Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

another pink gauge cluster, lol?

Old 04-01-2006
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spoonJDMlX is an unknown quantity at this point
k now my girl wants it......other than honda/acura?
Old 04-01-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
So is this why you were asking about resistors last time?
Old 04-01-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya for when its done. i hook 4 leds in series and then connect all the 4 led groups together in parallel with wiring. then put one small resistor so they can function at 14.6v instead of just 12.
Old 04-01-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gearbox
ya for when its done. i hook 4 leds in series and then connect all the 4 led groups together in parallel with wiring. then put one small resistor so they can function at 14.6v instead of just 12.
noob question....ready?

whats a resistor
Old 04-01-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Its a tiny piece of metal with some markings on it. They come in different ohm ratings, the larger the ohm the more resistance. You put it on the power lead to lower the voltage flow of the circuit. One led only has a forward voltage of 3.4v typically. So if you hook it to 12v battery, it will blow up in a second. now if you have 4 leds hooked together, the voltage adds up, 3.4+3.4+3.4+3.4 = >12v so no resistor is needed for 4 leds in series. The opposite is also true. Add a fifth led, and none of them will light up due to there not being enough forward voltage. Now there is an equation based on the specs of the leds you use to figure out the resistance needed so you dont blow the leds up. since i'm using 4 leds in series, i'm over 12v but not over 14.4v (alternator charge). So I need to add a small resistor to take away some power. Note that doing so and then hooking the leds to a 12v power source again will make them dimmer, because they will now only receive max power (and brightness) at 14 volts.
Old 04-01-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
ohhh i get it restricting power flow so i wont blow my lovely leds hmmm i would send my cluster to you but 2 weeks without it is a problem unless u do it in 1 week and send it that same week but then ud charge me for slavery fee
Old 04-01-2006
Premium Member

I could prolly do it in less than a week, but not til summer time.
Old 04-01-2006
Banned

spoonJDMlX is an unknown quantity at this point
can you do it for another car? my lady might want one lol
Old 04-01-2006
Premium Member

well ya the integra worked out okay. i'm doin a white dx cluster now...