Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Who Says We Cant Do 135?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gearbox
ive had to drive at 5k rpms for at least 30 mins climbing mountains. my car is still fine. just keep it below redline and its fine. the engine was made for it.

The engine was not made for high rpms all the time! That just sounds crazy!! The redline is to prevent you from blowing the motor while driving yes, but the damage that is done over a prolonged period from high rpms, and overrevs will damage internal engine parts. Causing the car problems over the years. Thats common sense!!
Old 09-11-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well its been 4 yrs and the motor sounds awesome so idk. what can you do if you need to at least maintain 55mph and everyone still honks behind you? i guess buy a better car
Old 09-11-2006
Registered!!

civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
well its been 4 yrs and the motor sounds awesome so idk. what can you do if you need to at least maintain 55mph and everyone still honks behind you? i guess buy a better car

I see your point about going uphill. And not for nothing, but you only had the car 4 years, and your tuned, so that also makes a difference! I would say if your a ricey type person who likes to use their "high rpm vtec" , then blow her sky high
Old 09-11-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
well they deserve it than, stupid ricers
Old 09-11-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i love vtec! haha but yea i rarely go past 4k rpm normally. sometimes you gotta open it up and let that engine work. and no im not tuned, stock ecu which is plenty rich.
Old 09-11-2006
Registered!!

i love vtec! haha but yea i rarely go past 4k rpm normally. sometimes you gotta open it up and let that engine work. and no im not tuned, stock ecu which is plenty rich.

My bad, hey do what cha gotta do, it is good to open them out now and then just 135 is extreme!!
Old 09-11-2006
Premium Member

oh yea ive taken it to 100 no problem and the engine wanted to keep going. but wont do it again due to cops. thats too big a risk to be caught. plus civics werent designed to go that fast for long periods.
Old 09-12-2006
If Your Reading This Your Dee Dee Dee

Bad_Civc is an unknown quantity at this point
well as a side project of mine ive been slowly collecting parts for a k24/k20 hybrid build..

ive finally got everything even tho its going to be a all stock motor and stuff thrown in..

k24 motor
k20 head
k20a3 tranny
k20a3 radiator
si brakes and rear discs
got RSX type S springs and struts for a slightly stiffer ride
the hasport mounts
all the stuff ready
all i need is time to do it...

the 135 mph was done on 44E heading into oklahoma city...with very light traffic ...

im ready for the swap and all i need to do is check into the base hobby shop and go to town.. ive got the DIY k20 swap printed even tho im doing a k24...

i got all the parts rebuilt to ensure good performance.. i just never said anything about it because im debating on whether or not to do the swap due to my wife being pregnant.. i dont know if i want to have a kid and make a young baby bounce around from my car being lowered and having a big motor.. she has a 05 g6 4dr and it will work fine for the kid but i was thinking what happens if one day the car is in the shop or totaled or some unforseen circumstance and i had to go in my car.. i wouldnt want my kid to have neck problems... my car is lowered with goldline springs and tokico blues and it bounces even tho i seem to think its the road causing it most of the time..

if i do the swap ill prolly buy a beater 90's accord 4dr and drive it and keep the civic around as the play toy... but if i decide not to then its gone.. and the motor and all that is been spoken for....

so if i dont do the swap then theres no me selling the motor over 7th gen because ive already talked to a friend who has an 03 lx em2 and hes called dibs on the entire swap if i cant... hes got the cash for it saved cuz he was going to buy a k20 swap but i told him to wait before he bought it in case i decided to sell so hes giving me 6 grand for a complete k24 swap and my help in doing it...but everything is rebuilt and fresh.. he offered that too me but ive got roughly 5700 bucks in it myself..

but its whatever... my d17 on the other hand is 100% stock .. i got tired of dodging puddles of water so put the stock intake back on..
Old 09-12-2006
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome man. Its nice to see that someone else is pushing the limits. As long as it is just you in the car and you are on a deserted road, all the power to you. But if you are going those speeds with other people in the car, then that is just stupid..

anyway good job, ive been there ...

Old 09-12-2006

Originally Posted by prccivic
awesome man. Its nice to see that someone else is pushing the limits. As long as it is just you in the car and you are on a deserted road, all the power to you. But if you are going those speeds with other people in the car, then that is just stupid..

anyway good job, ive been there ...

there was only like 4 cars on the road .. but they werent in my way until i began slowing down.. i started then got to speed then i took like 4 pics and then slowed down.. the 135 one i posted is about the only one thats pretty legible
Old 09-12-2006
The Jackal

dajackal will become famous soon enoughdajackal will become famous soon enough
i've posted a topic on this before but just showing some evidence that our car can go 140+
and to even make it reach that speed faster....mods will be needed. affordable and street legal

Last edited by dajackal; 09-12-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-12-2006
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ nice, i was gonna make it there, but got scared and backed off...boo for me
Old 09-12-2006
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah..its just something you gotta do once..I wouldnt do it again.
Old 09-12-2006
Registered!!

speedster0011 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol......civics r wack, yeah it can go 130+ but how many years did it take to get there? try doing 155
Old 09-13-2006
Registered!!

EM2 Shinobi is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm, my car can get up to 130 fairly quick, i got it to 140 once it took about 1.5-2 minutes to get their from 130, ( and it was not downhill or any **** normal level road here in sac) Held it there for a little while but not for too long.

Originally Posted by speedster0011
lol......civics r wack, yeah it can go 130+ but how many years did it take to get there? try doing 155
Cars are wack fool, they can go like 160+ dependeing on the car but just jump in a SR-71 and do Mach 3+

Last edited by EM2 Shinobi; 09-13-2006 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-13-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
most car speedometers are pretty inaccurate after 80mph, so i doubt you were actually going 135

Last edited by genexrocket; 09-13-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 09-13-2006
Registered!!

speedster0011 is an unknown quantity at this point
i got my type s going 155 on the 2 north freeway, which is an uphill freeway....and my 1.8t... i maxed out at 150 on the same freeway..just took longer bcuz gti isnt built for highend performance....more for 0-60 as to the type s, got there way quicker
Old 09-14-2006
A03
Registered!!

A03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by speedster0011
i got my type s going 155 on the 2 north freeway, which is an uphill freeway....and my 1.8t... i maxed out at 150 on the same freeway..just took longer bcuz gti isnt built for highend performance....more for 0-60 as to the type s, got there way quicker
With your previous post about your opinion on civics, and your list of current vehicles - Why did you join a Honda Civic web forum?

Did you own a civic at some point in time, or are you here strictly to hassle us and explain how other vehicles are superior to our economy cars?

On the original topic - my 03 auto runs out of stink before 120 (115-118 range). It feels unsteady at that speed, so it rarely sees above 90 in normal operation. Maybe I got a slow one, or maybe I had a headwind the day I tested it. Econoboxes are just not meant for speed.
Old 09-14-2006
Registered!!

civic-king is an unknown quantity at this point
you guys are lucky bastards!! my speed limmiter kicks at 118. (180 km) it's lame!! i've spent 4 years tring to get rid of that crap!!! i've got all wiring diagrams for my car, and i can;t figure out what to do to stop that limmiter. i bought a rsm from apexi because it was supost to rectify this, but it didn't. i am thinking of buying a limmiter cut from hks, but it's expencive, and i can't find anyone who's bought one for a 7th gen civic, and hks has not tested it on our cars. any of you speeders have a speed limmiter cut of some kind? it's strange that some limmit, and some don't...........
Old 09-14-2006
Registered!!

kumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the rough
hmm full tank of gas.. u must be loaded .... my gas light is on almost everytime im driving..... :'(
Old 09-14-2006

Originally Posted by kumanan
hmm full tank of gas.. u must be loaded .... my gas light is on almost everytime im driving..... :'(
lol .. i was on the way to oklahoma city from altus ( roughly 1 hr 45 min drive at normal speeds)

i give my civic a full tank and drive it to 1/4 then nickel and dime it ( 5 here 10 there ) until the next pay day ..

i used to deliver pizza at 1/4 or less.. for some odd reason i get great mileage at full to 3/4 & 1/4 to E .. but whatever..

140 in a civc is nice.... i had 2 people in the car (both weighed 160 a piece ) and the full tank .. so it went 135 and i let off .. because i saw traffic in the near distance.. but 140 is good i guess.. i didnt think it had 135 in it ..
Old 09-14-2006
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by isuzu5000
^^VERY MUCH AGREED!!! its doenst matter what kinda car it is consecutive high revs will damage your engine...so lemmie ask you badcivic---when does your fuel cut off kick in?

ah unless you have an rx7.. them rotaries make the power up there and like to stay up there yet at 1qt of oil everytime you fill up your tank... ill stick w my honda

OH YEA buy Falkens.. dont run daytons
Old 09-15-2006
Forum Asshat

Endemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to behold
i done 141mph on traffic downhills.. automatic FTW!

nah i am not lying heres pic:
Old 09-15-2006
Registered!!

Wow, i didnt know an auto could do that, especially a dx or whatever you got, dont look like a ex. Thats too fast for me!!
Old 09-15-2006
Forum Asshat

Endemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to beholdEndemic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by civydcex
Wow, i didnt know an auto could do that, especially a dx or whatever you got, dont look like a ex. Thats too fast for me!!
its DX and yeah me too i thought it wont gonna happens on downhill but it happened... its crazy haha
Old 09-15-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
your pic looks chopped
Old 09-15-2006

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
141???? yea nice try...thats definatley chopped
Old 09-15-2006
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by boricua_civic
your pic looks chopped
I would bet my life on it, I opened it in Photoshop and its 100% Fake You can see the low quality work so clear its like he didn't even try to hide it...
Old 09-15-2006

i think you should leave this site forever endemic...from your stupid driving around with no hood thread and your "secret" suspension to this, a chopped pic of an auto doing 141 mph....GTFO
Old 09-15-2006
Forum Asshat

how? i took a pic during i drifted behind the hatch with h22 on downhill... it worked.. without drifts and it will be like around 130..

Quick Reply: Who Says We Cant Do 135?