Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

stocks and springs fast ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
red_civic_boi is an unknown quantity at this point
stocks and springs fast ?

anyone in here know where i can get stocks and springs that droppin 2.5..and other ?...if i droppin 2.5 i should get small size of rims like 16"....?
Old 12-03-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
you can get whatever type or size of rims you want, as long as they fit in your wheel well, 17's are safe- 18's will fit, maybe 19's but anything larger would be rediculous. Actually, you can fit like 22's if you really wanted to but you'd have to do some bean town mods to your wheel wells. what size rims do you have?

if you want a really good drop, go with coilovers- ones that are fully adjustable. That way if you see your rear is alittle too high, adjust it, feel the rebound is a little too slow- adjust it. A good set of adjustables is going to cost some dollars, but the ride will be superior to any shock and spring combo that you'll throw together. Tein SS are great, there is a group buy going on right now.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283551

if you drop your car so low, you can get your fenders rolled (cheap). You'll need a tool to do this if you want a really nice roll. You can probably rent one from Napa or any other major auto shop and do it yourself, or just drive over and have them do it, its super quick.

Think thats enough to get you started

Last edited by TRIZ; 12-03-2006 at 12:15 AM.
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

red_civic_boi is an unknown quantity at this point
if i just need coilovers do i need to buy shocks so it wont mess up the stock?
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
I think Triz is referring to full coilovers not just the sleeves. In that case the shocks would be included.
Old 12-03-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Originally Posted by Sujak
you have a lot of researching to do buddy, make best friends with the search button.
^^Def.

Full coilovers are an investment- but like I said, their ride quality is much better then any shock and spring combo you'll throw together- aftermarket springs and shocks can be quite harsh. But yeah, TEIN SS are full coilovers, so the struts and springs that you have in there now will be replaced. http://www.tein.com/ss1damp.html