Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Turbo Installed Now Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
hurry !!! and take vids
Old 11-12-2006
Registered!!

tavdawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks there matt. no phone call needed... yet at least. i know how you did it now, but is it sturdy enough? don't you think it will rattle since its not mounted on a flat place? i was comparing the v2 vs the v3 intercooler, although the v3 is slightly shorter and i know it is able to flow more, the v2 seems as though it would cool the charged air much better. i have both intercoolers so i am not sure yet which i want to use. on to the whole exhaust mani, turbo, and downpipe... have you put this in yet? i have discovered 2 of the 3 oxygen sensors will have to be moved. one is shoved up against the front motor mount, and the other is right against were the metal guard that covers up part of the oil pan. let me know if you run into this same problem. i have some pics i just need to learn how to put them up on here
Old 11-12-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
well i have an EX.. i only have 1 oxygen sensor in my car by the motor that goes into my down pipe, then i also have my AEM wideband in there, then i have 1 other oxygen sensor by my "cat".. and yes i have had everything in and im about 2 put the pics up now.. and the FMIC is fine there it wont move.. my friend is gunna weld my bolts and **** on once i have everything runin this week "hopefully" so...
Old 11-12-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
Turbo Install New Pics Pg7"

here are the pics finally!!

Last edited by DUDEitsMATTx; 11-12-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-12-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
nice! now make a vid of it killing some ricers!
Old 11-12-2006
Registered!!

SOAD is on a distinguished road
wow very nice, what do you have left to do?
Old 11-12-2006
Registered!!

vids will come as soon as i get my damn wire harness lol..... and all i need 2 do it put my harness in when they send it back.. and i need 2 clean my car its dirty all ova... and i have like rust spots on my hood 4 sum reason. andd the hot side of the turbo is already rusty also owell.. and i have some rust on my BOV flang cuz i got some gas that leaked out and got on it hope non got in the bov owell its been dry so w/e
Old 11-12-2006
Registered!!

SOAD is on a distinguished road
yea i was gonna say why is it rusty when its a brand new kit lol
Old 11-12-2006
Registered!!

the hot side will always be rusty anyway nothing anyone can do about it..
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

ohsnapsjay08 will become famous soon enough
well.. this is gonna be alittle out of the topic, is the turbo gonna be as shakey as kswap?? (well i gues thats not as off) or the car just feels like as is?? ive been dying to know this lol
Old 11-13-2006
diamonds she will pretty much have to

ex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the rough
it should be pretty much the same as stock if you're using the same motor mounts. Everyone says the kswap is shakey because of the hasport motor mounts

The turbo is looking nice and came together quick for you. I'm hoping to have everything together by the end of next week and installed by the end of thanksgiving break *crosses fingers*
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

yeah i should have been done on wed last week when i got the mani but the damn harness owell.. and no it will not be shaky.. its gunna ride like stock or w/e and run like a stock turbo car cuz i have a great tune bein done by chris
Old 11-13-2006

ex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the rough
werd, i still don't know what engine management I want, I need to decide by tuesday but **** I don't know. I'm leaning more toward pcs because of price, but I don't want to have to upgrade to the aem when I get the cams and internals changed (whenever that happens) and the aem has way more options for tuning. decisions decisions. I guess I'll see how your tune goes with the pcs and then decide, what psi are you thinking about runnnig? I want to run 8 or 9 on the stock internals
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

sweet if u can run 9 psi on stock internals, that would be awesome!
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

well chris said he would not do over 8psi on stock motor cuz thats 2 much WHP for the motor. he said on the old kits like v1 and v2 it would but fine but the v3 is so much better and puts down more HP with less boost soo.. and u can tune ur car with PCS XFC if u get cams and internals down the road still also.. talk 2 chris about it he knows everything.. im gunna run the 5psi base tune for like a month, once all goes well ill tune it for 7 or so
Old 11-13-2006

I plan on doing stage 2 turbo cam and I want to increase my rev limit into the mid-high 7k range and I will have to mess with idle so I will need the aem for that, but that will be a bit down the road especially since I plan on getting a bike next summer (was supposed to be last summer, but well, **** happens) I guess I'll just go with the pcs anyway, seems like it'll be good enough for now and by the time I get ready to do internals I'll have a much better job bringing in more cash and will just get the ems.
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

PCS All day man! chris said that customer service is awesome too!
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
Yay finally more pics! Looks good man. Can't wait to see some vids.
Old 11-13-2006
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Congrats

Uhhh which part is the turbo???????

j/K
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

BigE19 has a spectacular aura aboutBigE19 has a spectacular aura about
Nice kit. Is that cold weld over the oil pan? I dont know if i'd trust that stuff
Old 11-13-2006
Boosted 04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
joshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nice
Carefull....I see a missing slave cyl bolt. I did that to cause my line was hitting my turbo, thought it would be ok but my clutch started not grabing because it moved so much.
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Matt, If i were you i would clock the center section of the turbo more so its parallel with the ground, i also notice your missing a downpipe bolt, but it looks like it would be difficult to fit one in there. Im suprised this kit doenst come with a flex pipe, hopefully you dont crack a weld somewhere due to the engine torquing alot more now that its boosted.
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

thx everyone...
@ ex2k3: you can do all of that with the PCS XFC chris said.. it is setup just like a standalone. thats just what i was told and it kicks ***.. and they have great customer service..

@ Sujak: no im usein the 5psi base map that paul has on his web site for now. im gunna do some data logs and send them 2 chris online and he is gunna see how everything looks and tell me what i should do. and yes pcs and go online and see what u are doin while u are tunein.

@ BigE19: no its not.. its Honda Bond, you have 2 buy it cuz we dont have oil pan gaskets, u have 2 used honda bond 2 seal it back up. and chris said 2 put some around the fitting just incase so i did..

@ joshb_: yeah i know my car has had 1 missin since i got it so idk.. i ill get 1 later on if i need 2..

@ Logan3024" the turbo is fine, its sittin how it is made 2 sit. and yeah im missin 1 bolt cuz i could not get it in there cuz i had 2 put the turbo in the car and hold it under the car, while someone put my mani on the block then we bolted the turbo up, then the down pipe. and i dont think ill crack a weld, or i hope not, cuz im not gunna be runin 2 much only what stock can handle untill i get my $ up and get internals.
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

puidokas is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice pics!!!!!
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

thx man...... but as of right now the only thing im worried about it the IC pipein and stuff, i dont wanna blow a cupler.. but my friend welds so sometime im gunna get the pipes fit just right and have him weld a few of the pipes together so i can just have like the cuplers on the FMIC parts, 1 on the pipe that goes to the TB, and like 1 cupler on2 the turbo..
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DUDEitsMATTx
thx everyone..

@ Logan3024" the turbo is fine, its sittin how it is made 2 sit. and yeah im missin 1 bolt cuz i could not get it in there cuz i had 2 put the turbo in the car and hold it under the car, while someone put my mani on the block then we bolted the turbo up, then the down pipe. and i dont think ill crack a weld, or i hope not, cuz im not gunna be runin 2 much only what stock can handle untill i get my $ up and get internals.
Sorry dude, Yea the turbo looks fine but what i meant was the oil inlet/outlet should be parallel with the ground.

at "cuplers"

Last edited by Logan3024; 11-13-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

yeah well the inlet is fine. the only 1 is the outlet that needs 2 be str8 down and it is cuz the way the fittin is so.. 90 degs
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

2k2civic should not be trusted2k2civic should not be trusted
quick question...shouldn't there be a pipe off the wastegate that merges into the downpipe? I don't know that much about turbos and the such, but I'm pretty sure the wastegate blows hot exhaust out of that port.
Old 11-14-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Lookin good Matt.

My only question, and may be it's just the angle...Did you fail to install the stud and bolt we provide with the hardware for that one spot in the DP?
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

BCCentaur3 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice work. still waiting for the vids dude.

Quick Reply: Turbo Installed Now Rebuild