Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

jdm rear tow hook!

Old 07-20-2006
DU MA Con Cac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Em2onCPRs is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont know but yall but i'll rocked them.. wells heres my boys car.. he got a set of benens..

^^ his car is dumpped.
Old 07-20-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
I still don't get the point of having them on.
Old 07-20-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
^ cause it's jay dee em
Old 07-20-2006
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
the point was stated, its so if you need to get towed it helps getting the car on the flat bed. think of it this way, if your slammed with a lip kit and the tow truck hooks it to the OEM tow hook. say good bye to your bumper. the cable will be like this / so when it pulls its gunna break your bumper. now im not sticking up for these saying i like them. cause i think they are ugly. but they do serve a purpose.
Old 07-20-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
most 7thgen guys are not slammed only a few of us.. i know i would deff need that im tucking rear with 15's
Old 07-20-2006
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
it serves a purpose, nuff said!! even u guys with ur ghey octane/blitz bumpers could use them.....lol
Old 07-20-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by varner88
most 7thgen guys are not slammed only a few of us.. i know i would deff need that im tucking rear with 15's
i would need it too. im tucking rear also. but im 17s. i only got a 1.5"-2.0" ground clearance.
Old 07-20-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ with blown shocks
Old 07-20-2006
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
/\/\ Hahahahahahahahahahahhahaha
Old 07-20-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
well my shocks are not blown and ive had them for a year and im tucking front and back...
Old 07-20-2006
PWIT

Originally Posted by RHCP0801
^^ with blown shocks
yeah but it tucks lol im just alittle bouncy....
Old 07-20-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Oooohhh... I get it now. That's why I would never ever ever consider getting one. I might drop my car, but not slam it.

Still looks ghey to me, though.

Last edited by ramcosca; 07-20-2006 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-20-2006
Ever Wonder What P.O.S.B.A.S. Is An Acronym For

P.O.S.B.A.S.04 will become famous soon enoughP.O.S.B.A.S.04 will become famous soon enough
ok, so it looks like a little odd but if you are lowered would it really affect you that much being pulled on to a flat bed trailer to be towed away? i know i scrapped the AAA trailers when they have had to pull me up but i don't think making the hook more obvious helps in getting clearance! so yeah, what is the point?
Old 07-20-2006
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
one of the dumbest things i ever seen. "it can serve a purpose" is a stupid comment because the thing is polished and shiny..... if you're really concerned with functionality of it then getting a regular tow hook that you cant see will work just as good. i could understand if it looked good but served no function.... but it looks stupid sticking out of a civic.
Old 07-20-2006
Words on a User Title

Making the hook more 'obvious' is so that the cable won't rip apart the bumper (OEM hook is 'inside' the bumper, so the cable has to go through all that bumper plastic to really pull up).
Old 07-20-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ramcosca
Making the hook more 'obvious' is so that the cable won't rip apart the bumper (OEM hook is 'inside' the bumper, so the cable has to go through all that bumper plastic to really pull up).

well said! lol

when it comes down to it, its 95% "for looks" (even though many people dont like it) and 5% function for that 1 day youll need to get towed. One of the guys on honda-tech had one because it held his rear lip up in the middle well lol.
Old 07-20-2006
Ever Wonder What P.O.S.B.A.S. Is An Acronym For

P.O.S.B.A.S.04 will become famous soon enoughP.O.S.B.A.S.04 will become famous soon enough
okay, i understand that but what i am not understanding is, do civics have a history of bumper damage due to being towed?
Old 07-20-2006
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
My car got a Benen right in the license plate, the car in front of her popped out of gear and rolled down the driveway....

I'm gonna get one up front too, so at least if he pops out and rolls down again, he's gonna get as good as he gave.
Old 07-20-2006
Words on a User Title

Originally Posted by ruffryde009
well said! lol
Well, you see that at least I understood!

Originally Posted by P.O.S.B.A.S.04
do civics have a history of bumper damage due to being towed?
Well, if you have an aftermarket bumper, it might. Remember that aftermarket bumpers are bigger/lower than stock ones.

Last edited by ramcosca; 07-20-2006 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-20-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
dont do it
Old 07-20-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I would love to find a car that had one of these hooks on the back. It'd make it that much easier to tie a rainbow-colored banner that says "Gay Pride FTW"
Old 07-20-2006
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
It is fine.

But why messing with a perfectly good car? without it the car can't be towed?
Old 07-20-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Alot of people also have them for track days, in which they can get used 15 times in one day if you stink at driving. Quite a few of my freinds have them so if then end up in a gravel pit or somewhere they can't drive out of, they can get pulled back in. So the people who say that don't serve a purpose arn't entirely right. You have no clue what the person who has them does with their car. And don't "assume" they don't track there car, because alot of them do. We all know what "assuming" does.
Old 07-20-2006
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
benen industries **** is the ****...period...
Old 07-20-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
it kills people....

:-D
Old 07-20-2006
balatuba

Buwisit is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ it also makes anti-jdm guys furious!
Old 07-20-2006
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
useful

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Alot of people also have them for track days, in which they can get used 15 times in one day if you stink at driving. Quite a few of my freinds have them so if then end up in a gravel pit or somewhere they can't drive out of, they can get pulled back in. So the people who say that don't serve a purpose arn't entirely right. You have no clue what the person who has them does with their car. And don't "assume" they don't track there car, because alot of them do. We all know what "assuming" does.
So if it has an advantage over the oem ring, and the person goes to track for real. Then by all means, buy it because he needs it. So he trades functionality with look.

But if the person just get it for the look then I am sorry it can't really make the car look prettier.
Old 07-20-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by blouisgod
another rice mod, imo
^ ^ ^ ^ what he said
Old 07-20-2006
DU MA Con Cac

Em2onCPRs is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Boost_Junkie
benen industries **** is the ****...period...

im with this guy benen rocks
Old 07-20-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah they are definatley rice

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: jdm rear tow hook!