Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

What causes Exhaust Rice-ness

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
red_civic_boi is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What causes Exhaust Rice-ness

how is the rice sound like? i dont even know lol..anyone in here have the links so i can listen to it? lol
Old 06-06-2007
Registered!!

clue14 is an unknown quantity at this point

wait he said he hasnt welded on yet!!?
so is it just there?
on your stock pipe?
Old 06-06-2007
CIVIC USER

jbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trusted

I have a greddy evo II, dc sports ss 4-1 header and aem v2. I love the sound of the exhaust on my car at low rpms. However, Ive noticed lately that when I drive at higher rpms for long periods of time, I hate the way it sounds. Not only is the exhaust about 2 years old on my car, but when you drive at high rpms for long distances, the sound will change due to the temp of the air. IMO, drive at night when the air is cool, cars are way sicker at night and more HP.
Old 06-06-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jbrown59
IMO, drive at night when the air is cool, cars are way sicker at night and more HP.
stickers will giv you more Ponies than driving at night...lol
Old 06-06-2007
Registered!!

clue14 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i heard each sticker gives you 5 hp!!
lol
back on track!
how do you have the muffler on without weldin?
Old 06-07-2007
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

the greddy on my em2 sounds pretty bad lately, so when my swap is going in, i'm switching over to the 05/06 rsx-s muffler with the greddy mid pipe. here is how it sounds now:

Old 06-07-2007
CIVIC USER

jbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trusted

Now that you evo II owners have your videos posted Im getting a little worried. Ill post my exhaust sound up later. Hopefully, it doesnt sound too bad, you are right, d5civic, the evo II you have right now does not sound as good as when I first had mine, I hope nothing has changed. Also, when I first installed mine, when I put my hand in front of the exhaust hole, I could feel a ton of air coming out of the exhaust. Now, the air is weak, and when I rev, it sounds like their is more sound coming from behind the rear right wheel. I am just stipulating, I will check it out this weekend though.
Old 06-07-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Syke Fu
Maybe so. Were did you get your longer hangers from??
dude I'm stoked the longer rubber hangers fixed the problem.. I got them at VIP.. they were dicks tho lol, they were like "hey you got a fart can on that thing?" ...dumbasses.
Old 06-07-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

lol d5civic did u soak ur camera enough. thats gross. ur exhaust is sick.....literally.
Old 06-07-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

I'll jump in with my opinion because I feel I've had some good experience with exhausts: The sound of the exhaust has mostly to do with the muffler/resonator/catalytic converter, whatever interrupts the air flow. Currently I have the HKS hi-power muffler with 2.25" all the way from the stock headers and no resonator. I love the way it sounds, it's a full body sound, without any rasp. I feel that the quality of the sound has A LOT to do with the quality of the parts used, and the manufacturer. I've had good experience with HKS, I've also have a less exciting experience with a company called powertech, which is a low end 100 dollar muffler. I've also heard the differences between Greddy and Apexi' which both I love, however they all have their own signature sound.

If you just want to steer clear of a raspy rice-esk sound, then just invest in a good quality muffler.
Old 06-07-2007
Registered!!

xxxcivic2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

So, can can i keep the midpipe and get a decent axleback?
Old 06-07-2007
Registered!!

Syke Fu will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xxxcivic2001
Yeah, the HKS is an axle back.
Old 06-07-2007
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

no i never made a sound clip or whatever but i guess i can try probably on saturday i'll try to make one
Old 06-08-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxxcivic2001
That's how I started out, with the stock exhaust and then the HKS axle back, and honestly, it didn't come close to what I wanted, it was cool and everything, but it didn't have that loud of a sound at all....maybe that's what you want. But i wanted a full bodied sound. And for me, I had them pull out the stock pipe from the headers back to the axle back and replaced it with a 2.25 in pipe. And its perfect loud enough for me without being annoying or raspy....

When it's all warmed up, you can out rev a lot of other aftermarket exhausts.
Old 06-08-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by D5cIvIc
the greddy on my em2 sounds pretty bad lately, so when my swap is going in, i'm switching over to the 05/06 rsx-s muffler with the greddy mid pipe. here is how it sounds now:

That's cool, but too high pitched for me. I should make a video of mine...

When it idles, it sounds like boiling water....strange, but cool then when you rev it up, it freakin roars.
Old 06-08-2007
Registered!!

Boggie6868 should not be trusted

Please post a vid, I'd like to hear it.
Old 06-08-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

do u think it matters if its custom piping from a muffler shop....as far as lets say from the cat back to the resonator and back to the muffler.. do u think that will change sound ina bad way or good way..
Old 06-12-2007
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

My take on all this is: I have an APEX'i WS2. It's quiet... no rice or even any sound at all... however when my wastegate opens fully around 4500RPM my car suddenly turns into a deafening roar. But still... The WS2 is really quiet and nice. No highway drone, no can of bees, no people looking at me funny.