Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Why do some ppl's front bumpers look like this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Question Why do some ppl's front bumpers look like this?

Is it because they got the front bumper replaced and the body shop got lazy and didn't want to spray the bottom grill part black?

Old 04-12-2007
Registered!!

marcuse will become famous soon enough
Re: Why do some ppl's front bumpers look like this?

uh ? it looks good?
Old 04-12-2007
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future

I don't know I like that bottom part black, it looks even worse if it is white (all white).
Old 04-12-2007
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about

he actually wasn't lazy... he got the flat black part painted silver to match the rest of the car.

Otherwise it would be black in the lower grilll like this...

Last edited by kasimmmmm; 04-12-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-12-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

i like it black
Old 04-12-2007

vietstylez will become famous soon enough

its cause the body shop was too lazy to mask it off, it doesnt need to be PAINTED black.. just left unpainted.
Old 04-12-2007
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light

yea dont they come painted from honda?? i know mine did and all the bodyshop had to do was mask the black off and spray the bumper
Old 04-13-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

i dont think it looks bad but thats just me. on a black car youd never really notice it so ill just leave mine alone lol
Old 04-13-2007
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point

i like the factory black better
Old 04-13-2007
Registered!!

wikkaco0 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen this alot. Most body shops don't bother to mask off the unpainted black section of the bumper when repainting the bumper. This of course would imply that the car was in an accident.

On the other hand, perhaps some people like it painted and paint it. I find you lose contrast in color by doing so. There is alot of black trim on the Civic (no chrome around the windows).
Old 04-13-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice

it doesnt come painted from the factory...so why would you paint it in the first place...although i do like the painted fogs
Old 04-13-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i dont like it, and it just means the bumper was replaced obviously.
Old 04-13-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

My lower grill wasn't painted from the factory....
Old 04-13-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

i would want ming clover green like meh car, then the fogs painted as well... it looks so flush! i love it
Old 04-13-2007
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road

I like to think it's b/c people got into an accident, and the body shop just painted the whole bumper.
Old 04-13-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Or maybe some spray paint? I know Krylon has some h2o spray that matches my red pretty well, used it to paint the interior of my trunk. I was looking at painting the foglights as well, looks good.

BTW, if the fogs are painted, then you know that the car's owner wanted that area painted
Old 04-13-2007
Registered!!

FERIOHHHHHHHHHH will become famous soon enough

it looks salvaged when the lower grill is all painted.. and most shop dont bother to mask it off cause most ppl dont care.. and that saves em alot of time.. only the better shops will mask it off for you... but you can just go to a local hardware store and buy some black trim paint to make it look original again...

and on a black car, it still would be very noticeable... original is a dull flat black.. if you were to paint it with car it would be more shiny...

but really tho.. its however you like it.. since when do ppl really fix up their cars the way others like it???
Old 04-13-2007
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all

i like the painted foglight grommet
Old 04-13-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

only black civic would make no difference...i like my black and red..
Old 04-13-2007
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold

LMFAO!!!! Thats my car like a year ago... Anyways... THe car was in an accident before i bought it... And ususally when you see bumpers like that it means the body shop was INDEED Lazy not to mask off the flat black portion... HENCE When you buy fog lights they come black to match the bumper... Im actually painting the lower grille this weeked FLAT BLACK to make it look factory...Man my car looks so ugly there, but i was proud of it thean. Here is a pIcture of my Car as it stands now...

Old 04-13-2007
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Or maybe some spray paint? I know Krylon has some h2o spray that matches my red pretty well, used it to paint the interior of my trunk. I was looking at painting the foglights as well, looks good.

BTW, if the fogs are painted, then you know that the car's owner wanted that area painted
And the reason why i painted my fogs SSM, because i dont think it would look good if i had the fogs BLACK and than the rest of my bumper Silver, It turned out good... i dont think it looks bad, but i still would rather have the LOWER GRILLE Factory looking, SO that why i am painting it this weekend... and than im going to get my Front Lip Painted.
Old 04-13-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Mralbino
LMFAO!!!! Thats my car like a year ago... Anyways... THe car was in an accident before i bought it... And ususally when you see bumpers like that it means the body shop was INDEED Lazy not to mask off the flat black portion... HENCE When you buy fog lights they come black to match the bumper... Im actually painting the lower grille this weeked FLAT BLACK to make it look factory...Man my car looks so ugly there, but i was proud of it thean. Here is a pIcture of my Car as it stands now...

LOL My bad man, I didn't mean to call you out like that, I just saw this random pic in the gallery and was wondering why it was like that, like if it was done intentionally. LOL your car looks wAY different than it did before, I just was picking on that first pic because it looked 'noobish'.

Thanks for letting us use your car as a topic of discussion.
Old 04-13-2007
Registered!!

lmao that was when i first got my fogs and ****.... so i was all siked!! lol a year later and looking much much better!
Old 04-13-2007
Registered!!

DragassD is an unknown quantity at this point

You can even see a slight variation in the color of the bumper to the rest of the car, implying in was replaced.
Old 04-13-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DragassD
You can even see a slight variation in the color of the bumper to the rest of the car, implying in was replaced.
We discovered that it was replaced because its MY car... And no there isnt a "Slight Variation in the Color" It all matches... You cant tell in a photo.