Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

May be getting a new car today.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007
Electric Boogaloo...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
May be getting a new car today.

So I've been going back and forth about what car to get. I've decided I want a new one, or at least new to me. I've found a few pre-owned, low mileage Si's that I've looked at. And I've also found one of these http://www.scion.com/release_series/ on the lot at a local car dealer. I'm still wavering about what to do. I went last night and looked at the TC, and I must say I was very pleased with it. The seats are also really nice with the sueded material. I may go back today and see what type ofdeal I can get. I know the insurance on it is going to be around $138, at least with the quote I received through Geico. I'll have to see what the payments will be. I did transfer to a new job with my current company though, and got a $3 an hour raise. So time will tell what I get.
Old 06-02-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
Re: May be getting a new car today.

Im kinda eh on the Tc's, its an older style car now and doesnt have a lot of options that will be standard on cars in a few years. Im going to wait for a late 08- early 09 car, maybe a new accord, that will have a lot of new features in them, like standard xm radio, gps, etc. Plus, the civic gets such great gas mpg too.
Old 06-02-2007
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

^ I agree, not a big fan of scions. What's the purpose of the car? Is this a daily driver or do you plan on modifying?
Old 06-02-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

if you plan to mod, get the reg Tc and mod it yourself. you get raped at the dealer for "performance options". my wife has a charcoal metallic xB and loves it
Old 06-02-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

you could get that tC that's already stripped and ready to be modded.

but honda's just rule so much more. get a new si sedan! so hot.
Old 06-02-2007
Registered!!

cato1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

on scions.... Not a fan.... I say if you're not sure what to get, then save you're money until you're 100% sure of the car. It'd really suck to think a car is "pretty cool" when you buy it just to be regretting it a couple months down the road. Hold onto your pay raise a few months and really figure out what you want. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-02-2007
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

I agree with everyone else. Wait until your sure what you want exactly.
Old 06-02-2007
Registered!!

firmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nice

I personally would get a used ep3 before I got a TC. They're about equal as far as speed is concerned, and both are waaaaay faster than an em2. I love the ep3's though.. and only like tc's so I'm a little biased. Tc's with a lip kit, mesh grill just look good to me, I don't care who you are.

But I do agree with other people here, you shouldn't get a car until you're 100% positive that's the car that you really want.. otherwise you'll end up regretting it. Do your research and find out everything about each car that you're looking at. If new car is in the list, I would definitely consider an fa5 (si sedan) or an ms3. Both are around the same price (ms3 is like $3k more) and both have outstanding qualities. :shrugs: idk man, gl on the decision.
Old 06-02-2007
Ultra-Platinum Super Bonus Member

So.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really nice

tc's are tight, but definitely wait, and take a lot of test drives. also research what others have to say about them. find tc forums and see what common problems are and if you'll be able to handle these problems if they arise.

if i were you, i'd definitely go with the si, those are tight as hell.

just my .02
Old 06-02-2007
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold

I drove the TC, and the Si, and honestly, I liked both.

I used to have an 01 EX that I shouldn't have sold. If I could buy a brand new one just like it (01 that is) I'd have another. I sold it to my GF's sister, and she's had problems driving it (as in the second day she had it she still wasn't used to it being lower due to the kit and drop that she ran it up on the parking marker and cracked the front. Then her bf (which she was broke up with him at the time) jumped into the car like a deer when he was drunk and they were arguing, screwing up the driver's front fender, a pillar and the rear quarter badly. He paid to fix it, but still. Then she was leaving the house and some kids were parked at the end of the driveway looking at her and she decided to go through the front yard cause they wouldn't move. She hit a big *** bush and ripped the front half off. I repaired it. I've offered to buy the car back from her for about 2500 less than what I sold it. She'd sell it if she could find something else. I'd have some work to do too to restore it to like it was when I had it).

As for the Si versus the TC. Both drive really well. The Si is stronger, but I really don't like the throttle by wire. The TC's drawback wasn't really anything. I didn't like the visibility when I looked in the passenger side blind spot, but with a little more precise adjustment of the mirrors, I could get around it. The first week or two I had it, I'd drop it and put on some black 18's. Then I'd put on a carbon fiber hood, and put a system in it.

As far as the TC is concerned, I really like the lip kit that is on it. I am not a big fan of the clear lens on the tails, but like the LED's. I'd rather it had the red lens with the LED's. I do like the Alcantera suede seats. And for the additional 2500 it's not too bad of a price for the mods that it comes with versus stock. The Suede seats would cost about 1500 to buy and have installed. The shift **** is eh, but I could change it. The lip kit would be about 4-500 installed. I could buy the parts and install them, but why hassle with the headache?

The Si is nice, but I really don't like the seats that much (sure, the Si seats are plenty nice, but not a real big fan of them). I like the power, but the throttle by wire has some lag that I don't like. I also like the 2 level gauge pods. I don't like the fact that they recommend you have to use premium gas, especially with gas prices and the recent tax hike making them even steeper. Both have pluses I really like and both have drawbacks. I still can't decide on what to do yet. I do, however, know the insurance on the Si is more as well.
Old 06-02-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I dunno about you, but when I got in the tC at the 2007 auto show here a few months back, I was pretty disapointed with the interior. It felt super cheap, way cheaper then our civic's. Other then that, I really liked the tC and did want to buy it. I was looking at the blue one, kinda looked like the old Si blue.. I dunno, I was in love with it. But even at getting it 1% over invoice, I didnt want to get it. To each their own.
Old 06-02-2007
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough

get the older scions or go onto dezod.com and look at which scion tc has the most parts available Every time i see a TC i say to myself if i had that car id buy a dezod turbo kit and call it a night
Old 06-02-2007
Registered!!

Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point

Last edited by Johnold; 06-02-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2007
Registered!!

I was going to get into a Scion but I just couldn't leave HONDA. So I got myself into an 07 Civic Si (Coupe)-Nighthawk black pearl.......LOVE IT! It makes me feel GREAT that I didn't get a Scion Tc cause when I look at those cars and their drivers.......well,...I laugh .

KEEP IT HONDA!
Old 06-02-2007
Electric Boogaloo...

The thing is, the TC I'm looking at doesn't have cheap interior, for the guy that commented. And I'm not really into the throttle by wire is what's really holding me back on the Si.
Old 06-02-2007
Ultra-Platinum Super Bonus Member

So.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really nice

i looked at the link and that is really tight and will look ballin' with a drop and carbon fiber. if you're really wanting the scion: drop, rims, carbon fiber, and turbo and you'll have one of the best looking scions, plus it'll be quick.

it's comes down to you. you're gonna get a lot of people on this forum saying go honda because it's a honda forum. go to a scion forum and ask there too. see if any people there have previously owned civics and how they like it.
Old 06-03-2007
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about

I went from a 01 Auto LX sedan to a 07 Manual tC Spec and couldn't be happier.
The Spec model is the stripped down version but compared to the 01 Lx's options it is the same or better.
Insurance is cheaper on the tC with the same coverage!!!

You are looking at the RS3.0 that comes with the body kit, upgraded seats, and the amazing blizzard white color.
I would just get the base tC because (unless you like the color) the extra standard equipment is overpriced.
Old 06-03-2007
Registered!!

Yeah i'm not completely knocking the Tc. They're GREAT cars that actually have more torque than the Si LOL but EVERYONE'S driving them. The Tc was HIGHLY considered for me when I was searching for a newer car. But since Honda was my VERY first car brand i've ever owned, I went back with them cause I know they have great reputation. wait till you sit in an Si compared to a Scion Tc and make a judgement. BOTH great cars.
Old 06-03-2007
Electric Boogaloo...

Originally Posted by Johnold
Yeah i'm not completely knocking the Tc. They're GREAT cars that actually have more torque than the Si LOL but EVERYONE'S driving them. The Tc was HIGHLY considered for me when I was searching for a newer car. But since Honda was my VERY first car brand i've ever owned, I went back with them cause I know they have great reputation. wait till you sit in an Si compared to a Scion Tc and make a judgement. BOTH great cars.

That's what I'm saying, I've sat in and driven both. Both have features I like and both have features I don't. I have owned two types of vehicles in my life. I bought a Ranger when I was 15. Bought a Civic EX when I was 18. Sold the Civic and Ranger and bought a newer Ranger. I needed a truck the second time. So I bought a 4wd Ranger because I needed 4wd, but didn't want a bad gas hog. Now I don't need 4wd because I won't have to go on storm duty for work anymore. So I'm looking at more economical cars that still look good, are fun to drive,and fun to mod. I don't want to dump a whole lot of money into a car that's going to depreciate anyway, or I'd get a new Lexus IS or an Evo or a Bimmer 3 or 5 series. I just can't make myself spend that much on a car that's a losing investment. I'd rather buy a cheaper car that looks good that I can have fun modding without thinking about the larger payment. I've got enough to put about half down on the car so I'd have small payments or get a shorter term loan with payments like they would be on a longer loan with little down.

I really like the package for the Release Series. The seats are really nice,just like when I was looking at the blue RS. It had too much chrome. This one has very little in terms of chrome, and the pictures on their site really do not do it justice as it looks phenominal in person. The Si is a phenominal car as well, but I would ask that they do not put that ugly wing on it. Is that an option?
Old 06-03-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

I just think that in the end the Si would be a way better car. I mean, it has a K! lots of room to mod, and you could just get k-pro or something and have a super fun DD.

and tCs can be super quick on boost. if I was deciding on an ep3 or tC, I'd honestly get the tC just because ep3s aren't really quick at all.
Old 06-03-2007
Registered!!

PopcornPlaya, looks like all of what you've said seems like you're pointing more in the direction of the Tc. The Scion Tc is a GOOD car!, not putting it down as I said before how that car was one of my choices. My payments would've been like 230 and my insurance would've been like 130 or so. No doubt that the Tc is a fun car to drive as ofcourse you see EVERYONE with them!. They're from what i've learned, "GREAT BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!!!".

Looks like you are aiming towards the Tc. Go for it man!. Toyota's Gas milage for those cars are almost equal to the Ex civic. You should get DAMN good gas milage compared to your trucks that you've had in the past. Toyota is the ONLY other Jap or asian *make* car that i'd get other than choosing HONDA.....Do it!, you'll love that you did

Oh and no, I believe that you cannot have an Si without the wing. IMO, it looks BEST with it on. I've seen it with it off too and it's not ugly either. Just adds a cool SPICE to the Si when on. CHEERS!
Old 06-04-2007
Electric Boogaloo...

Originally Posted by Johnold
PopcornPlaya, looks like all of what you've said seems like you're pointing more in the direction of the Tc. The Scion Tc is a GOOD car!, not putting it down as I said before how that car was one of my choices. My payments would've been like 230 and my insurance would've been like 130 or so. No doubt that the Tc is a fun car to drive as ofcourse you see EVERYONE with them!. They're from what i've learned, "GREAT BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!!!".

Looks like you are aiming towards the Tc. Go for it man!. Toyota's Gas milage for those cars are almost equal to the Ex civic. You should get DAMN good gas milage compared to your trucks that you've had in the past. Toyota is the ONLY other Jap or asian *make* car that i'd get other than choosing HONDA.....Do it!, you'll love that you did

Oh and no, I believe that you cannot have an Si without the wing. IMO, it looks BEST with it on. I've seen it with it off too and it's not ugly either. Just adds a cool SPICE to the Si when on. CHEERS!

See that's the thing, I don't want the wing because I don't like any wings or spoilers, unless it's a flush mount spoiler. And it lets people know it's an Si. I'd debadge it completely, and wouldn't want the wing there because it gives it away. Plus, I like clean cars now, and I don't think that spoiler is clean at all. If they wouldn't sell it without the wing I'd have to order a stock trunk with no spoiler to put onto it. I really hate that thing bad,cause it doesn't really fit the scheme I like. I'd do minimal body mods to it if I got that. But there again, it's still going to have the throttle by wire.

As for the TC, I ended up not buying it. I'm going to see what Honda could do to accomodate my requests on the Si before I make any decisions. If I do go with the TC, I'll eventually boost it as well. But that'd be a while off still.
Old 06-04-2007
Registered!!

^i'd be PROUD of you if you got the Si cause it wouldn't dissapoint you.

Just keep an open mind on the Tc also. But IMO, Si all the way!.

How can you NOT buy HONDA!?.
Old 06-06-2007
Registered!!

tCs are great cars, don't get me wrong. i have a friend with an xB with a pretty nice drop, rims, tint, and a few other things, and it's a cool car. i almost debated trading my civic for a tC not long ago, but i'm so partial to hondas and i've learned way too much about honda's over the past few years to go with anything else.
i noticed you said something about the seats, and honestly i think the tC interior is superior compared to the si. it's simpler.
scion just has a weird marketing scheme with the younger crowd and offering ridiculous accessories for their cars, which definitely appeal to young drivers.