Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Fitment Issue w/ hood & bumper.. help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
Fitment Issue w/ hood & bumper.. help!

Ok... i sort of noticed this problem with my kaminari bumper, but i just went back to a stock bumper and the problem is much worse.

some info: i rear ended someone way back and got it fixed by a friend of the family, and he used a cheap-o hood to replace the stock, and i put on the kaminari bumper to replace my trashed stock. i believe the frame and everything structural is where it should be, but i have almost a 1/2 inch gap between where the hood meets with the grill/bumper. the hood is flush with the fenders as it should be, and it is flush with the lights, and the lights are flush with the bumper, so this really throws me off and i am hoping it is just the crap hood that doesn't quite fit.

can anyone suggest anything? maybe i need to re-align the fenders and the hood to make it all flush together in the front...? or maybe it is just the hood that doesn't quite cut it. i look at others' civics and this area is a real tight fit...

i will try to get pics tomorrow, so i understand if no one gets what i am talking about. thanks.
Old 06-05-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob2005SEcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
it sounds to me like the cheapo hood doesn't fit properly.. I used to work at a body shop that specialized in Honda body repair. we used to get wrecks in all the time that insurance companies would write up for aftermarket sheet metal, and that cheap crap never fit.. we'd end up getting OEM parts 90% of the time after the insurance companies saw the fit quality of the aftermarket verses OEM
Old 06-05-2006
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
neato, that's what i was certainly hoping. it looks like that's the issue as best as i can tell, as i thoroughly checked everything and it all looked in order. i also think the rubber strips over the lights are old and swollen, which further worsens the fitment. thanks man!! repped.