Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

B18 swap Into our EM2?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bbeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
B18 swap Into our EM2?

Since we can swap a k20 into our em2. Is it possible to do a B18 swap? Does anyone know, and what parts do I need to do it?
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

tougEMII has a spectacular aura abouttougEMII has a spectacular aura about
nooooooooooooooooooo.....u cant...*cough*search button*cough*
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

fallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the rough
it's also ILLEGAL
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

adishman should not be trustedadishman should not be trustedadishman should not be trusted
legal or not it cant be done.
Old 11-14-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by adishman
legal or not it cant be done.
Little wrong there, bud. It CAN be done, but the time/effort/money/custom pieces necessary, make it a worthless swap. Just put a K20 in and be done.

And to the thread starter: For the love of god, search. Or at least read the stickied threads

Last edited by 01HonderCivic; 11-14-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

adishman should not be trustedadishman should not be trustedadishman should not be trusted
ok mybad. bud
Old 11-14-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
The bottom part of my post wasn't referring to you, just edited to reflect that.

And look at it this way, you can either spend 10K on a B-series swap, or spend around 7K for a K20A2 swap.
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
yeah there is only 1 7thgen civic that has a diff swap then a k-swap.. and its the AEM car its in alot of mags it has a B16 bored out to a 1.7L and it tops out at around 200mph they made it just 4 speed records.. so yeah..
Old 11-15-2006
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
why would you want to? b18 vs k20???? k20 owns
Old 11-15-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
The bottom part of my post wasn't referring to you, just edited to reflect that.

And look at it this way, you can either spend 10K on a B-series swap, or spend around 7K for a K20A2 swap.

you're a lil off...most kswaps done so far people have spend way more than just 7k...most of the guys here in socal spent about 12k on average...if not more to get their swaps...a b series swap would be really expensive because it would require a custom harness, custom mounts, not to mention a distributer system and all that fun stuff with b series motors
Old 11-15-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Either way, the K-swap is better, and cheaper.
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

Kung is an unknown quantity at this point
Someone on this site did a b18 swap awhile back, so it's not impossible. I forget who it was, but I thought it was impressive. Also, most laws in the books say that an engine that was manufactured before the year model car cannot be swapped in. Since all b series engines were manufactured before 2002, your swap would be illegal if you own a 2k2+ 7thgen. HOWEVER, since 7thgens were created in 2001 and there is a 2001 Integra typeR, those B18 engines would be a legal swap. However, getting your hands on a b18 specifically out of a 2001 typeR teg will probably cost you a lot of money.

I've also heard that some laws state that if the engine didn't come as a stock option on your model car, then the engine swap is illegal (I thought Cali had this rule). If that's the case, then all K swaps are also illegal into any 7thgen since the K series was not an engine option for 7thgens. All I can say is check your local law because after a pricey swap, you want to still be able to drive the car legally!
Old 11-15-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Originally Posted by ragingSPAM
you're a lil off...most kswaps done so far people have spend way more than just 7k...most of the guys here in socal spent about 12k on average...if not more to get their swaps...a b series swap would be really expensive because it would require a custom harness, custom mounts, not to mention a distributer system and all that fun stuff with b series motors
7k is about right to get the car up and running, but if you are talkin about adding stuff to it yea its about 12k. If you are spending 12k on just a swap you just got raped up the a$$
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
omg another 32569456054 post on swap...
Old 11-15-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
i am considering swapping a spare 350 from a Nova thats lying around my dads shop..........i think it will fit what do yall think?
Old 11-15-2006
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Kung
Someone on this site did a b18 swap awhile back, so it's not impossible. I forget who it was, but I thought it was impressive. Also, most laws in the books say that an engine that was manufactured before the year model car cannot be swapped in. Since all b series engines were manufactured before 2002, your swap would be illegal if you own a 2k2+ 7thgen. HOWEVER, since 7thgens were created in 2001 and there is a 2001 Integra typeR, those B18 engines would be a legal swap. However, getting your hands on a b18 specifically out of a 2001 typeR teg will probably cost you a lot of money.

I've also heard that some laws state that if the engine didn't come as a stock option on your model car, then the engine swap is illegal (I thought Cali had this rule). If that's the case, then all K swaps are also illegal into any 7thgen since the K series was not an engine option for 7thgens. All I can say is check your local law because after a pricey swap, you want to still be able to drive the car legally!
k20a2 and a3 are able to make legal. No problem. I believe even the k24 would be a legal swap. It all depends on how you set it up. You would have to run and rsx/si gas tank to make an a2/a3 legal. Any Type R swap is not legal. The emissions do not comply with our laws. So no, you could not use an integra type r motor out of a 2001 if you wanted to make it legal.

And yes, you could put a b18 into it, but it honestly wouldnt be worth it as stated. And if youre spending anywhere near 12k on a k swap, you just got pwn3d.

unless youre doing a k20a.
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

pNOYjOSH can only hope to improve
Old 11-15-2006
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
^^^word.
Old 11-15-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Where's Jester, with his lock dance???

IBTL
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by spoonEM
k20a2 and a3 are able to make legal. No problem. I believe even the k24 would be a legal swap. It all depends on how you set it up. You would have to run and rsx/si gas tank to make an a2/a3 legal. Any Type R swap is not legal. The emissions do not comply with our laws. So no, you could not use an integra type r motor out of a 2001 if you wanted to make it legal.

And yes, you could put a b18 into it, but it honestly wouldnt be worth it as stated. And if youre spending anywhere near 12k on a k swap, you just got pwn3d.

unless youre doing a k20a.
How is it legal if the law states that only engines that were offered with your model vehicle can be swapped in legally? Like I said, check your local laws.
Old 11-15-2006
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
legal or not its stupid, retarded pointless and gay, so if its not illegal it should be so that a retard doesn't come along and spend 100grand to get a pointless swap! LOCK THIS STUPID *** THREAD!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DUDEitsMATTx
yeah there is only 1 7thgen civic that has a diff swap then a k-swap.. and its the AEM car its in alot of mags it has a B16 bored out to a 1.7L and it tops out at around 200mph they made it just 4 speed records.. so yeah..
actually it was de-stroked to about 1.489cc so he could compete in the 1.5L and below engine class. and it does top out at around 205 or so at 10000 rpm. not bad for a 4-banger... ibtl
Old 11-15-2006
Show and Go. N/A is BEST.

TeamSF_em2 will become famous soon enoughTeamSF_em2 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
Little wrong there, bud. It CAN be done, but the time/effort/money/custom pieces necessary, make it a worthless swap. Just put a K20 in and be done.

And to the thread starter: For the love of god, search. Or at least read the stickied threads
agreee'd
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

SOAD is on a distinguished road
wooooo IBTL....damn n00bs
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Michalo187
legal or not its stupid, retarded pointless and gay, so if its not illegal it should be so that a retard doesn't come along and spend 100grand to get a pointless swap! LOCK THIS STUPID *** THREAD!!!!!!!!
Saying ignorant things like this just shows how stupid you are. If someone wants to know if they can swap the B series motors into their EM2, then so be it. I'm not saying I would swap a B series, but I'm not going to down anyone asking about it or wanting to do it. If you don't have anything constructive to say, then stop reading the thread. Just because you don't agree with someone on this site doesn't mean you should call them stupid, treat them with disrespect, and call their ideas dumb. You make the older and more knowledgeable members on this site look like they are all full of *******s. Time and time again I want to make fun of the ricers on this forum and point out how lame they are, but you know what? I respect what they want to do with their cars so I just keep it to myself. Asking to lock this thread because you think it's stupid is just a blatent disregaurd for people seeking knowledge and very disrepectful to new members who may not know anything.

And for your information, the guy who did the B series swap did it at a time where K20 swaps were just being talked about on this site. I believe ony one guy that was on these forums did the swap and he was from houston. He spent about 10k because he had to get a lot of custom work done including custom motor mounts made (I believe he talked directly with HASport and they made them for him which led to HASport's eventual mass production of the mounts). Anyhow, the guy that swapped the B series motor into his car (according to him) spent a lot less. At the time K20's were hard to come by because the typeS JUST came out. Furthermore, k20s at the time were so new that they made almost zero mass production aftermarket parts for them; whereas, at the time, B series mods were all over the place. Think about others before you post, and not just yourself.
Old 11-15-2006
Show and Go. N/A is BEST.

TeamSF_em2 will become famous soon enoughTeamSF_em2 will become famous soon enough
kung is from texas, and his local laws is whats pwnin him up for swaps.

"if the engine didn't come as a stock option on your model car, then the engine swap is illegal."

no offense but damn that sucks *****. over here in cali we can swap just about any motor in our car as long as it is from the same year or newer and meets the emissions for that engine model. and of course the swap has to be approved by and cali referee but it isnt too hard to pass just have ALL the parts for the swap.
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TeamSF_em2
kung is from texas, and his local laws is whats pwnin him up for swaps.

"if the engine didn't come as a stock option on your model car, then the engine swap is illegal."

no offense but damn that sucks *****. over here in cali we can swap just about any motor in our car as long as it is from the same year or newer and meets the emissions for that engine model. and of course the swap has to be approved by and cali referee but it isnt too hard to pass just have ALL the parts for the swap.
Naw man, I'm not saying the TX laws are like that, but I've heard that other states have these types of laws. TX could probably care less what type of engine/mods are under your hood as long as you pass emissions.
Old 11-15-2006
Abortion Survivor

Originally Posted by Kung
Saying ignorant things like this just shows how stupid you are. If someone wants to know if they can swap the B series motors into their EM2, then so be it. I'm not saying I would swap a B series, but I'm not going to down anyone asking about it or wanting to do it. If you don't have anything constructive to say, then stop reading the thread. Just because you don't agree with someone on this site doesn't mean you should call them stupid, treat them with disrespect, and call their ideas dumb. You make the older and more knowledgeable members on this site look like they are all full of *******s. Time and time again I want to make fun of the ricers on this forum and point out how lame they are, but you know what? I respect what they want to do with their cars so I just keep it to myself. Asking to lock this thread because you think it's stupid is just a blatent disregaurd for people seeking knowledge and very disrepectful to new members who may not know anything.

And for your information, the guy who did the B series swap did it at a time where K20 swaps were just being talked about on this site. I believe ony one guy that was on these forums did the swap and he was from houston. He spent about 10k because he had to get a lot of custom work done including custom motor mounts made (I believe he talked directly with HASport and they made them for him which led to HASport's eventual mass production of the mounts). Anyhow, the guy that swapped the B series motor into his car (according to him) spent a lot less. At the time K20's were hard to come by because the typeS JUST came out. Furthermore, k20s at the time were so new that they made almost zero mass production aftermarket parts for them; whereas, at the time, B series mods were all over the place. Think about others before you post, and not just yourself.
your missing the whole point, there is a lot of threads about this subject because many people have asked before, he is not the first and its always the same answer time after time, yes it can be done but it is worthless. on top of that where on that thread do i call him a douche bag or noob like everyone else on here is????? I am not an ******* i am probably one of the coolest guys on the site cause i help many people out.
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

speedingslowly will become famous soon enough
I have 2 things to say:
1.) the guy who said putting a chevy 350 into his civic, you are awesome, me and my dad almost did that to my jetta.
2.) Why do ppl get so pissed off about ppl not searching, i mean jesus, if it really bothers you then dont respond to the bulletin, its simple yet effective.
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Michalo187
your missing the whole point, there is a lot of threads about this subject because many people have asked before, he is not the first and its always the same answer time after time, yes it can be done but it is worthless. on top of that where on that thread do i call him a douche bag or noob like everyone else on here is????? I am not an ******* i am probably one of the coolest guys on the site cause i help many people out.
Then instead of saying the idea of a B series swap is dumb, point him to the thread where he can find the information.

Honestly people always yell SEARCH. Well I have news for you, the search feature on these forums suck. Sometimes I have to sift through so many threads it's rediculous before I find my answer. So be nice, and just link him instead of saying:

"legal or not its stupid, retarded pointless and gay, so if its not illegal it should be so that a retard doesn't come along and spend 100grand to get a pointless swap! LOCK THIS STUPID *** THREAD!!!!!!!!"

That's just plain rude.

Quick Reply: B18 swap Into our EM2?