Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Install of the Dezod kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tavdawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Install of the Dezod kit

I am finally back from my deployment and am now able to get this kit put together. It's just I have run into some problems and was wondering if anyone else has themselves. My car is an 02 lx coupe. As of now 2 out of the 3 oxygen sensors will not fit in my downpipe, they just do to not having enough room. You can see what the problem is with this one. Also notice the exhaust is way off.

This one will be jammed right into my front motor mount.

Anyone else have this problem yet?

I was also comparing the v2 and the v3 intercooler. I know the v3 flows much better but it wouldnt seem to cool as well as the v2. What are your thoughts on this?

Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

For those of you who live in fayetteville, as i know there are a few. If you would like to come give me a hand or throw some ideas at me I will let you know where the house is.
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
sweet another soldier going turbo! too bad im not lol ..i definitely want to see this car in person..where is your house man maybe i can give u a hand ..but i dont have knowledge on installing this kit but i just want to learn how so i can do it my self someday.
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Contact Wilmnchris, he's got the V3 kit and lives in Wilmington, NC. He put his kit on himself so he could def help you out. Good luck.
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light
Hey I am in wilm NC. If you want you can come here to the shop. Or we can do it at th house. Also what EMS are you running. Bigger IC does not mean better. Bar and plate design will increase cooling. if you want you can reach me at 910-612-6168
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Yeah, but whats the deal with the O2 sensors?
Old 11-13-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
bad placement on the o2 sensors.. my fitment with the o2 sensors on the v2 downpipe was simular but not that bad off. You may have to relocate them firther down the exhaust line. Goodluck
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

That would be my only choice... to place them down aways. This sucks. I installed my boost controller today since i am not able to do to much else, waiting on a few parts to come in like new couplings and clamps... also some plugs to seal the holes up on the downpipe. Tomorrow will be the install of the turbo timer and my boost and uego gauge. Then its just a matter of throwing the header/turbo/downpipe back in and off to the exhaust shop.
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
good luck bro, if i was home i'd be all over it!! pics and vid when it's running. me and carl will be waiting
Old 11-14-2006
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
That's cool that you're turbocharging. I'd really like to do the same, overall do you think the quality of the Dezod kit meets your expectations?
Old 11-14-2006
Wicked Pissah Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Have you spoke with Dezod about the DP?
Old 11-14-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Tav welcome back. PM me bro!!!
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

Yes overall the Dezod kit is a great thing to buy if you plan on boosting. Comes with just about everything you need to get it started. So far there are only two things i do not like about it. One being the placement of the turbo. There is really no room to install a filter... at least in a neat manner. But i am not blaming Dezod for lack of planning and design, there is just to little of room to work with. The second thing is the placement of the 2 bungs for the oxygen sensors. Maybe its just my year car that it won't fit? But after looking at it again today it almost seems the downpipe was not bent enough. Seeing how it does not line up with my exhaust. Maybe thats the cause of the sensors not fitting either. Other than that it would surely be worth the money! But as for me, I am the lucky one who one this kit off the St Jude raffle that Dezod had awhile back. So I am not the one to complain if a few things don't line up.

Anyways i have decided to just plug those 2 holes up and have them put further down my exhaust. I will do this when i have a flex pipe put in and my pipe bent some to line up better. Today the HKS turbo timer went in and also recieved my rear Bilstein shocks. Tomorrow i will be running my wires to my UEGO guage and my vacum tube off my boost gauge. And that brings a question to mind if you guys are still reading along. Where is the wire coming off the rheostat that dims the panel lights? As in which color wire is it? I am wanting to connect my boost gauge light up to this. I have found one wire that may be it, but as the lights get brighter the volts drop, but this is the only wire that shows a decrease and increase by 6 volts. Well there you have it. Now i have some food to eat.

Hey paul i will give you a call tomorrow morning sometime and let you in on this stuff. Im sure you have some questions or answers going through your mind.