Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

RSX-S Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
RSX-S Exhaust?

okay i tried searching everything under RSX but nothing comes up for what im looking for..... are the RSX ones a direct fitment to ours???? or would i just need axle back....thanks guys
Old 02-01-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
you know whats funny? ive been looking into the EXACT same thing this past 2 months. from as far as i know, you can just buy the muffler itself and have it welded to our midpipe.
Old 02-01-2007
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
yup thats what im thinkin
Old 02-01-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
someone had done it on here, I forget who... he had it all custom made then sold it after like 2 months
Old 02-01-2007
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
I would get the muffler, buy a cheapo catback with mandrel bent pipes and use the pipes for the rsx-s muffler
Old 02-01-2007
Registered!!

tougEMII has a spectacular aura abouttougEMII has a spectacular aura about
hmm i plan on doing that. i am gonna do it after my header though. gonna run custom 2.5 to the rsx-s. donno when itll happen though
Old 02-01-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
im just planning on running the muffler... my greddy evo II got me pulled over more than enough. i just want something that looks decent.
Old 02-01-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
the rsx-s axle back wont fit. i had one, never used it. it's basically too short. it has the right bends in it, but the tip would sit a good 8 inches too short of the bumper tunnel.
Old 02-01-2007
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
[/IMG]

thats my car and yes the axle back will fit. but like skipbarber said, the stock rsx exhaust tip ends about 6 inches short of the civic's bumper (for the coupe anyways). you'll have to get an extension welded onto the end.
Old 02-01-2007
Banned

^^^that looks hot.... i might buy it soo how does it sound???

Last edited by djrabbi; 02-01-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-01-2007
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
I had the integra type-r one. Close to the same as the 05-06 rsx-s ones. It had a valve in it that opened up at higher rpms. Sound was great and not loud. Must be welded on. Different hangers on the actual muffler. Loved it until the swap happened.

Old 02-01-2007
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
^^Yeah that does look pretty hot...Not too big and in your face...

Last edited by PD Chico; 02-01-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-01-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
if i werent waiting for the nes RS*R i's prolly try this
Old 02-01-2007
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
the axleback exhaust from the rsx sounds stock, you wont notice anything different in terms of sound or performance.

i'm not sure if the type-r and the type-s (mine) is different, but i didnt have to weld anything. the rsx axleback bolts directly onto our stock midpipe and the hangers match up exactly too, it just falls short of the bumper.
Old 02-02-2007
Registered!!

tougEMII has a spectacular aura abouttougEMII has a spectacular aura about
so u got pics of it short of the bumper?
Old 02-02-2007
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
^^why would you need pics for? its basically 6-8inches too short, so it won't even reach the end of your rear bumper. Its self explanatory.
Old 02-02-2007
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by kornsined
I had the integra type-r one. Close to the same as the 05-06 rsx-s ones. It had a valve in it that opened up at higher rpms. Sound was great and not loud. Must be welded on. Different hangers on the actual muffler. Loved it until the swap happened.

why did you like it up until your swap happened? Was the buzzing sound of the exhaust at WOT beginning to annoy you or what?
Old 02-02-2007
Type-Race

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough
^^ That looks just like the RSR. Looks great but if you got the cheddar..just get the RSR cause its bolt-on. BOth make noise.
Old 02-02-2007
Registered!!

civicPesek is an unknown quantity at this point

just bring it to muffler shop and have it welded
Old 02-02-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
^that looks really nice
Old 02-02-2007
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Yes, I am really liking this thread. +Rep to the thread starter and bringing this to attention.
Old 02-02-2007
Banned

holla! thanks haah
Old 02-02-2007
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by D5cIvIc
why did you like it up until your swap happened? Was the buzzing sound of the exhaust at WOT beginning to annoy you or what?
NO, I went 3" with an apexi WS II turbo muffler. Sounds like sexy time. WAA WAA WEE WAA!

The type-r ine was never loud enough to hear any raspiness.
Old 02-02-2007
Registered!!

wikkaco0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good thread. I'll be going to Acura next week for quote on parts.
Old 02-02-2007
Registered!!

03TxCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the stock exhaust for an 06 civic si sitting in my room. I have been thinking about putting it on mine, but a few months ago when I inquired. Lots of members told me it would sound ricey..I am gonna either gonna sell it or attempt to modify it so i can slap it on my ride.
Old 02-02-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by PD Chico
Yes, I am really liking this thread. +Rep to the thread starter and bringing this to attention.
are you kidding me? do you know how many threads have been started just about the rsx axleback? this will be like my 5th time answering these same questions...
Old 02-03-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Da1lyDr1ver
are you kidding me? do you know how many threads have been started just about the rsx axleback? this will be like my 5th time answering these same questions...
Well I apoligize for not be able to catch every single thread that has been posted on this site. I said that because I personally was not aware that this could be done, or that people have done this, and obviously (from some of the posts on this thread) others have felt the same way that I did. So that's why I am praising the thread starter, who brought this to attention for those of us who are just getting into modifying, or don't sit here and search back through the million pages on stuff we never knew about. Anyway, thanks on answering to this thread again because it looks like you have pulled off putting the RSX muffler on your ride, and as I had said before, it looks really good.
Old 02-03-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
i see a lot of old members in this thread. civicpesek has been here since 01 and i havent ever seen him post. LOL.
Old 02-03-2007
Registered!!

Some pics I dug up that i had before on the type-r muffler. The 05-06 type-s wasn't confirmed to have the same valve as the type-r but looks identical.

Old 02-03-2007
Registered!!

^^^actually it was CONFIRMED that the 05-06 type S mufflers DID NOT have the valve.

Someone from clubrsx a while ago, chopped up this muffler to check it and it turns out that it did not have it. I would search for the thread, but i'm too lazy.

Quick Reply: RSX-S Exhaust?