Is a 2005 civic coupe DX worth racing? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2006   #1
Registered!!

civ11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is a 2005 civic coupe DX worth racing?

I recently was thinking about spending money on performance parts (not on stuff like body kits, lights, etc.) but.... seeing my civic is the DX edition (I think that is the cheapest civic haha).... would it be worth it? or should I myself the money?

P.S. I am a newbie when it comes to cars and racing, but I'm willing to do a lot of research to start getting into it.
civ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #2
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
save your money.
Slow Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #3
Registered!!

EuroEMII is an unknown quantity at this point
If you race it against another civic dx, then it is worth racing, otherwise no...
EuroEMII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #4
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
unless you swap it out or go forced induction it will always be slow
tuner04civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #5
Ill punch you in the face before you visit Myspace

SinaloaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^ true, i wasted $2,000 of my saved hard earned money for 4 WHP.......when i should have saved it more for a swap, but hey,m live and learn.....but u just cant beat the gas mileage :-D

-PeTeY!! ::RedlinedEM2::
SinaloaCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #6
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
if you are committed then swap, if not then save your money and trade up later on
Cptn. Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #7
K-DUB

Touge Whore is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah....it all depends on your budget though. My car is extremely competetive and fun to drive. Best thing you can do now is research, and while you research save every penny for either F/I or K-swap. ....read up in the FAQ's.
Touge Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #8
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
D17 Civic != Racecar.
01HonderCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #9
Registered!!

03hce has a spectacular aura about03hce has a spectacular aura about03hce has a spectacular aura about
If you wanna be the fastest and win competitions then no! But if you wanna race for fun... do what you want and have fun!
03hce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006   #10
small cities make me poop my pants

Draven2 is a jewel in the roughDraven2 is a jewel in the roughDraven2 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaloaCivic
^^^^ true, i wasted $2,000 of my saved hard earned money for 4 WHP.......when i should have saved it more for a swap, but hey,m live and learn.....but u just cant beat the gas mileage :-D

-PeTeY!! ::RedlinedEM2::
WHAT IN THE HELL!?!?
Draven2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #11
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
YES it is worth racing.

All these people are talking about driving straight.

Invest in some suspension upgrades and start autox-ing by finding a SCCA Solo2 event near you.
You'll have more (legal) fun than you've had your entire life.
LiKEaFeRiO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #12
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
i giggled at the tittle.....research please..type turbos swaps hp gains random stuff like that and look up stuff O_O ...DX worth racing ...giggle giggle
boxcarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #13
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiKEaFeRiO
YES it is worth racing.

Invest in some suspension upgrades and start autox-ing by finding a SCCA Solo2 event near you.
exactly
R1Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #14
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiKEaFeRiO
YES it is worth racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Style
exactly
i will third that!
tuner04civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #15
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
Turbo it, I promise you it will be worth racing!
Alex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #16
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex1
Turbo it, I promise you it will be worth racing!
How much whp would you make if you turbo a '05 dx?
Old 04-09-2006   #17
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
lol your SN is euroemII and you live in canada . and EMII's arent euros btw. but as for your question, are you looking for straight line power or cornering? from what i can tell, your looking for power. if you are, get a N20 kit and start sprayin.
Curiouz_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #18
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
if its a civic... its not going to be cost worthy to race it. For the amount of money you would spend to make a civic even quick, you could get a much nicer car and make it fast.

If you want straight line speed, get an engine swap and turbo, or get a different car for cheaper and a built/turbo motor. All for less than the civic itself.
If you want to corner, get a different car that isnt FWD as FWD is bad for getting the balance of a car right
diskreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #19
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouz_G
lol your SN is euroemII and you live in canada . and EMII's arent euros btw.
lol
euro=where I am originally from, emII=the car that I own

Quote:
but as for your question, are you looking for straight line power or cornering? from what i can tell, your looking for power. if you are, get a N20 kit and start sprayin.
What I am looking for is to give the dx a little more kick so when some guy in a lancer or sunfire pulls up i can smoke him no prob...i don't want to do NOS so i was thinking if I can get a decent gain from turbo that would be the way to go...the car was cheap so I have a few grand to spend, but I also don't want to spend a ton of money on a cheap car, so swaps and stuff are out of the question...thats why I am asking how much power I can gain from turbo...
Old 04-09-2006   #20

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
the only way to get any power w/o nos or swap is to turbo. And turboing is going to cost about as much as a motor swap. If you want a faster car, get a faster car. sorry
Old 04-09-2006   #21
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice
this topic is stupid...to make any car fast, it's gonna cost some money. There's really no such thing as cheap speed (besides n2o,even that isnt fast all the time). Whenever you what a car faster, its going to cost some money. Unless your happy with a high 14-15 sec car. (which isnt fast)
s0ltker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #22
Registered!!

jrb121180 will become famous soon enough
its your car. do whatever makes you smile
jrb121180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #23
Registered!!

I don't get people on this site, someone asks a question but instead of getting a straight answer all they get is attitude.
Old 04-09-2006   #24
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
cause these questions have been answered millions of times and it gets very annoying when someone posts these stupid threads....its really not that hard to click on the search button and look, or even at the bottom of this thread, there are always links to other threads that are bascailly identical, if you want a fast civic all you can do is NOS turbo or engine swap which has been said like 10 times in this thread already
RHCP0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #25
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Not only that, but think about it. If Civics were meant to be race cars, then they'd be faster from the factory. And wouldn't get 38 MPG. I remember seeing in someone's sig that said something like...Modding a 7th gen to be fast is dumb, That'd be like modding a Mustang to get better gas mileage
01HonderCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #26
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHCP0801
cause these questions have been answered millions of times and it gets very annoying when someone posts these stupid threads....its really not that hard to click on the search button and look, or even at the bottom of this thread, there are always links to other threads that are bascailly identical, if you want a fast civic all you can do is NOS turbo or engine swap which has been said like 10 times in this thread already
I didn't ask how to make my civic super fast, I asked what would happen if I get a turbo...so far no one has said how much power can be gained, all I hear is do this or do that...So what if these questions have been answered, not everyone has been around for five years, they should be allowed to start threads if they want...if there is someone who wants to answer their question then they can, if not no one is forcing them to say anything...
Old 04-09-2006   #27
Registered!!

jrb121180 will become famous soon enough
ah a philosopher. never thought about it like that.
jrb121180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #28
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb121180
ah a philosopher. never thought about it like that.
lol
Old 04-09-2006   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
Not only that, but think about it. If Civics were meant to be race cars, then they'd be faster from the factory. And wouldn't get 38 MPG. I remember seeing in someone's sig that said something like...Modding a 7th gen to be fast is dumb, That'd be like modding a Mustang to get better gas mileage
but mustangs aren't really fast AND get bad gas mileage. You are implying they are at least fast.
Old 04-09-2006   #30
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroEMII
I didn't ask how to make my civic super fast, I asked what would happen if I get a turbo...so far no one has said how much power can be gained, all I hear is do this or do that...So what if these questions have been answered, not everyone has been around for five years, they should be allowed to start threads if they want...if there is someone who wants to answer their question then they can, if not no one is forcing them to say anything...

Your answer can be found in the Forced Induction section of the forum. It depends on how you build your engine and your turbo setup. And off the top of my head from about 150 to 500hp.
DDragon7 is offline   Reply With Quote