Some night and a vid(video is fixed)Tial BOV DezodV3 - Page 3 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2006   #61  
Registered!!

RussEXT is an unknown quantity at this point
I really cant say anything about the e-manage yet because i havent
tuned with a shop I just got a base map running know. when i see you on line
i will repost my vid.
RussEXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #62  
Registered!!

AznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really nice
yo that garage looks VERY familiar. Where u live at?
AznChinksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #63  
Registered!!

Burr is an unknown quantity at this point
the flutter sounds great man. didn't think i'd hear an em2 do that..ha
Burr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #64  
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light
I am in wilm NC. Ye the whole system sounds nice. It has a very low rumble to it.
WilmncChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #65  
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Yeah Chris, exhaust note is perfect IMHO

Must be that Downpipe.
dezod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #66  
A03
Registered!!

A03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Dezod/WilmncChris:

I'm not talking about the bov sound, but what makes one small turbo very noisy, and another virtually silent? Most little turbo cars seem to barely make any "turbo noise" from the outside of the vehicle. Vehicles with large turbos, or small ones spinning at high RPM I can understand hearing the turbine / movement of air... His car, with a small turbo just barely coming on to boost is making what seems like a heck of a lotta noise for what it is. The slow, but very noisy building of boost has the sound of a big turbo car slowly coming onto boost (but it would be at much higher rpm). Is this a thing you can easily explain?

Anyway, the car looks & sounds great... I'd just wish it had more bite for all the attention grabbing noises it makes!
A03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #67  
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilmncChris
Yes this is my daily driver. I got 2 other project cars but most ppl here do not like DSM's. Me and 2 of my friends are building a FWD DSM with about 12,000 of engine work and the transmission was built by John Shepard. We also have a AWD DSM that we are rebuilding.

I'm getting the worksite prepped and organized so I can slap a new engine into this baby:

My Civic will always be #2 next to this thing. My Civic looks awesome, but the Talon is pure awesomeness
01HonderCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #68  
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light
as far as the turbo size i run a t3/t4. The reason you hear the turbo is because of the double fin garrett wheels. Paul would know more
Old 08-20-2006   #69  
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by A03
Hey Dezod/WilmncChris:

I'm not talking about the bov sound, but what makes one small turbo very noisy, and another virtually silent? Most little turbo cars seem to barely make any "turbo noise" from the outside of the vehicle. Vehicles with large turbos, or small ones spinning at high RPM I can understand hearing the turbine / movement of air... His car, with a small turbo just barely coming on to boost is making what seems like a heck of a lotta noise for what it is. The slow, but very noisy building of boost has the sound of a big turbo car slowly coming onto boost (but it would be at much higher rpm). Is this a thing you can easily explain?

Anyway, the car looks & sounds great... I'd just wish it had more bite for all the attention grabbing noises it makes!
Larger turbos seem to make lots of spool noise, plain and simple. They are obnoxious are best. They are typically with much larger compressor inlets too, which is allowing for more of a vac effect than a smaller inlet, which correlates to more noise.

The turbo Chris is running is a SPA housing with Garrett wheels on it. The Garrett wheels allow for aggressive spool up on a large turbo making it a close to small turbo in power delivery.
Old 08-20-2006   #70  
Registered!!

See told you Paul is much better at the details. HAHAHAHAHA
Old 08-20-2006   #71  
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by A03
Hey Dezod/WilmncChris:

Its because the dezod turbo kit doenst come with a compressor filter, thats why its so loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezod
Larger turbos seem to make lots of spool noise, plain and simple. They are obnoxious are best. They are typically with much larger compressor inlets too, which is allowing for more of a vac effect than a smaller inlet, which correlates to more noise.

The turbo Chris is running is a SPA housing with Garrett wheels on it. The Garrett wheels allow for aggressive spool up on a large turbo making it a close to small turbo in power delivery.
How can you say that when it doenst even hit full torque until 5000 rpm?

Last edited by Logan3024; 08-20-2006 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Logan3024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #72  
Registered!!

Logan why do you always complain about the kit and its numbers???
Old 08-20-2006   #73  
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I agree. Why complain? If you think you can make a better kit, then fab it up and put it into production. If you can beat Dezod's numbers at equivilent PSI, I'll be the first to buy it.
01HonderCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #74  
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilmncChris
Logan why do you always complain about the kit and its numbers???

What did i complain about? A03 asked why your turbo is so loud and i answered.
Logan3024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #75  
Registered!!

trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough
Hey Dezod,
On your site you have two turbos. A 300hp and a 400hp 5 bolt. Chris is running the SPA 300hp right? What is the difference between the two turbos?

"Spec'd to perfection by the Dezod Development Team"??? What do you mean by that? Trim? Wheel? Sercret things?
trurace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #76  
7thgen Power Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trurace
Hey Dezod,
On your site you have two turbos. A 300hp and a 400hp 5 bolt. Chris is running the SPA 300hp right? What is the difference between the two turbos?

"Spec'd to perfection by the Dezod Development Team"??? What do you mean by that? Trim? Wheel? Sercret things?
The SPA 300 is what Chris is running. The SPA housings are kinda becoming harder to come by now that we started using these in volumes. We may be permantly switching to Innovative housings if this happens.

The SPA one is spec'd to our liking with a .Stage 1 48 A/R turbine and an agressive B Housing compressor housing, which is good for 300whp. Trim is kinda different because of the wheels we use. I would say it's like a V trim.

The Innovative housings are available in 4 bolt or 5 bolt discharge.
Old 08-21-2006   #77  
Registered!!

trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough
Do your individual turbos come with all the necessary gaskets?
Old 08-22-2006   #78  
7thgen Power Maker

Quote:
Do your individual turbos come with all the necessary gaskets?
The SPA comes with gaskets. The T-netics one does too.
Old 08-22-2006   #79  
Registered!!

I wish i had a pic of the turbo that shows in detail of what I got.
Old 08-22-2006   #80  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezod
The SPA comes with gaskets. The T-netics one does too.
Cool thats good to hear. I HATE worrying about gaskets. I haven't decided which turbo to get though. How many SPA's do you have in stock?
Old 08-22-2006   #81  
Registered!!

I would try the new housings that Paul has. But that is just me, i like to try new items
Old 08-22-2006   #82  
7thgen Power Maker

Quote:
Cool thats good to hear. I HATE worrying about gaskets. I haven't decided which turbo to get though. How many SPA's do you have in stock?
Waiting on the SPA........Been 3 weeks!!!

I have Turbonetics (in stock) and some Innovative on order.
Old 08-22-2006   #83  
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
nice whip, but why not just take it to a parking lot or deserted stretch or road??
tuningmycivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #84  
7thgen Power Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
nice whip, but why not just take it to a parking lot or deserted stretch or road??
Let me know when your ready
Old 08-25-2006   #85  
7thgen Power Maker

Chris you need to pop up another video my man.
Old 08-25-2006   #86  
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
seriously
exturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #87  
Registered!!

adishman should not be trustedadishman should not be trustedadishman should not be trusted
Nice haw much boost?
adishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006   #88  
Registered!!

[email protected] 5psi on an Automatic
Old 10-14-2006   #89  
Registered!!

puidokas is an unknown quantity at this point
When is the next vid????
puidokas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #90  
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
sounds nice!
burke420 is offline   Reply With Quote