Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Is a 2005 civic coupe DX worth racing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
if you want to know how much gain you will get from a turbo than you have to SEARCH like i just told you
Old 04-09-2006
Registered!!

EuroEMII is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by RHCP0801
if you want to know how much gain you will get from a turbo than you have to SEARCH like i just told you
I did search thanks, but I don't see why I can't just ask as well...

Originally Posted by DDragon7
Your answer can be found in the Forced Induction section of the forum. It depends on how you build your engine and your turbo setup. And off the top of my head from about 150 to 500hp.
Thanks...

Last edited by EuroEMII; 04-09-2006 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-09-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
it just gets annoying when people ask the same question over and over again....i was flamed when i first joined the site and i see why i was
Old 04-09-2006
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by EuroEMII
How much whp would you make if you turbo a '05 dx?
How much you get all depends on your set-up and tune. But sometimes HP might not sound that much since your not touching 250-300 mark. Feeling it on the other hand as well as going head to head with another factory or semi modded vehicle around your range is a totally different story. A turbocharged powerband is quite a bit different from N/A, especially if you use one of those "kick butt" turbos like a T3/T4 which all of a sudden, BAM! your car wakes up and your at WOT boosting 10 psi at around 4-4500 RPMS. Believe me when I say that the results will put a grin on your face. What sucks is when you get used to the power and want to up the boost some more. That means building your motor and upgrading some pieces, which means more money.
Old 04-09-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by diskreet
but mustangs aren't really fast AND get bad gas mileage. You are implying they are at least fast.

I'm not the one who said that. It was just in someone's sig on this site...
Old 04-09-2006
Registered!!

EuroEMII is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Alex1
How much you get all depends on your set-up and tune. But sometimes HP might not sound that much since your not touching 250-300 mark. Feeling it on the other hand as well as going head to head with another factory or semi modded vehicle around your range is a totally different story. A turbocharged powerband is quite a bit different from N/A, especially if you use one of those "kick butt" turbos like a T3/T4 which all of a sudden, BAM! your car wakes up and your at WOT boosting 10 psi at around 4-4500 RPMS. Believe me when I say that the results will put a grin on your face. What sucks is when you get used to the power and want to up the boost some more. That means building your motor and upgrading some pieces, which means more money.
I am not really looking for numbers in excess of 200 hp or anything like that, so what you are saying acctually sounds quite good. People seem to really hate the motor in our cars so I was starting to think that even with a turbo I wouldn't be able to get any power out of it. Right now the car is somewhat fun to drive because its peppy, doesn't lag like my truck or anything like that but you can never really get any descent power if you wanna race someone up a hill or something, its just not there. Therefore if I can get it up to 185-200 hp I think it will perform the way I want it. What I want from this car is for it to be a daily driver that you can have fun in when an oppurtunity arises on the way home from work or something. Also, I would really like to race my friends auto sunfire, but right now I am not really sure if I could beat him.
Old 04-09-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Dont forget, a turbo will set you back a couple of grand with it tuned.
Old 04-09-2006
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
D17 Civic != Racecar.
word
Old 04-09-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
my advice: take it to an autocross event how it is, maybe even go to one event to watch, then after you have become a good driver, start buying suspension parts one at a time, and keep taking it to autocross and stuff. you will probably find it quite fun, and IMO it's better than making a bunch of power and having a car that handles like crap.
Old 04-09-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
If you are new to cars and modding you really should invest in driving school or something similar.

Overprepped car + novice driver = asking for disaster.

Alot of people who fix up cars have never really taken their stock car to the limits and just start to mod the hell out of it to make up for bad driving skills.

Ultimately, fast is how big your bank account is.
Old 04-09-2006
Banned

SavoroaX is on a distinguished road
Yeah its worth Racing i take mine out and Race it in a Sport Compact Point Series i am also running nitrous in mine
Old 04-09-2006
Registered!!

milba has a little shameless behaviour in the past
take it to autox... you dont even need to mod it at all. like someone said, if you are a novice driver, your going to push yourself to the limit before the car is put to the limit. I think you should drive your dx for a year or so at these events and get a respect for your car and what its capable of. sure its not a ferrari or a gtr but it is a car and it is yours. after doing so and working on your driving then you should start thinking of modifying. i wouldnt bother with engine bolt ons as many ppl on this site have negligable power gains from them so i assume you wont either, but id suggest light weight rims with lower profiles first (i dunno about america but we get i think its 75mm tyre height) cause this reduces tyre flex a hell of a lot = better handling, then up your suspension (needless to say) etc.

but yeah like others have said, work on your driving before and be thankful that you have a car (and a good one at that (not in terms of speed or performance but in terms of a car) )
Old 04-09-2006
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice
but mustangs aren't really fast AND get bad gas mileage. You are implying they are at least fast.
oh i guess a factory 12 second car isnt car right......
Old 04-09-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by s0ltker
oh i guess a factory 12 second car isnt car right......
I can honestly say I don't care if it runs a 9 second quarter mile... it handles like a skyscraper. Its not fast if it can't turn. End of story.
Old 04-10-2006
Registered!!

^ agreed

big hp is for teh lames who cant drive but tow their cars from dyno 2 dyno jacking off their virtual *****. you can put it on a quater aswell i suppose and you can also run 9s but when i buy a car i buy it to drive it around, have fun and stuff...no?
Old 04-10-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Quarter mile racing has become pointless (and I think its boring); the most respected form(s) of racing (formula 1, etc) ALL include road racing. Even NASCAR does a road racing track.
Old 04-10-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Nextel Cup does two per year! Even the Busch series does one in Mexico.
Old 04-10-2006
Registered!!

yep track racing is where its at. at least it requires more skill then getting your launches right.... shifting gears isnt really skill either cause on a track you shift gears a hell of a lot more then you do on a quater lol...