Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

04' LX Sedan, should I get rims???

Old 06-08-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheGodfather10 is an unknown quantity at this point
04' LX Sedan, should I get rims???

I have the 2004 LX Sedan (the popular magnesium grey colour) , and I would like to put some rims on it. Will it look ridiculous if i put 18's on it? (too high sort of thing, approaching rice) is the jump from 17" to 18" really worth it visually?

I am unable to answer these questions myself because I cannot find many examples of people with '04 civc lx sedans with clean wheels who specify whether they have lowered or not. Btw I have no plans to lower my car, all I want to do is tint and wheels.

If any one has some examples of sedans that have been done right, nice and clean, could you please post em up.

Im sorry if I sound like a noob, some answers would be appreciated

Thanks
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

PCaly2112 is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought 18's looked nice and clean on my car. When I get home from work I'll post a picture or two up. I was lowered on eibach sportlines w/ stock struts at the time... since then have been going through a rebuild so I don't have any recent. (sold wheels, Tein SS-P's installed, bunch of little stuff for now)

EDIT::: So I should've read that more closely, you may not want to lower it now, but once you put wheels on it you are going to want to. If you dont' want a huge drop, go with Eibach Pro-kit only a 1" drop, not a bad ride or anything, and it gets rid of that wheel gap that so few people low. Again, when i'm back from work Ill send you some pictures of mine on eibach sportlines, i might have pictures of mine on pro-kit as well, i don't remember.

Last edited by PCaly2112; 06-09-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
IF you're not lowered, I think that anything beyond 17 will look kind of silly... not sure though
Old 06-09-2006
Creative Mind Extraodinare

Graphicdude will become famous soon enoughGraphicdude will become famous soon enough
you are goign to lower your car once you put rims on it. You are going to look at your ride after they are on, see the enormous wheel gap, say "WTF???" and buy some springs. IMO
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

Civorama is an unknown quantity at this point
yes ido it i just got home from having my new rims put on ill post pics whenits a bit darker out but they are 17" adr battle exe's inblack it looks awesome imo but thats because it smine lol but ill post pics
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
i think with any set of rims, it looks silly not to drop it. i dont have a sedan so i won't post pics, but i am lowered on 18s.
Old 06-09-2006
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
i'm lowered on 15s...steelies

i say get drop first, then rims. any car (read: not suv, truck, other heavy duty vehicle) with aftermarket wheels but no drop looks funky.
Old 06-09-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
I can attest to all of these reports of big wheels w/ no drop... I thought it looked acceptable at first, but now I hate it and I'm getting my Pro Kit installed this weekend
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

every time I suggest a drop to some one they say, its expensive. I then feel it is not worth it. I have seen the prices for the springs and they are not bad at all, does any one have a ball park price range for installation. I am not planning on spending any more than 3grand on my car for now. btw I am from Canada, I don’t know how much of a difference this makes for labour cost in the shop.
Old 06-09-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
^^^I recently made a thread asking that question
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=265026
Old 06-09-2006
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

E®ik will become famous soon enoughE®ik will become famous soon enough
Most shops will charge an hourly rate of $70 and up and they usually charge an hour a corner.

If you have mechanically savy friends, buy them a case of beer and help them do the work. It's not really that hard.
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

and from what I hear 1" can make all the difference? it just seems so small a change. I am slowly moving towards getting a drop if the price is right. wheels $1500, tint $200, drop $800??? I am thinking of checking out e-bay for wheels and springs do you recommend this or is this not advisable to do?
Old 06-09-2006

$800 for a drop??!!! Are you insane?? LOL!!! Neuspeed sports are not that expensive. You might even find a set for under $200 if you know where to look. I paid alot for mine 3 years ago, but I learned my lesson. If you have ever purchased off of e-bay and feel secure doing it then go ahead. I have never personally purchased anything off e-bay. If the seller has good reputation, then go for it. But shop around local shops too, and compare prices. Be smart with your money. Don't go for the first chioce. Alot of times if you goto a shop and purchase rims, rubber and springs they will cut you a deal, check that out as well. As far as the size of drop, I have 1.75" front and 1.5" rear and I have no problems driving in snow in the winter. You should be fine with a drop of 2" if you wanted.
Old 06-09-2006
I like my commute

and from what I hear 1" can make all the difference? it just seems so small a change. I am slowly moving towards getting a drop if the price is right. wheels $1500, tint $200, drop $800??? I am thinking of checking out e-bay for wheels and springs do you recommend this or is this not advisable to do?
Well I live in the white mountains of New Hampshire and the roads are less than perfect so I dont want too bumpy a ride, not to mention the winters. All I really want out of a drop is eliminate the fender gap and make whipping around corners more fun It's your choice to go lower but you will sacrifice some ride comfort as well as increased risk of bottoming out/damaging wheels.
Old 06-09-2006

I say the stiffer the better.
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

When I first read the "$800 for a drop??!!" I was getting ready for you to say it is way to low a figure, so you mean to tell me they shop isn’t gonna charge the hell out of me for the labour? As far as the ride height I want it like kevbotron... I just want to eliminate the ridiculous looking gap between the fender and wheel. So let’s say I get 18" rims, what is the best recommended drop? I Do not want it too look so too obvious, I’m sure this is a very popular question.
Old 06-09-2006

oh sorry I thought you meant $800 JUST for the springs. If you can find a set for under $200 then jump on it. If you go to a reputable shop you might pay $300 for the labour approx. (I'm talking CAD here) so figure a little less for you guys south of the boarder. You might be looking at somewhere along the lines of $500 and change for the springs PLUS labour. Your car is an '04 so most of the bolts and crap shouldn't be too seized on. if you had just purchase an '01 or '02 I'd recommend going to a shop. Again, if you know people, maybe they can hook you up with a drop for a case of beer
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

ya, too bad i dont know any auto savvy pals, so its settled a drop for apprx 500, now they question is how much of a drop? 18" wheels... 1.75?
Old 06-09-2006
I like my commute

oh sorry I thought you meant $800 JUST for the springs. If you can find a set for under $200 then jump on it. If you go to a reputable shop you might pay $300 for the labour approx. (I'm talking CAD here) so figure a little less for you guys south of the boarder. You might be looking at somewhere along the lines of $500 and change for the springs PLUS labour. Your car is an '04 so most of the bolts and crap shouldn't be too seized on. if you had just purchase an '01 or '02 I'd recommend going to a shop. Again, if you know people, maybe they can hook you up with a drop for a case of beer
Yeah you also need to think of salted roads, if he's in Canada, those bolts are most likely fused together from the salt.
Old 06-09-2006

Graphicdude will become famous soon enoughGraphicdude will become famous soon enough
Where are you located Godfather??
Old 06-09-2006

salt = bad

17" with a 45 series tire on Neuspeed sports would be good. or 18" with a 35 series tire. same drop.
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

calgary alberta
Old 06-09-2006

If you are ever up here in Edmonton I could direct you to a shop I deal with that did mine. Really good and also did the other stuff (alignment, camber kits)
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

hay, how much did your lower cost in edmonton labour+parts?
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
u should get rims it changes the way the car looks
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

I know I am definately getting rims, can u post the pic of that silver car, it looks tight as far as i can see.
Old 06-09-2006

Originally Posted by TheGodfather10
hay, how much did your lower cost in edmonton labour+parts?
Becuase I did a bunch of Graphic Work for them they cut me a sick deal to install the springs and camber kit. I can't remember exactly what it was but I know it was under 200 bucks. The ingalls camber kit I got cost me 80 bucks I think (could be wrong) and the TEIN S-Tech Springs I got cost me 60 bucks plus my stock mid pipe. I got the springs from a guy in Calgary off of this website. I only needed to buy the one camber kit becuase the shop told me that the camber wasn't that bad to justify putting the lower bolts on the front. They managed to get them aligned using the one kit for the front and rear.
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

glassJAwzr is an unknown quantity at this point
well idk if this helps but i got a sedan with 17' wheels , i like it but too much of a wheel gap, but i got my teins so il should be throwing them on this weekend hopefully, here are some pics hope i helped u out in some way

Old 06-10-2006
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
holy freaking wheel gap. i'm contemplating lowering my car some more because you guys are scaring me with this wheel gap. thank god for the tein basics - adjustable ride height wheel gap
Old 06-10-2006
M4X
Registered!!

M4X is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not sure if it helps but I'll post it anyway. It might give you an idea of what 18's look like with a drop. My gallery has more pictures.
18 inch rims
Eibach sportlines
Koni Yellows

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 04' LX Sedan, should I get rims???