Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

buying new headlights opinios needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute
Question buying new headlights opinios needed

Well I need to buy new headlights.

Why you ask?

Because my stock headlights are all messed up yellowing scratched ugly

I have already blacked them out but they are still ugly.

I am thinking of buying the Password JDM ones because I like the clear look.
Please don't tell me to buy projectors I had those and they suck light output and pattern beam suck.

Also I DONT want to buy new OEM and black them out I cant think of going threw that **** again to end up with foggy headlights again.

So what are my options?
Old 06-06-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Re: buying new headlights opinios needed

sounds to me you dont need any advice cause u already have your mind made up...
Old 06-06-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

www.certifit.com
www.ebay.com
www.passwordjdm.com
Old 06-06-2007

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LT2004ever
sounds to me you dont need any advice cause u already have your mind made up...

Haha your right my mind is made up, I guess my real question would be are the headlights from password JDM the original Honda parts or are they the same stuff sold on e-bay I would rather buy Honda factory parts than e-bay knock-offs.
Old 06-06-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

well certifit make a headlight to oem specs on a depo or tyc cover. a 1/3 price, but durable, i dunno?! i need new oem
Old 06-06-2007

Originally Posted by burke420
well certifit make a headlight to oem specs on a depo or tyc cover. a 1/3 price, but durable, i dunno?! i need new oem
Thanks I know that they sell OEM spec headlights at much less than the factory parts but I don't trust that crap.

I want it to say HONDA on the lens cover I bet that **** at password JDM is not real Honda product I might just end up buying new ones at the steelership.

Anyone know what they cost? I'm guessing $225.00 each
Old 06-06-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

everything i've ordered from password jdm has been 100% honda parts.
Old 06-06-2007

Originally Posted by TRIZ
everything i've ordered from password jdm has been 100% honda parts.
Hmm thanks Triz maybee I will give them a call.
Old 06-06-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, Password stuff is all HOP's ... the problem w/ their headlights are the beam is different, their's tend to shine up and to the left.. since they drive on the left side of the road.. OEM shines it the other way. Long story short, you will blind the oncoming traffic with Password's HL's, since they're designed for driving in Japan
Old 06-06-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kevbotron
Yes, Password stuff is all HOP's ... the problem w/ their headlights are the beam is different, their's tend to shine up and to the left.. since they drive on the left side of the road.. OEM shines it the other way. Long story short, you will blind the oncoming traffic with Password's HL's, since they're designed for driving in Japan
Good point! i wish i could rep ya, cause i didnt even think about the shine...
Old 06-06-2007

Originally Posted by Kevbotron
O well sucks to be oncoming traffic.
Thanks I'm buying the password JDM ones.
+1 for the info
Old 06-06-2007
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice

passwordjdm does sell HOP parts...i know leo there...he is my sales agent...anyways i dont like ordering from password because they are a bunch of rip offs nowadays
Old 06-06-2007

Originally Posted by ragingSPAM
passwordjdm does sell HOP parts...i know leo there...he is my sales agent...anyways i dont like ordering from password because they are a bunch of rip offs nowadays
So are gas prices but what other choice do I have.
Is there another place I can buy genuine Honda JDM headlights for cheeper?
Old 06-06-2007

Just did a search using the search button and look what I found.
Damn! thank you to member Gearbox for finding this sight not genuine Honda but at this price it's worth a try I'm ordering from these guys.

Bank: 300.00
Total Points: 59,967.02
Donate

Add to gearbox's Reputation Report Post
headlight bonanza! - 04-06-2007
i have been looking ALL OVER for these stupid headlights. enjoy! its the only site anywhere that still carries them. there is even 04-05 black housing and the old 01-03 gunmetal and black.

http://www.freestylemotorsports.com/...e499c7fc0c760c
Old 06-06-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yup i was just gonna post that lol. pre-blacked out all you do is install them. i would not buy the passwordjdm ones, they are real i can tell from the pics, but you are gonna have every car hi beaming you cause the beam will slope up the wrong way. and theres no way to change it. youre right about projectors, i just bought new tyc and they are horrible. good thing im swapping with a real oem projector.
Old 06-06-2007
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road

i see all the 01-03 headlights but no 04-05?
Old 06-06-2007

Originally Posted by gearbox
yup i was just gonna post that lol. pre-blacked out all you do is install them. i would not buy the passwordjdm ones, they are real i can tell from the pics, but you are gonna have every car hi beaming you cause the beam will slope up the wrong way. and theres no way to change it. youre right about projectors, i just bought new tyc and they are horrible. good thing im swapping with a real oem projector.
Yea man you need to use a good projector because those after-market ones truly suck

I think I want to go with the clear ones but the gunmetal one sound tempting I just hope they don't fog up and that they fit nice too.
Old 06-06-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice

if your getting new headlights how much for your old ones ?
Old 06-07-2007

Originally Posted by DaMadScientist
if your getting new headlights how much for your old ones ?
Trust me you don't want them they are nasty dull scratched and leaky.
Old 06-07-2007
Registered!!

Maiko25 is an unknown quantity at this point

you can still buff u're headlights, that's wat i did
Old 06-07-2007
Registered!!

05CivicSprayin is an unknown quantity at this point

All the yellow hazing and most scratches will come out with mother's plastic polish, you can do it by hand but it'll be like brand new with a good buffer.
Old 06-07-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

Just get DEPO HL's like these-> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...28920528QQrdZ1

It's not a HOP, I know they put DEPO tails in TDM Civics not sure about DEPO HL's tho.
Old 06-07-2007
Registered!!

myinca will become famous soon enoughmyinca will become famous soon enough

if u are happy with your headlights, and dont want to buff them out yourself, bring them to a dealership or autobody shop and they will buff it out and resurface them for you. will be a hella of alot cheaper then new lights. the lense will look brand new too. just something to consider before spending more money
Old 06-07-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

^^ really? do u think any body shop will do it? how much will that all cost? and another thing...the headlights from freestyle motorsports look nice and all but i really wish the amber peice was in there. im in murdocks same position. i blacked mine out but the lens are getting yellowish. at least the drivers side is. the passenger a little. its been liek that since i bought the car but i wanted to black out mine so bad. i tried getting sum new oem ones off the forum but some guy jus took my money and i got screwed. i prefer oem ones to black them out. this time i can do it my way PERFFECTT
Old 06-07-2007
Registered!!

Killer_2006 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CIVIC X3
i see all the 01-03 headlights but no 04-05?
They used to sell them, looked nice too, but they sold out.
Old 06-07-2007
Registered!!

ClutchEm2 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is all you need. Gets rid of yellowing and haze.

Old 06-07-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if you go that route to clean the lens off, youre gonna have to use a quality plastic sealer every month or two otherwise they will just become yellow again. the uv protection layer is already stripped away from previous miscare.
Old 06-07-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

got an example of that gearbox? what do u do jus rub on w.e it is onto the lense every once in a while. blacking out my headlights came out perfect besides the yellowish haze on top. if i can jus touch them up..thatd be ok i guess until i can find sum new oem headlights. also how do i use that mothers stuff. i keep hearing about a buffer..
Old 06-07-2007
Premium Member

i use wolfgang clear plastic sealer. apply like wax, let it haze, then buff it off. every month or two. makes them shiny and smooth so water beads off, and also has UV protection.
Old 06-07-2007
This is Myspace

what do u mean buff it off.. i must be getting annoying now

Quick Reply: buying new headlights opinios needed