Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Are 2dr and 4dr 2k1 rocker panels created equal?

Old 05-18-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ClutchEm2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are 2dr and 4dr 2k1 rocker panels created equal?

Are 2dr and 4dr rocker panels the same length? I bought a pair of sides and they said 2dr/4dr fitment should be the same but these skirts were a little too short for my 2dr rocker panel. They then test fit it on their company 4dr and it fits fine. These are the skirts I bought.

Old 05-18-2007
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are 2dr and 4dr 2k1 rocker panels created equal?

they should be the same length. maybe you're supposed to stretch it to fit. are you sure they gave you the right year?
Old 05-18-2007
Registered!!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure cuz we went over it in the office and he double checked. How do you stretch ABS plastic? We tried stretching it a bit and just try to shove it in but it looked like it was gonna break. It was just a little too short like about half an inch.
Old 05-18-2007
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold

hmm.. i know for sure the coupe and sedan has the same side rocker panels, they could've gave you the wrong one, or there product is poor quality.
Old 05-19-2007
Registered!!

If 2dr and 4dr are the same length then why does Honda say that this OEM skirt only fit coupes? Its basically pretty much the same as the skirt I posted above.

Side Under Spoilers
Genuine Honda Civic spoiler. Low profile, sporty styling gives the Coupe a custom look. Available in all Civic Coupe (2-door) colors painted from Honda to match factory finish. No drilling required for installation. Fits Coupe Only.

Old 05-19-2007
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

i know they are the same because gearbox has coupe sides on his sedan. you probably just have to force them on.
Old 05-19-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

They fit you just need to drill different holes... they don't line up on sedans
Old 05-19-2007
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by em2e36
If 2dr and 4dr are the same length then why does Honda say that this OEM skirt only fit coupes? Its basically pretty much the same as the skirt I posted above.

Side Under Spoilers
Genuine Honda Civic spoiler. Low profile, sporty styling gives the Coupe a custom look. Available in all Civic Coupe (2-door) colors painted from Honda to match factory finish. No drilling required for installation. Fits Coupe Only.

they will fit, its just that the holes that line up with the coupe is set up differently with the sedan im guessing.
Old 05-19-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse me everyone lol, the COUPE oem front and sides fit perfectly on my sedan with NO modification of any kind, every single screw lined up. I installed them in the parking lot here. The rear is too short so you just have to drill a couple new holes on the bottom of the bumper to secure it. Not a big deal at all. see...perfect fit i did not have to force fit anything.

Old 05-19-2007
Registered!!

Hey gearbox, nice car. What year and color is that and where did you buy it? I checked H and A and they only have Titanium Silver. I think my car is Satin Silver.

Well, back on topic. I have a 2001 2dr. I went and bought those procarparts side skirts on the very first post. They said it'll fit 2/4 doors but it it wouldnt fit my 2 door. I went back to them and they put them on their 4 door right in their parking lot and it fits. So if what everyone is saying is correct that 2 and 4 doors should be the same length then either my car is messed up or the quality of their side skirts suck.
Old 05-19-2007
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
Excuse me everyone lol, the COUPE oem front and sides fit perfectly on my sedan with NO modification of any kind, every single screw lined up. I installed them in the parking lot here. The rear is too short so you just have to drill a couple new holes on the bottom of the bumper to secure it. Not a big deal at all. see...perfect fit i did not have to force fit anything.

did you get new rims?
Old 05-19-2007
Registered!!

Hey gearbox, nice car. What year and color is that and where did you buy it? I checked H and A and they only have Titanium Silver. I think my car is Satin Silver.

Well, back on topic. I have a 2001 2dr. I went and bought those procarparts side skirts on the very first post. They said it'll fit 2/4 doors but it it wouldnt fit my 2 door. I went back to them and they put them on their 4 door right in their parking lot and it fits. So if what everyone is saying is correct that 2 and 4 doors should be the same length then either my car is messed up or the quality of their side skirts suck.
your car is not messed up, its the side skirts quality most likely.
Old 05-19-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i have 02 civic, SSM color. maybe the quality of the sides is not good. i know ive had to struggle a bit with non oem parts to make them fit. that grill wasnt easy either but after some forcing i was able to get the clips in. you could see if a bodyshop will put them on for you, they have ways of making something fit lol. my kaminari grill was even harder and required throwing the hood down to close, but it fit okay. alot of time with sides, the type of material is important for fitting. the oem stuff uses urethane i believe which almost bends in half without breaking. so you can kinda fit it into place without much effort. abs and fiberglass is a whole different story and that wont budge or flex at all. and actually my oem side mounts are starting to crack and break, im not complaining cause they still havent fallen off, its just some of the mounts are cracked or broken. ive had it for 4 yrs tho just about.

Last edited by gearbox; 05-19-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-19-2007
Registered!!

i have 02 civic, SSM color. maybe the quality of the sides is not good. i know ive had to struggle a bit with non oem parts to make them fit. that grill wasnt easy either but after some forcing i was able to get the clips in. you could see if a bodyshop will put them on for you, they have ways of making something fit lol. my kaminari grill was even harder and required throwing the hood down to close, but it fit okay. alot of time with sides, the type of material is important for fitting. the oem stuff uses urethane i believe which almost bends in half without breaking. so you can kinda fit it into place without much effort. abs and fiberglass is a whole different story and that wont budge or flex at all. and actually my oem side mounts are starting to crack and break, im not complaining cause they still havent fallen off, its just some of the mounts are cracked or broken. ive had it for 4 yrs tho just about.
Where did you get yours? I'll probably just get OEM sides to save the hassle.
Old 05-19-2007
Premium Member

i got mine from an old vendor who idk where he is anymore. that was back when it was still cheap and i paid around $800 for the whole thing shipped. handaaccessories.com is prolly the best place, ive been buying alot of oem stuff from there lately.
Old 05-20-2007
Registered!!

i got mine from an old vendor who idk where he is anymore. that was back when it was still cheap and i paid around $800 for the whole thing shipped. handaaccessories.com is prolly the best place, ive been buying alot of oem stuff from there lately.
I would but when I click buy it now, it doesnt have the option of Satin Silver. They only have Titanium Silver.
Old 05-20-2007
Premium Member

how about here?

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
Old 05-20-2007
New Mod on the Block

I would but when I click buy it now, it doesnt have the option of Satin Silver. They only have Titanium Silver.
i was looking at that the other day too. just give them a call to see if they have any in stock.
Old 05-20-2007
Premium Member

here ya go

http://www.cheaphondaparts.com/shop/...y_ID=15&Page=5
Old 05-20-2007
Registered!!

Sweet, good lookin out man. The only bad thing is that I'd have to pay tax plus shipping and an extra $20 surcharge for weight and size. Thats gonna add up alot. Im gonna try calling Majestic Honda in the east coast. At least I dont have to pay tax.

Is the code # on their site the universal code #'s for other dealers, too?
http://www.cheaphondaparts.com/shop/...Product_ID=329
Old 05-20-2007
Premium Member

not sure, but do you have a local dealer? maybe its just as cheap to get from them idk.
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

Found SSM at Majestic Honda. $286 shipped.
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

I'm getting confused here. My car is a 2001 EX coupe. Is it supposed to be Titanium or Satin Silver? According to this website, my car is Titanium.

http://www.thehondapartsstore.com/he.../srchrslts.jsp

I cant check my car cuz its in the shop getting a full repaint.
Old 05-21-2007
Premium Member

according to your pic, im pretty sure you have ssm. the titanium is the goldish old man color.
Old 05-21-2007
Registered!!

Hey gearbox, thanks for the help! You ARE pretty helpful. You need that blue honda polo shirt.

I found some brand new clover green oem sides on ebay for $150 plus $50 shipping so thats not bad. My car's in the shop for paint right now so I'm just gonna get them to paint it at the same time.

Again, thanks for your help.