Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Car is in shop now cuz of the header and test pipe!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
Car is in shop now cuz of the header and test pipe!

so i bought the megan race header and test pipe, everything went on fine, except one of the o2s. we had 2 cut it to take it out of the stock cat, then re-wire it. we went 4 a test drive and it was fine except for a small exhaust leek comeign between the header and test pipe. then on the back back everything started acting up on my car, the ABS light came on stuff was beepin, car was runin like **** and bogging out if u gave it to much gass, and it would not start unless u pushed it and poped the clutch. so now i have 2 have it towed to get it fixed.. wow this really sucks!!
Old 02-08-2006
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
You know they sell differant length 02 sensors right? If you wouldve put it on the right way and not jigg rigged it your car would be fine. Also there's only two bolts holding the header to the downpipe. either there not tight the whole way. or that gasket wasnt center when you tightened it down. BTW you know if you dont use mechanical or electrical 02 sims that downpipe will give you a CEL.
Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
i know i should not have jigg rigged it but the parts store was closed, and where the header and test pipe meet there is no gasket. 1 dident come with my stuff and there was not one on the stock one..and yeah i know it does i wil get 1 also so.......
Old 02-08-2006

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
damn man. All your problems started by putting that on without that gasket. Thats why your abs light came on. The gasket is a round doughnut looking thing and trust me there is one on your stock header. you have to pull it off.
Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

there was one on the part where the header bolts on the block, but not header outlet to test pipe inlet... unless mine just happends to rot away or something cuz on my post i put when i got it i said i dident recive one, and they sent everything i needed...... and i looked when i took the stock one off, my, and 2 my friends dident see any hasket there
Old 02-08-2006

wow that's but atleast you dont have my vic... right now she's at honda with a hole in the block
Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

wtf did u do??
Old 02-08-2006

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=246125
Old 02-08-2006

200th post
Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

damn that sucks lol..... well im off to bed ill check back tomrow...
Old 02-08-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
wow sux for both of u guys, good luck with repairs and engine search. i think varner88 may be selling one of his engines but i dont know how soon, april maybe and hes in NJ
Old 02-09-2006
Registered!!

well it was just my alternator, they said its not getting any power threw it so i have a new one on the way. and hes gunna fix my exhaust leek. so i should have my car back tomrow night... thx god! lol
Old 02-09-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
kinda weird that it just started doing it after the install of the parts though uhu?? i think you should check your wiring. there are 2 white wires on the o2 sensor. you may have mixed them up before you reconnected them. and why would you install an exhaust if you know you dont have all the gaskets to install it correctly??? i know shyt happens and i end up having to make a late night parts run too but usually its on purpose because i am waiting for my wife to get home with the other vehicle or something. you shoudl always lay out your parts and make sure you have everything before you do the install.
Old 02-09-2006

Originally Posted by DUDEitsMATTx
well it was just my alternator, they said its not getting any power threw it so i have a new one on the way. and hes gunna fix my exhaust leek. so i should have my car back tomrow night... thx god! lol
That's crazy all that riff raff was caused by a bad alt. DAMN I MISS OLDSCHOOL.
Old 02-09-2006
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
you should have had me install it.