Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

WS6 or EVO IX

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
evo!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2006
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice
again why is this still a thread......

WS6 FTW !!!!

plus since GM isnt bring back the TA, its value will only go up. So you cant go wrong with it.

And don't bring up the import vs domestic quality ****.
This is my first import, I've had a mustang and a buick...neither one had problems.
Old 07-03-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Values don't go up Not nowadays.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

5.0calypso93lx is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by s0ltker
again why is this still a thread......

WS6 FTW !!!!

plus since GM isnt bring back the TA, its value will only go up. So you cant go wrong with it.

And don't bring up the import vs domestic quality ****.
This is my first import, I've had a mustang and a buick...neither one had problems.
Agreed x 100000.

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Values don't go up Not nowadays.
Huh? You can see into the future? I can def. see a WS6's value going up in the next couple years, being that its in high demand, and they didn't make too many.

Here's a sample of what that ws6 will do:

http://media.putfile.com/HANGMAN-vs-LEO

Or how about a twin turbo T/A but otherwise stock vs. Single Turbo converted 94 Supra with other mods:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIoVA...rch=trans%20am

Last edited by 5.0calypso93lx; 07-03-2006 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-03-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
While the value might rise a little, granted, I can't see it going up EXPONENTIALLY, such as classic cars. So the value argument is quite moot. But don't get the idea I'm defending the Evo, as I think either is a good choice.
Old 07-03-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
actually my sisters boyfrreinds 2002 CE WS6 went up in value from the sticker of $36grand to right at $41grand. since there have been like 6 wrecked out of 2000. plus it only has 2900miles on it.
Old 07-03-2006
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice
yea my buddys WS6 went up in value also.

and to the guy that posted the turbo TA video, I saw one at my local track and almost creamed myself...best sounding car IMO.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by s0ltker
yea my buddys WS6 went up in value also.

and to the guy that posted the turbo TA video, I saw one at my local track and almost creamed myself...best sounding car IMO.
I think they can sound good at times, but usually i hate the way the fake dual exhaust sounds on vettes/camaros/ta's. I wish they would go to a true dual exhaust, that big muffler in the back just doesn't work. And i also hate the sound of them with cutouts. But i have heard some killer sounding camaros, vettes, and t/a's. All depends on the exhaust.
Old 07-04-2006
- hella tite y0 -

Originally Posted by 5.0calypso93lx
I think they can sound good at times, but usually i hate the way the fake dual exhaust sounds on vettes/camaros/ta's. I wish they would go to a true dual exhaust, that big muffler in the back just doesn't work. And i also hate the sound of them with cutouts. But i have heard some killer sounding camaros, vettes, and t/a's. All depends on the exhaust.
true true my brother used to have a 94 s/c z28 with magnaflow exhaust...sounded some freaking bad ***..i'll try and find a video of it later.
Old 07-05-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Day_Tripper
All I can say about the EVO is that I have several friends with them and it's one new clutch after another the tranny is not strong enough for even the stock horsepower... so if you plan on touching it at all and voiding your warrenty get ready to save for new clutches...

thats pretty crazy, i heard the trannies dont last, but my boys in his is still stock, and he launches and beats the **** out of it everyday. and NOT 1 problem. and he is around 500hp.
Old 07-05-2006
Registered!!

KYjerry414 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would go with the WS6.
Old 07-05-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
I change my vote to WS6
Old 07-05-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
Ive decided on the WS6, im not getting the one I saw because I want T-Tops, maybe a convertable if I can find a manual one. But its like 20grand cheaper than an EVO, I know the car well, and is fast as hell right out of the box. For the extra 20 grand I can get the bigger bike I want, modify the WS6 a little bit and still have money left over.
Old 07-05-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

atleast youll have a sweet bike thou.
Old 07-05-2006
Registered!!

Good choice, now you can spend the extra money on mods, not fixing the car....
Old 07-05-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

Not lookig to have a heavily modified car again. The civic was enough for that. But a nice set of headers and full Borla exhaust would be nice. and of course a nice sound system.
Old 07-05-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ajhdragon
Not lookig to have a heavily modified car again. The civic was enough for that. But a nice set of headers and full Borla exhaust would be nice. and of course a nice sound system.
I've heard that before, LOL.
Old 07-05-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

Originally Posted by 5.0calypso93lx
I've heard that before, LOL.
yeah then all the sudden I run my nitrious system and have to updgrade the axels, because of to much torque with the slicks I already have. Then updrage the tranny gears while im at it since i'll be able ot handle more torque. Then I get into raceing cars again. And it not fast enough, so I opt for a rear axel mount turbo setup. then before you know it im on the street corner getting the back of my knees licked by wierdo's to pay for internals.
Old 07-05-2006
Registered!!

yeah then all the sudden I run my nitrious system and have to updgrade the axels, because of to much torque with the slicks I already have. Then updrage the tranny gears while im at it since i'll be able ot handle more torque. Then I get into raceing cars again. And it not fast enough, so I opt for a rear axel mount turbo setup. then before you know it im on the street corner getting the back of my knees licked by wierdo's to pay for internals.
But then you remember its a T/A and not an Evo, and figure out you don't have to upgrade the axels and tranny because they are already strong to begin with. I'd say a good h/c/i kit, and some nitrous with some d/r's, and you've got a 10 second ride.
Old 07-05-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

they stock axels are good up to around 500whp, rear end good to about 650whp, tranny up to 800whp.
Old 07-05-2006
Registered!!

SilverVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
f-bodys are the stuff. the drivetrain is stong enough to handle up to about 500hp....now the only weak link is the ls1 valve springs, but with a new cam and springs the problem is fixed. yeah and evo may get it off the line, but stock to stock the ws6 is faster!!! also nothing is like have torque and smoky burnouts!!! oh yeah the ls1 is a bolt on happy engine!!! for example with just long tube headers the ls1 will pick up about 20-25hp at the wheels, with cat back about 10-15 at the wheels, and a full cold air about 10hp....now thats not even thinking about internal stuff!!! it will easly run 12s no problem stock with just some drag radials, now with mods also...you are even closer to 11s. the car and engine is amazing....get it!!!!
Old 07-05-2006
Registered!!

MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough
they stock axels are good up to around 500whp, rear end good to about 650whp, tranny up to 800whp.
A stock 10 bolt good for 650whp? I've heard that the stock 10 bolt is the weak point for most f-bodies. Everyone on ls1tech preaches about upgrading to atleast a 12 bolt, especially for a m6. I'm not saying you're wrong but i've heard others things.
Old 07-05-2006
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
It really wouldn't be worth it to get the EVO then you would get more power with the WS6 and the EVO's warrenty would be dead the second you touch it so paying the extra cash for a car with a warrenty would be pointless.
Old 07-05-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by AzNFoRLiFe
A stock 10 bolt good for 650whp? I've heard that the stock 10 bolt is the weak point for most f-bodies. Everyone on ls1tech preaches about upgrading to atleast a 12 bolt, especially for a m6. I'm not saying you're wrong but i've heard others things.
Thats wierd because i was just about to say the same thing. I still never understood why gm used the 10 bolt in the camaro's and t/a's. All v8 mustangs always came with an 8.8, and those are nearly indestructible. About every other part will fail before an 8.8. It just seems to make more sense that they would use a 12 bolt or whatever else they have that is stronger than a 10 bolt.

But the reason i said it would be sufficient before, is because he said he would just throw exhaust on it and be done.
Old 07-05-2006
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Two vastly different cars but I have always wanted a Trans Am, my favorite muslce car. The best looking modern muscle car too IMO.

EVO 9 is a beast and sets itself apart from the previous models, but you can't snap out the rear like in the STi so it wouldn't be as fun.

Go for the WS6, a true collector's item
Old 07-06-2006
Registered!!

trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough
Im am also in the market for a car. I thought about the EVO IX, the EVO's exterior is beautiful but the interior is trash. So I think I am going to go with an STI or a 330i

P.S. I say go with the WS6 or drop the EVO and go with an STI
Old 07-06-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by trurace
Im am also in the market for a car. I thought about the EVO IX, the EVO's exterior is beautiful but the interior is trash. So I think I am going to go with an STI or a 330i

P.S. I say go with the WS6 or drop the EVO and go with an STI
IMO, i think both the sti and evo are wayyyyyy overpriced. How bout a 350z?
Old 07-07-2006
Registered!!

spudracer326 is an unknown quantity at this point
fyi you can get a evo rs out the door for 25k...not 36k....I say evo because i hate ws6's...they are ugly....poorly made and handle like garbage...My dad has an evo and I am going to place an order for a evo here in a week or two....THe evo handles much better compared to my sisters ss camaro and is much quicker to 60 and for that matter to any speed...I know its not the same car but close enough....the problem here is I think all of 1 or two people have actually driven let alone ridden in either of these cars..so i dont think there opinions should matter...they are basing there opinions on what theyve heard not what they have experianced...having driven both and driven both hard for that matter I can confidently say your making a mistake getting the ws6....the evo is a truly superiotr car imo...if you like the f bodies then go for it but imo you are buying the wrong car...also for those going through clutches like crazy in there evs its because they are moorons and launch there car on the stock clutch...the clutch is the evos known weakness and is easly fixed by taking it easy on the starts...or going aftermarket....if your smart thoguh there is no reason you cant get 45k miles outa the clutch...

ohh and 350z are teh gay.....way overrated...

Last edited by spudracer326; 07-07-2006 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-07-2006
Registered!!

trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough
IMO I think the EVO IX is over priced. It's like what 32,000, and it has that trash hole interior (sorry im not a really big fan of the evo's interior). The RS is a pretty good deal IMO.

But the EVO does make really easy power

What about a G35

Last edited by trurace; 07-07-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-07-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

yes a completly stripped down EVO can go for around 26-27 but who the hell wants an RS? but as for a WS6 being trash? the LS1 is an extremly powerful and reliable motor. And has an amazing drive train to go with it. The interior is nice, yes the handeling isn't all that great comapred to alot of other cars, but the looks and power more than make up for it. And i have driven both cars fyi mr.noob guy. The EVO is quicker 0-60 because of its AWD, but stock for stock stands no chance after 80mph, a WS6 on slicks will kill and EVO as well. Only reason why I was looking at thm is because that is what I would be buying new. But don't feel like dropping 36grand because I would be getting an MR, not the stripped down RS.

Quick Reply: WS6 or EVO IX