Somebody just busted my rear side window... - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2006   #1  
Registered!!

spilot will become famous soon enoughspilot will become famous soon enough
Somebody just busted my rear side window...

...on my 2-door EX. He/she/they tried to get my cd player out, but couldn't. Nothing got stolen, so I'm thinking it would be cheaper to go around my insurance company, and $250 deductable? Would my insurance rate go up (since it's not an accident, and it wasn't my fault i don't see why it should, but knowing those scammers....) Any tips from experienced with that sort of thing, or any word of advice? How much does it cost etc. Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited by spilot; 10-13-2006 at 12:29 AM.
spilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #2  
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
Same thing happened to me 2 days ago... except it was both of my front door windows. I don't have full coverage anymore, only liability, so it came out of my own pocket to fix it. Only cost me $250 for both windows, installed. As for insurance rate going up, I'm not sure, but if you can get it fixed for cheaper than your deductible then do that for sure. Rear side window to get your deck? What an idiot! Was he trying to get like a regular walkman CD player? What an idiot.

You got it better than me. I got my entire radio bezel taken out, sub and amp taken, and my camcorder... Anyway, I feel you. **** happens. Good luck.
sKwiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #3  
Registered!!

02droppedex is an unknown quantity at this point
Insurance shouldn't go up. It is filed under comprehensive. But it all depends on your insurance company. When my ride got broken into both times I didn't have any raises in my insurance. That sucks bout your ride.
02droppedex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #4  
Registered!!

russo-r34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Your insurance will not change at all. My car got broken into about three months ago, where my TV, Deck, PS2 and V-tech controller and Autometer Gauges were stolen. I am with TD Bank and i have full coverage, unfortunately my deductable is 500 Canadian. Well... not only did they pay for everything that got stolen, also paid for my rental for two weeks, because my door locks had to be replaced and doors repainted. My rate did not change at all.
russo-r34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #5  
RHCP0801 is my hero

1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute
^^Vtech controller eh, whered you get yours!
1sykcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #6  
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
time to invest in a chainsaw and bazooka...if i only catch them ****'s in the act...they will make a documentary then movie called civic chainsaw massacre...
simplicated1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006   #7  
Registered!!

russo-r34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sykcivic View Post
^^Vtech controller eh, whered you get yours!
APEXi
russo-r34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006   #8  
Registered!!

Boods is an unknown quantity at this point
My car was broken into last week, and they took my deck, amp and sub and some other stuff... now my stock radio doesnt have power so i cant use that, and my power door locks only work when the car is running.

did u guys have the same problems with locks and such?
Boods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006   #9  
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
why would u file an insurance claim for a single window...its like less than $100 for a rear quarter window
ragingSPAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006   #10  
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplicated1979 View Post
time to invest in a chainsaw and bazooka...if i only catch them ****'s in the act...they will make a documentary then movie called civic chainsaw massacre...
Buahahaha...and i thought i was the only person to think of devious ways of killing people for trying to touch my car.
Repped!! ++
Suzy Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #11  
Registered!!

Kaden_23 is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't claim it, even though it is not your fault your insurance will go up.
Kaden_23 is offline   Reply With Quote