Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

RSX Rear Seats Installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice
RSX Rear Seats Installed

still messy from the foam and usual dirt lol...dremel is your best friend...went through 5 grind disks lol, still need to pull back the cloth and secure it to the metal seat shell with zip ties and pull the seat belts through

approx estimated completion time: 5 hours

Old 01-29-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
let me be the first to say..... "very nice" (repped)

and i bet someone is gonna ask "y not the leather seats?"

Last edited by LT2004ever; 01-29-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-29-2007
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
looks baller!
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

mikenam is an unknown quantity at this point
can u still fold the seats down? and it seems like ur missing seat belts, do the seatbelts have to be taken out? i think leather would have been worth the swap but its nicer than the stock seats. gj.

woops didnt' read about the pulling the seatbelt through.
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
good job
Old 01-29-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
do the rears sit lower now? now you can ride 4 deep only now! looks good though!
Old 01-29-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
btw, what year r those?
Old 01-29-2007
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
04 rsx seats???? looks good
Old 01-29-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice
i didnt want to follow everbody's footsteps and get the leather seats, its like everyone and their mother has leathers in their 7thgen..plus the deal for these was not to miss..got everything for $250, yea the seats do sit a little bit lower, but you can't notice unless you point it out. The seats loose their fold down ability, it would take some welding and lots of customization for the seats to keep their folding capability because our stock seats have the lock on top of the seat while the RSX has them on the side plus your stockers are 60/40 ratio while RSX is 50/50. The seats are out of an 02' RSX that was crashed, had to replace the seat belt buckle tensioners from the front seats so my SRS light would not stay on.

Last edited by V-tek; 01-29-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice
nice work man! just sold my leather seats...never had the motivation to put them in my car, decided to go body kit instead.
Old 01-29-2007
Remebers the old days
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
I have the DC5 black suede rear seats in mine. Yes you can still keep the fold up and down ability but you have to be very carefull when you Cut them down to fit. I have mine cut so close to the sides that you have to close them at the same time and they fit so tight they wont fall down on you even though they dont lock in. I'll try to post pics up when I get home.
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

estebomb_ftw will become famous soon enough
Looks good bro. Don't think I could get seats that didn't fold down. If you ever need to fold them down for something, sucks. Stock rear seats ftw! Those do look sexy though with your fronts.
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

speedingslowly will become famous soon enough
good looks on NOT getting leather, its always hot in summer, cold in winter, and it barely holds u in place on sharp turns. good job, very clean.
Old 01-29-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

Thanks for all the good feedback...yea id kinda get pissed in the summer when i would sit down and the hot leather would singe my *** lol...i barely use the function of putting my seats down...unless you have a dead body in your trunk lol.
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
looks great man, i have the same setup, except in leather
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

ohsnapsjay08 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by V-tek
i didnt want to follow everbody's footsteps and get the leather seats, its like everyone and their mother has leathers in their 7thgen..plus the deal for these was not to miss..got everything for $250, yea the seats do sit a little bit lower, but you can't notice unless you point it out. The seats loose their fold down ability, it would take some welding and lots of customization for the seats to keep their folding capability because our stock seats have the lock on top of the seat while the RSX has them on the side plus your stockers are 60/40 ratio while RSX is 50/50. The seats are out of an 02' RSX that was crashed, had to replace the seat belt buckle tensioners from the front seats so my SRS light would not stay on.

oh snaps! since you brought up the seat belt buckle tensioners thingy, it could be the reason why my srs is light on.. but still doesnt make any sense lol, is that the strap? or the seatbelt buckle catch clip or watever you call it.

and as for everyone having rsx leather, to be honest.. i dont see alot of people having them.. except me which one of the reason why i went for 05rsx seats leather cause thats is something different than everyone else.. i believe iam one of the first one here that had it.

Last edited by ohsnapsjay08; 01-30-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-29-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

Originally Posted by ohsnapsjay08
oh snaps! since you brought up the seat belt buckle tensioners, thats prolly why my srs is light on.. but still doesnt make any sense lol, is that the strap? or the seatbelt buckle catch clip or watever you call it.

and as for everyone having rsx leather, to be honest.. i dont see alot of people having them.. except me which one of the reason why i went for 05rsx seats leather cause thats is something different than everyone else.. i believe iam one of the first one here that had it.
if you did the SRS reset with the paper clip and the light is still on, you have bad seat belt buckle tensioners which means the car you got the seats out of was in an accident, the seat belt buckle tensioners are the things on your seat that you snap your belt into, its part of the SRS system, cause when you get into an accident it tells the SRS that you have your seat belt on and it makes the seatbelt tension so you stick to your seat....luckily our stock 7thgen seat belt buckle tensioner are a more or less direct swap, i have made a DIY that on another forum which im more active in, here is the link.

[Civic] DIY: How to fix SRS light that will not go off after RSX Seat Install - Import Passion Forums
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

holy snaps.. this do help out alot lot.. dang it i hope this is the answer for my SRS light on. thanks bro. i hope this works. i tried the paper clip reset a million times and iam 100% sure know how to do it since i swapped alot of different steering wheel before.
Old 01-29-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

holy snaps.. this do help out alot lot.. dang it i hope this is the answer for my SRS light on. thanks bro. i hope this works. i tried the paper clip reset a million times and iam 100% sure know how to do it since i swapped alot of different steering wheel before.
If your SRS light was not on before you swapped out your seats, and now it is on when you put your seats in...im 1000% positive it is the seat belt buckle tensioner, because thats all that is being changed of the SRS system when you swap seats
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

oh yea, the other thing is that my passgener rsx airbag is blown... do i still have to get that replace (new airbag) when i do your DIY "Seat Belt Tensioner".. thanks bro!~
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

If your SRS light was not on before you swapped out your seats, and now it is on when you put your seats in...im 1000% positive it is the seat belt buckle tensioner, because thats all that is being changed of the SRS system when you swap seats
iam 10000000000%/infinite sure that it my rsx 05 that i got that made my srs light on.. but as my prior post.. do i have to replace that airbag?
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

susuking is on a distinguished road
jay, u don't need to replace those airbags, as i told you before, they are not there before and ur srs will not be looking for it. and btw, they have a different plug for that side airbag... but about the seat belt tensioner... that could be a possibility.
Old 01-29-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

side airbags do not matter because they do not hook up, the connectors you have under your seat are the yellow one which is your SRS connector and the grey one is the seat belt indicator light on the guagewhich both connect to the seat belt buckle..just replace your seat belt buckle unit with your stock ones from the 7thgen, do the reset and your golden given that your 7thgen ones are in good shape
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

svtec is an unknown quantity at this point
looks clean!
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by susuking
jay, u don't need to replace those airbags, as i told you before, they are not there before and ur srs will not be looking for it. and btw, they have a different plug for that side airbag... but about the seat belt tensioner... that could be a possibility.
yea.. just makin sure hehe i hope it works ya know.

side airbags do not matter because they do not hook up, the connectors you have under your seat are the yellow one which is your SRS connector and the grey one is the seat belt indicator light on the guagewhich both connect to the seat belt buckle..just replace your seat belt buckle unit with your stock ones from the 7thgen, do the reset and your golden given that your 7thgen ones are in good shape
thanks bro, imma do it tonight and i hope everything turns out great. i really appreciate your help bud.
Old 01-29-2007
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
Well i dont think the tensioners have 100% something to do with it.
Friday night, i disconnected my battery, took out my stock passenger seat, and installed the passenger rsx seat, using the rsx belt buckle. Reconnected the battery, turn the car on, and the SRS light DID NOT come on.

I drove all day long saturday, the srs light never came on.

Saturday afternoon/evening i did the same exact process on the drivers seat. The srs light came on!

So why did it come on with the drivers seat installed and not the passengers seat?
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Suzy Q
Well i dont think the tensioners have 100% something to do with it.
Friday night, i disconnected my battery, took out my stock passenger seat, and installed the passenger rsx seat, using the rsx belt buckle. Reconnected the battery, turn the car on, and the SRS light DID NOT come on.

I drove all day long saturday, the srs light never came on.

Saturday afternoon/evening i did the same exact process on the drivers seat. The srs light came on!

So why did it come on with the drivers seat installed and not the passengers seat?

as what he said early (or wrote) that if the seats you got from was in an accident, then its good game. so it might be that your driver seat has blown airbag before and they just replaced it to a new one. meaning if you have blown airbag... then the tensioner is out also. (on time use for accident lol) how is it coming along btw?
Old 01-29-2007
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
as what he said early (or wrote) that if the seats you got from was in an accident, then its good game. so it might be that your driver seat has blown airbag before and they just replaced it to a new one. meaning if you have blown airbag... then the tensioner is out also. (on time use for accident lol) how is it coming along btw?
It went very well. I managed to do it by myself.
Oh and the seats didnt come from a car in a wreck. The guy i got them from took them out of his car bc he got Recaros. So yeah im still confused..
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

EM2 Shinobi is an unknown quantity at this point
sweet, looks good
Old 01-29-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
i didnt want to follow everbody's footsteps and get the leather seats, its like everyone and their mother has leathers in their 7thgen..
ahaha......yea...........theres a REASON why everyone gets RSX leather...cuz its NICe n it feels good...

leather is a must for me.......

Quick Reply: RSX Rear Seats Installed