Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

ACURA RSX-s or VW GTI (2007)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jhnr is an unknown quantity at this point
ACURA RSX-s or VW GTI (2007)

Ok so what do u guys think about these 2 cars right here the Acura RSX-s any year and the VW GTI 2007... Just wanted to know a few opinions about them two cars and the pro and cons, i was thinking to get a new car and im interested in those two please let me know
Thanks.
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

mateusz is an unknown quantity at this point
VW GTI (2007) its the shittt
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

flipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enoughflipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enough
rsx type s

Last edited by flipmoderacer02; 11-20-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

SOAD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by flipmoderacer02
cool vid
wtf are you talking about

i personally dont like the looks of the new vw, i would go with rsx type s
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

cool vid
lol what ?? ^^^^^^^^^
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

IMAhybrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SOAD
i personally dont like the looks of the new vw, i would go with rsx type s
I also prefer the looks of the RSX. Plus, I'm not sure about the new generation, but the last VWs aren't known for their reliablity.
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

Dark_Pyro7 is an unknown quantity at this point
I really like the new GTIs, i have thought about trading my car in for one. RSXs are really nice but they are magnets that attract crime to them. My buddy had one that was almost stock, got broken into several different times. Windows busted. Just to flashy for me.

As far as reliability, i could be talking out of my ***, but seems like most of new cars out there are reliable, normal maintnance fees may cost more on a german car compared to a civic and similar type cars. But if you maintain your new car, and dont run the **** out of it, it should treat you pretty well, unless its a lemon.

The gti is turbocharged so i bet most of the people that have problems with them, dont let the car warm up when starting up nor do they let it cool down before turning it off.

I would blame the owners before i blame the car.
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

BCCentaur3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well i like the new GTI's and i also like the type s. I thought that the new GTI's are really heavy compared to the older ones. Well i don't know if i were you, i'd go with the type s.
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough
i say type s. the vw runs about the same 1/4 mile as the type s and the type s is n/a while the vw is turbo'd. it would be way more reliable than the vw imo. my 2cents
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

so far sounds good i like the type s better but the VW has to turbo ideea....so..still thinking.. but thanks so far..
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
WAIT FOR THE TL-TypeS w/ all wheel drive its so SICK
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

navysooner will become famous soon enoughnavysooner will become famous soon enough
do u want a nice interior or ugly seats? Do u want a car company that is proven to be reliable or one that after 50k miles it will be in out of the shop?
Honda or VW that is the question!
Old 11-19-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I like the GTI more, honestly. The Si is nicer, but from what you said, the GTI is the nices. Thats my drunk p[inion.
Old 11-19-2006
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice
VW are hunks of garbage, your gonna have problems with it right when you drive it off the lot
Old 11-20-2006
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
rsx type s
ur one of those post ****** that didnt even bother to read and though it was a RSX vs GTI video thing..........hahahhah pwned.......

Originally Posted by hwt101
WAIT FOR THE TL-TypeS w/ all wheel drive its so SICK
uhh yea.......so he can spend like the extra $10k+

he IS buying a RSX or GTI, so it might be outta his price rang man...
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

im not 100% sure but i doubt that a new TL is 10 grand more than an RSX type S ( they arent that damn cheap )
Old 11-20-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
i actually like the new rabbit too. I've got a friend who has one already paid off, just waiting for it. cant wait to drive it. looks like a cool little car.
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
ud be better off with type s cuz vws are freaking unreliable and their dealerships dont help alot either. my nco got one(vw) and his always complaining about how the delearship always blows him off for parts that are easy to replace..he tried like 3 dealerships and still have problems with his car. its true and its totally up to u since ur buying the car. hope u make a good choice and post pics when ever u decide on what ur getting.
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

speedingslowly will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by soldierboi
ud be better off with type s cuz vws are freaking unreliable and their dealerships dont help alot either. my nco got one(vw) and his always complaining about how the delearship always blows him off for parts that are easy to replace..he tried like 3 dealerships and still have problems with his car. its true and its totally up to u since ur buying the car. hope u make a good choice and post pics when ever u decide on what ur getting.
THANK YOU, god i was waiting for somebody to say it. Yes it is soooo true, VW is the most unreliable automaker ever. I had a 1999 mk4 jetta GL with just 93,000 miles on it, and i owned it for 10 weeks, and it was only out of the repair shop for 2 weeks total out of that time. I put about 3500 in that car, including 750 the day i bought it. They suck so bad. Plus they are hard, and expensive to modify. If you are considering a new car with a warratny and all i would go with the 2007 mustang GT. My friend just got one, learned stick on it, dropped the tranny and burned the clutch in the process, and Ford replaced the tranny and clutch for free under warranty.
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

BATANG KANTO has a little shameless behaviour in the past
have you conseiderd about getting an 07 SI?
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

speedingslowly will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BATANG KANTO
have you conseiderd about getting an 07 SI?
WELL DONE!
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

true the 07 si coupe is SICK
Old 11-20-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by speedingslowly
THANK YOU, god i was waiting for somebody to say it. Yes it is soooo true, VW is the most unreliable automaker ever. I had a 1999 mk4 jetta GL with just 93,000 miles on it, and i owned it for 10 weeks, and it was only out of the repair shop for 2 weeks total out of that time. I put about 3500 in that car, including 750 the day i bought it. They suck so bad. Plus they are hard, and expensive to modify. If you are considering a new car with a warratny and all i would go with the 2007 mustang GT. My friend just got one, learned stick on it, dropped the tranny and burned the clutch in the process, and Ford replaced the tranny and clutch for free under warranty.
wow, 99 MY. Wasnt that the 1st year for the MK4 and worst year (from what I saw from Consumer Report). My sister-in-law had one........ problems all the time.... made in Mexico I believe.
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
either a rsx-s or the new SI...VW are not that great. ive heard of alot of problams.
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
you're obviously going to get bias answers on a honda forum but honeslty, i test drove the gti and it is fffffffffaaaaaassssssssstttttt! the suspension is decently stiff for a VW. Just testdrive it annd you'll know wut to go with rite away. The rsx and k20 is a li'l played out...
Old 11-20-2006
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^Someone that gets it...

Doesn't matter who its from...honda, vw, bmw, any maker...its just about the car itself.

For me...I'd go with the GTI, just because I know the car will feel german. The heavy steering wheel, that is never to hard to steer yet never too soft;always has great feedback too. The quick and firm brake pedal response, you step on it and it lets you know its there.
Oh and you can't beat a factory turbo. Its going to be great to have a factory one because its going to be reliable. Then when you want you already have a turbo setup to I think (not sure) it should be easier to make upgrades.
Old 11-20-2006
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rofl @ My Fast!
http://www.vw.com/gti/photos_vids.html
Old 11-20-2006
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
VW is nice but Rsx is more reliable
so i vote for rsx
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

virtueoftresx is an unknown quantity at this point
My friends mom just got an 07 Rsx-s turbo, and kitted, she isn't even hot and I wanted to do her just for it, RSX-S are the new beer goggles, enough said.
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

BATANG KANTO has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by hwt101
true the 07 si coupe is SICK
you should seen the AJP kit on SI.. they awaken the sleeping monster insde that k20.

Quick Reply: ACURA RSX-s or VW GTI (2007)