Honda civic Coupe and Honda civic Coupe si ?? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2006   #1
Registered!!

Mafia Pride is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Honda civic Coupe and Honda civic Coupe si ??

I dont have much money to spend and i want to get the new 2006 civic and i was checking out the cars and notice that the si has a better engine but also is like 6k more then the regular coupe, i will customize my car in the future and all i wanted to know is if the mods for the si will also fit the not si civic? like bodykits and rims and stuff, ect... i know the si has a better engine but besides that? can I mod a regular 2006 civic coupe with the same stuff that anyone will mod their si?

So can anyone here that knows more about this explain to me the pros and cons of the civic si and civic (2006) both coupe.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Mafia Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #2
Registered!!

Mike04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Im pretty sure that all the coupes *Si included* have the same body style, and would all use the same bumpers etc. As for the engine, I believe they are all K-series engines...but I'm not sure that all mods for them would be..."universal"
Mike04Civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #3
Registered!!

ArthurBrazil will become famous soon enoughArthurBrazil will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike04Civic
Im pretty sure that all the coupes *Si included* have the same body style, and would all use the same bumpers etc. As for the engine, I believe they are all K-series engines...but I'm not sure that all mods for them would be..."universal"
2006 non Sis use a R18 engine which is a SOHC rather than a DOHC like the Si.
ArthurBrazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #4
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Non-Si engine is the SOHC R18. Funky lookin' motherfunker. It's pretty nice though...Better then the D17 IMO
01HonderCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #5
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
the only difference in the si looks to be the engine and si badge.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #6
diamonds she will pretty much have to

ex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the rough
If you can afford the Si and can drive a manual you will regret not getting one. The mod-able DOHC 2 liter engine owns the nearly unmod-able SOHC 1.8 liter engine. Not to mention 197hp LSD/6 spd > 127hp no-LSD/5spd.
ex2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #7
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex2k3
Not to mention 197hp LSD/6 spd > 127hp no-LSD/5spd.
its more like 197hp LSD/6 spd > 140hp no-LSD/5spd

the new civic's have 140 hp now,but still. Get the SI or at least if you get a non-si, please get a manual. Don't regret it like i did
D5cIvIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #8
diamonds she will pretty much have to

ex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the rough
Oh **** I forgot, but yeah, we're still right that you'll regret not getting the SI if you have the cash. If you don't have the cash you'll still want a EX 5 spd atleast it has 4 wheel disc brakes also.
ex2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #9
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
the si has 170whp, most of which isn't available until 6k rpms.
Old 03-29-2006   #10
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox
the si has 170whp, most of which isn't available until 6k rpms.
the k20 subject has been beaten to DEATH. its powerful after some mods. ubber powerful
MajinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #11
Premium Member

the dyno tells a different story. looks like a regular civic between 1-6k rpms.
Old 03-29-2006   #12
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
compare a normal civic with bolt-ons with a k20z1 with bolt ons. i don't want to do this anymore
MajinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006   #13
Registered!!

Mafia Pride is an unknown quantity at this point
Guys as it is is really hard to find a regular honda civic 06 coupe in this place(TN) i went to the dealership and reserve one of the cars that will be in the dealership 3 weeks from now, they are getting a red one next week but i dont like red, so i have to wait 3 weeks and will be getting a pearl metalic blue civic coupe(automatic) am thinking of getting a standard since it's 1k cheaper but i don't think they have any or will have any anytime soon.
Mafia Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006   #14
DDC Representa

AnaRki is an unknown quantity at this point
dude man do you really want a new car? If you dont just get a 7th or older gen civic, i dont think the 06z are gonna be dat popular. up to you.
AnaRki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006   #15
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
r series? wtf? R18 sounds like B16 O_O renamed?
boxcarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006   #16
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcarracer
r series? wtf? R18 sounds like B16 O_O renamed?
ok.

except its a new engine, and a single cam.
Al Gore FTW is offline   Reply With Quote