know what colors i should redo my stuff in i am planing on getting my whole car painted black when i get my taxes back like a matalic black but i need to know what would look good on the interior but my future plans are getting a nice lip kit and a stock lip kit or one that looks good and getting some nice rims what kind i dunno but i want 16s and drop her and get a nice exuast kit one with a deep tone and upgradeing to a better system and tinting tails and getting some diff head lights other than that i dunno but i am doing the cheap stuff for now cause i cant come up with all of that at once
Old 06-23-2007
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

idk, a lot of colors would look good if done in the right hue/tone. Just dont do bright.
Old 06-23-2007

my flash on my cam makes it look bright its not that bright
Old 06-24-2007
Registered!!

Blkcivic is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to step back and leave the car alone. Go play with some lego or powerrangers.
Old 06-24-2007
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

You just need to slow down. Don't do things just because you can.
Old 06-24-2007
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough

car isn't my taste at all but everyone has alreayd said that. but seeing that you are open to everyone's suggestions spend some time searchign around the site. a lot of members have really nice interiors you could check out. as far as colors go like everyone said not to bright. good luck on the new transformation you are about to begin.
Old 06-24-2007
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by buckshizzo
You just need to slow down. Don't do things just because you can.

Quoted for Truth
Old 06-24-2007
I need a drop

thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough

did you just paint the most easily removable parts in your interior?
Old 06-24-2007
Registered!!

cato1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

*puts a bullet in this thread*
Old 06-27-2007
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold

I'm not trying to be an ***, but man, that color does not work at all, especially when you just paint the things that come off easily. The covers are really all that you painted, and honestly, it looks like crap because it looks like a checkerboard, of sorts. I don't even know that it's the color so much as the placement. Trust me, I made the mistakes before. Luckily though, I used vinyl to test the colors with (the adhesive vinyl). I never put it in the car. I vinyled a few pieces to see the color before painting.

With that said, you could make the color work, but you'd need to do everything. In order to make it work, you'd want to remove the dash (don't worry,there is a DIY on the site that goes step by step. I'm not inclined to search it up because I'm a little lazy, but I promise one is here). From there, you'd want to sand everything (and I mean everything) down smooth (the dash is a foamy material, so you're going to need to do some work tosmooth it and make it paintable, unless you wanted to pay to have it dyed, which can get expensive). Personally, if I wanted to do this, I'd sand it down enough to rough it up. Frm there, I'd lay up a few layers of fiberglass mat (weave, not stranded mat). (I have experience fiberglassing, it's not a first timer's experiment to go directly onto the dash piece, you'd need to practice). From there, I'd sand it down as smooth as I could get it. Then I'd cover it in rage gold body filler (you can use bondo brand, I like the rage as it's better quality). Sand again. Rage again, sand again. From there I'd spray a light mist coat of a dark color over the rage. Then I'd lightly sand the entire piece. The places where the mist coat remains are low spots, and need additional filling. So I'd rage some more until I got a uniform surface. From there I'd spray two coats of filler primer (to prep for paint, and to fill pores), sanding between coats. Then once I had the second coat done I'd begin painting light coats (personally, I wouldn't use spray paint, I'd use my HVLP spray gun and compressor with auto grade paint purchased at the automotive body supply store). I'd paint and paint and paint until I had a very nice surface coat. Then I'd wet sand it with 1000 grit-1500 grit paper. From there I dry it completely and then wipe with a tack cloth and begin spraying light coats of clear coat until I had complete coverage (remember, wait about 15 minutes between all painting coats to allow it to tack before starting with the next coat). Once I had my clear done, I'd let it dry completely (overnight is a good rule of thumb to one full day if necessary). Once it dries, I then wet sand with 2000 grit paper then 2500 grit paper. When that sanding it done, you want to removeall residue and debris,but do not use a tack cloth. After the piece is dried polish it with plishing compound and then wax the piece, removine all wax. You're done with a nice shiny piece.

That's if you want to make the green work. You can do it without sanding by buying an additive for the paint that makes it adhere to plastics and retain the cracklefinish on the dash.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of the color, but you could make it work. It'd be more show than anything, but I think you're not going to have one that you're real worried about the go part of the equation, just all show. So yes, the green could work, if you keep the theme right.

Personally, I'd ditch it, but that's just me. If I wanted something that's different, I'd do something like an old member did a while back, and lay up the entire interior in carbon fiber. That old member is Kazell, and you may be able to find some threads with pics (if they didn't get deleted when the old forum was bought out and moved to this server/site). If I didn't do that, or wasn't able to do that, I'd probably just go to www.majestichonda.com and buy replacements for the parts I'd already painted. As for under the hood, those colors don'twork together (for me). I'd probably remove it (as it appears to just be wire loom over the things it'll fit over). The sprak plug cover you painted can stay green if you're going with that theme. If not, I'd probably repaint it black, or maybe red.

As a matter offact, I'll even provide links to Kazell's dash, as I found a few that still had active pics in them:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/6...bo-hinges.html
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/6...cs-inside.html

That's the hotness right there.

Here are a few pics from the threads:

Yes, he layed up the dash in full CF. He also did the rear deck and some other stuff, but I can't find any threads with active pics.

Last edited by PopcornPlaya; 06-27-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-27-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold

why just post a link to cardomain? im to lazy to thumb through that ****..
Old 06-27-2007
Registered!!

^^^ that's funny ****
Old 06-27-2007

i dont think i want to do all of that
Old 06-27-2007
p0ssibly the youngest member in here.

es*oneeCivic2k5 will become famous soon enough

splended. the green paint doesnt looks THAT badd
at least its not like purple or orange. I'd personally choose
silver or white. but its ur choice and i dont have any doubts
about yours. everyone has something in their car tht other people
mightt not favour as much. just like my car, people flame
about my huge RSX wing on my trunk lol. no big deal.
but anyways, great job