Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My 2003 Cobra (For ONE DAY), Lots of pictures! (56k go hide)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up My 2003 Cobra (For ONE DAY), Lots of pictures! (56k go hide)

Hey guys,

I thought I would share today with you all. My buddy swapped cars (He took my Civic) and I took his car (2003 Cobra Vert - Intake, Exhaust, 4.10s, DRs, etc.) for a whole day. It was literally mine.

We did this because I was the only one that helped him clean up his house before inspection (he was in the military). This was HIS idea.

Anyways:

Wow, first off, big THANK YOU to black_on_silver (Kamden) for giving me the privelege to drive this great car!!

So I first got the car from him and then I went and got it cleaned off. I then headed to Freeman Lake (Local spot) for some pictures:

I ended up picking up the lady and we cruised around for awhile. I had a few big "sprints" where I was hitting boost pretty damn good I only wish the blower was louder though. Future plans should fix that.
Old 10-21-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Well next I dropped my woman off and went over to Mom's to show the car to her and its potential:

This is the Cobra parked at my house, I stopped by to get some stuff before I took the car back.

So on the way there I get a challenge for a street race. 5.0 Fox 5-speed wanted a go at 3 honks so we locked it in. I pulled by about 1 to 1.5 busses the first time (wasn't in powerband on 3rd gear). Second time however, I was at 3500 RPM and we took off. I put about 2 busses on him, started to brake, he came up fast, I floored it again and put another bus on him. Hats off to the driver for the fun race.

I meet up with Kamden at DQ by Gene Snyder, and he brings my car back.. FULLY DETAILED! Hoooly **** batman. He even hit up the engine bay! Thanks dude! Kickass job!

This car sure is a people magnet!! I got TONS of people asking me to rev it, and wanted to get a sample. Lots of looks from GT / Cobra owners. I can see why there are some GT500 haters on the site. This car is pretty damn solid:

The IRS kicks ***, the Centerforce clutch is great, and the 4.10s are pretty damn nice! 1st gear comes and goes QUICK. So does 2nd.

My only complaint is the seatbelt placement: Its too far back and hard to reach IMO.

Other than that, I am EXTREMELY pleased with the car and will definitely consider a Cobra Vert in the future. The performance is neck snapping, yet the car is subtle enough to be driven every day. Ford did a great job with this one!

Thanks for reading, and more importantly thanks again for giving me one of the best days I've had in a L O N G time.

John

EDIT: Here is an exhaust clip!! Click here to watch Cobra-13-75 (7.5 MB)