Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

megan racing headers??

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006
Ultra-Platinum Super Bonus Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really nice
megan racing headers??

hey guys, i was wondering if megan racing headers are good. i've heard good but want some EM2 opinions. they seem to be built good even with the low price. but no downpipe?? do you just use your existing?? here's a link to where i'm looking.

click here
Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
I have them. They're ok but think I should have gone HP. Fitment was perfect and I noticed alil more power in the high rpm range but nothing jaw collapsing. Hope that helps.
Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
I would go HP all the way!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
Call Eddie at TrueHonda.com He will take good care of you.
Tell him Matt in OK sent you.
Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

jumanda is an unknown quantity at this point
HP Header

I Have HP setup for sale!!!

$260 with test pipe and O2 sim Box, also includes a set of Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Justin
Old 12-18-2006
Banned

Gr33nMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
I have megan headers and a Dp i still need to put in the car.
Old 12-18-2006
Registered!!

mr.rowdy is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey think of it this way its better than stock
Old 12-18-2006
Registered!!

ex civic is on a distinguished road
I have magan headers on my 05 civic(their ok) and honestly if i could go back i would of waited and saved up more money and gotten dc headers...put it this way you get what you paid for!!
Old 12-18-2006
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice
Originally Posted by ex civic
I have magan headers on my 05 civic(their ok) and honestly if i could go back i would of waited and saved up more money and gotten dc headers...put it this way you get what you paid for!!

DC sports header are ****. Basically the same size as stock but with dc logo..
Old 12-18-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 2k1civic01
DC sports header are ****. Basically the same size as stock but with dc logo..
ok so what headers do you recommend??
Old 12-18-2006
Registered!!

mr.rowdy is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^^^^^
I bet he'll say an HP setup
Old 12-18-2006
Eternal Blue Member

turbocharge251 is just really niceturbocharge251 is just really niceturbocharge251 is just really niceturbocharge251 is just really niceturbocharge251 is just really nice
Originally Posted by mr.rowdy
^^^^^^^^
I bet he'll say an HP setup
ill say it first. HP headers FTW
Old 12-18-2006
Registered!!

guitarchan16 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm pretty happy with my Megan Header and Megan Testpipe...Pretty clean, fits good, sounds great...alot of power out of them...stay away from DC Headers...stock piping is like o <---this big, DC is like o <----this big, and Megan Racing is like O <--- this big...HUGE DIFFERENCE!...

Megan Racing Header and Testpipe FTW!!!
Old 12-18-2006
Registered!!

hey man guitarchan16 how long have u had ur headers for??? and when i bought the headers it didtn come with a down pipe and i have been looking for one and i could find one were did you get urs and how much??
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

MarkieMark will become famous soon enough
guitarchan, engine looks real nice!

i'd say stay stock.
but if i had to choose i'd go HP second choice would be Megan.
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

Stay stock? what kinda crap is that?...what's the point in staying stock... ...anyway, here's where you can find it...http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=151&catid=24...it's technically a testpipe because downpipes are for turbos...that may be why you were having trouble finding it.
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

The pic of the Megan Header looks just like the stocker for the 02 Ex. Only diff is the megan is polished and sais megan. Just my 2cent. Go HP all the way I recomend the H26 check out truehonda.com.
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

The megan headers are WAY bigger than the stock ones...so i don't know what you're talking about......Megan FTW
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

Ok, OK the megan is shiny and a little larger than stock but it is till the stock design.. The HP H26 set up are all equall lengh and each pipe is about 2 foot long. It is a full one piece setup that increases top end performance. If you are buying a header for show get the megan or DC or something shiny off of Ebay. If you are buying it for performance gains then get the HP IT IS FUNCTIONAL. I am done arguing.
Old 12-19-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
ok is it just my car with 1 header! there are no headers only one. many complain about dc sport header cause there small and some had problems with cracking. i would say megan if any are decent but your not going to get much power at all only sound.
Old 12-19-2006
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought this was common knowledge already. We have already discussed this several times, over and over and over again.

HP>Megan>Stock>DC

Dcs only that low cuz why would u pay to replace your stock with another one?!
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Boggie1688
I thought this was common knowledge already. We have already discussed this several times, over and over and over again.

HP>Megan>Stock>DC

Dcs only that low cuz why would u pay to replace your stock with another one?!

VERRY WELL SAID
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

Still Disagree, but that's just my opinion...my megan racing header puts out a lot of power...and the guys that work on hondas every day say that they saw more performance out of my megan header and testpipe than the HP header they've put on several other civics...so...my opinion is still Megan...but it's all down to personal opinion...show me some numbers that say that HP is better, then i'll to your superior knowledge...But we all agree...STAY AWAY FROM DC

Last edited by guitarchan16; 12-19-2006 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-19-2006
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ Well...if you put it that way. You in the same boat as us, show me some numbers that say Megan is better than HP.

BTW anyone have pics up close to compare all three? That would be nice.
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
The HP are def bigger than the Megan and the megan are definitely bigger than stock. It is also known that the bigger piping is not always better as you lose bottom end torque; however, the HP has longer runners and that is good for N/A applications. With the megan having a bit smaller piping less bottom end torque is lost however, gains up top won't be as sufficient as the HP. So i'd say there is positives and negatives to both setups. BTW I have the megan shorty header with the stock cat, and there is def more power over stock. Whether Hp has more hp thats still up to debate.
Old 12-19-2006
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
IMO, they are all garbage. I had the HP race header on mine and it wasnt TOO bad, just smells like ****. Megan and HP dont heat treat their bungs where the 02's thread in, and when you go to take out the sensors, youll find theyre destroyed. Its a common problem with these. The shorty headers arent TOO bad, but you just have to be careful with the o2 sensors....theyre rediculously expensive.
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

I have the shorty header with the Megan Testpipe and it's 2.25" and i can feel a lot of power...and I don't see how you can say that the Megan Piping is smaller than HP...where the crap did you pull that from? I'm going to get a measuring tape out when i get home and we'll just see...
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

I'm telling you it is because my buddies' OBX header have bigger piping than my megan header and the OBX are similar in design to HP headers.

Last edited by ronaldo9; 12-19-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

(still like Megan better for style and performance...i still have all my low end torque and i have quite a bit of top end power...)...but still ...as i said before...it's all preference i think and i would suggest either to someone...HP or Megan...you choose...i did a lot of research on both...and they were very similar in power...but the deciding factor was the fact that Megan looks SOOO much better... and has the same power as HP...so that's how i decided...
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

Ya the megan looked awesome when I first got them but now they look like crap after a winter with all the salt and everything from the roads. I don't care though I got them for performance not show.

Quick Reply: megan racing headers??