Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Just out of the bodyshop

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
i'd have to disagree...if Drew went out and got airbrushing to try to make his car look like it was glowing, he'd get flamed just as well. but, since drew has more sense than that, and knows what he likes, he doesn't do something like that. I admire the idea, but -10 for the execution, i just don't think it lives up to the mental expectations everybody had.....
Old 08-21-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
im sure it looks better in person. its different yea, not my style but at least its not too bad.
Old 08-21-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
it could look better in person. all im sayin is dont be to hard on the guy for it. cause you never know what it is going to look like when he finishes what he has in his mind. if i listened to everyones opinion in here i would have blacked out lights with amber inserts, sidemarkers, and some time of rotas. oh and 04 tails. i dont have any of that. cause i got my own vision in my head and never once have i had someone say they didnt like my car.
Old 08-22-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CenZ
hahahahaha. yeah. thats why i say when he does more to his car it will look better. its like that guy from canada with the 19" chrome rims and air ride. everyone hated his car when he first started on it. now people like it when he is more complete. i dont think he will ever be done. i dont know his name something like Kuhmo or something. lol
i disagree... i still dislike his car very much. and i dont care who it was, if someone riced out their car, i wouldnt sugar coat it, i'd tell them that it looks ghey.
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

Tnsmongoose is an unknown quantity at this point
i have no idea who the heck painted your car or bumper but i would be finding a layer to get your money back why the hell would they paint the grills while it was on the bumper ... rule of thumb paint the grills install on bumper....
Old 08-22-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tnsmongoose
i have no idea who the heck painted your car or bumper but i would be finding a layer to get your money back why the hell would they paint the grills while it was on the bumper ... rule of thumb paint the grills install on bumper....
we already got past the fact that we are pretty sure it was intentional
Old 08-22-2006
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
The green looks somewhat out of place. I'd find a way to integrate it a bit more like throw in some green neon in your vents or something along that line to flow with it a bit more. It looks good though I will definately give you points for unique.
Old 08-22-2006
PWIT

thats what im sayin. it looks out of place cause the rest of the car is stock. when he does more it will look better im sure.
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

7GenEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Its aight only cuz i like green but only if it was a green neon, not green mesh gotta be a ricer
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
im not gonna read through 5 pages, i just dont understand the overspray on the green?
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

kumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by CenZ
hahahahaha. yeah. thats why i say when he does more to his car it will look better. its like that guy from canada with the 19" chrome rims and air ride. everyone hated his car when he first started on it. now people like it when he is more complete. i dont think he will ever be done. i dont know his name something like Kuhmo or something. lol

lol yea thas my car. when i first had my car with silver with the huge hood scoop and ****.. people hated on it i was being flamed in like 2-3 threads in the same hour lol. Now that its changed up a lot, people like it more, but there are still people that think its gay.. but wutever its my car... and most of the ppl from 7thgencivic/torontocivics have a change of heart when they see it in person. ask ashton P who came and bought rsx seats from me last night or Shaman. I think what most people hate on my car is the chrome and kamelion house of kolor flakes in the paint.

as for this guys car... its his car..if he likes it, keep it. all depends on what ur trying to achieve. i guess you gotta go thru this kinda thing to understand what lokos gay and what doesnt. Imp retty sure this guy is gonna get those green spots painted black within a month or two.
Old 08-22-2006
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
A for effort but its just not my stlye it will probably look good once its all said and done. good luck with the project and dont listin to tool bags just remember its your car its your call!
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

dragon-vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
don't get mad...but it's not my stile...
Old 08-22-2006
PWIT

style ^^

ruff, the overspray i think is suppose to be a glowing effect.
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

j182j has a spectacular aura aboutj182j has a spectacular aura aboutj182j has a spectacular aura about
CenZ thanks for correcting everyone on the "overspray" I am trying to add more stuff to the car to make it not look so out of place but I only have some much money. Thanks to all who dont just flame
Old 08-22-2006
420 Member

BlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura about
I cant say I really like it but at least ur different I guess, and if hayz put bleachers on the back of his car I wouldnt ever stop flaming him until he took them off....no one one really needs bleachers on there civic except for the guy with the car that runs 2 bucks+ in the his civic
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by j182j
CenZ thanks for correcting everyone on the "overspray" I am trying to add more stuff to the car to make it not look so out of place but I only have some much money. Thanks to all who dont just flame
well if you only have a limited amount of money, you should fix up you car in a certain order. What i think you should do is at least drop it first. Then get some rims. Then you can put on a body kit. Maybe if you did it in that order, it would have turned out a lot better
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

j182j has a spectacular aura aboutj182j has a spectacular aura aboutj182j has a spectacular aura about
I am still trying to decide what rims to get and I dont want to drop it until i get the rims. thanks for the input
Old 08-22-2006
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
whats your ultimate goal for your car? from the looks of it id say show is that right? if so i think ur well on ur way alot of people love stuff thats different and well what you have is very very different
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

I want a car that you could see at a show but still be able to drive it and drag it.
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
I am still trying to decide what rims to get and I dont want to drop it until i get the rims. thanks for the input
If i could give some advice...get COILOVERS. that could be one of the best investments you can make on your car. You won't have to worry about which rims to get or this or that since you can adjust them to however you like it.

if you don't track your car or anything just get the TEIN BASICS or get the B&G full coilovers. any of those and you're set man

I've had my basics for over 4 years now and i love them

Last edited by D5cIvIc; 08-22-2006 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

Thanks for the tip where is the cheapest place to pick those up?
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

honestly i can't help you there. The last time i bought these were from a shop my friend use to work at for 800 picked up. He since then moved on to another job. So sorry i can't help you. Don't do ebay though. I wouldn't trust ebay on these kind of things unless its from a very very reputable seller. Just search around the site. I know truehonda sells them, but don't know if the price is what you're willing to pay.

Expect to pay 800+ though, but trust me, they are well worth it. i thought i would never have to adjust my car, but i ended up adjusting the ride height over 5 times in the last 4 years. 5 times might not be a lot, but i finally got my perfect drop for my new rims.
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shifty is on a distinguished road
id say take it back....lol
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
um, sorry but, rice!
Old 08-23-2006

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough

Understand ya completely on having short funds... I went out and took out a loan from the bank to get a lot of my stuff done. This year alone I've dropped almost 10 g's into my car. Building up a show car gets really expensive. Be patient and understand that especially with show cars you will get flamed.

It's funny drop a new exhaust system for race and it's badass. Drop a new exhaust system for show and it's rice... Gotta love the irony. Especially in this forum you need to have thick skin. Don't let people get to you because then you are screwed. All in all remember that opinions are like *******s... Everyone has one.

Find a way to integrate the bright green and it will flow a whole lot better. Look into some green vinyl or paint other pieces green, but do something to flow it a bit better. For example on my car I have a chameleon style pearl and then I threw in bright blue tribals. Alone it'd be out of place, but now I've also had my calipers and drums painted the same color as well as all my interior and engine trim pieces.

It's badass to go out and do something different, and the judges will love ya for being innovative, IF you find a way to have it flow. Having been in the show scene for about 2 years now heed my advice on this. If whatever you are doing doesn't flow with the general concept of your car, it doesn't matter how much money you have spent on it, you will get docked points.

K well enough of my long *** rambling, if you ever need any help or ideas, feel free to hit me up. I'm possibly one of the few on here that won't flame someone because of their ideas or choices.
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by notoriouspyro
Understand ya completely on having short funds... I went out and took out a loan from the bank to get a lot of my stuff done. This year alone I've dropped almost 10 g's into my car. Building up a show car gets really expensive.

omg...that is absolutely the dumbest thing ever. you are S-T-U-P-I-D.

taking out a loan to buy mods for your car? your financial strategy makes my brain hurt.
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
its an expensive hobby, everyone has a different approach to it. Alot of the cars featured on magazines do the same thing. Not smart, but then again everything on my car including the car itself is paid off and i still think at times it was stupid putting all this money into a civic :-|
Old 08-23-2006

Originally Posted by pbfoot
omg...that is absolutely the dumbest thing ever. you are S-T-U-P-I-D.

taking out a loan to buy mods for your car? your financial strategy makes my brain hurt.
When I require assistance in spending my money I'll definately hit you up, until then, my job, my money, my business...

Thank you and have a nice day...
Old 08-23-2006
Dain Bramaged.

jester444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not gonna lie, I was very frightened and confused when I saw the picture. But after reading the thread, I understand. Kind of. As long as you keep with it, make it flow, the car has potential. It definitely needs a drop and rims, but I've seen worse. At least you've got a quality job done. Like others have said, just add more to the car to make the green flow with the overall aesthetic appeal. Aesthetics are probably the most controversial thing as far as building cars is concerned. With performance, you've got numbers to show which parts are the best and why. Aesthetically, it's all taste. People's taste varies, and therefore not everyone will like the car.

Keep up the work, man. Just don't let the car die out. Keep building.

Quick Reply: Just out of the bodyshop