Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Neons?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GACivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Neons?

I was thinking about getting some Streetglow Gold Series, underbody neons for my Civic. I think it will definetly make it stand out at night. What I'm wondering is, what color should I get. Blue and Red are illegal and cops around here are dicks sometimes. So I was thinking about green,orange, and maybe white. I just think orange and green would stand out more. Opinions? Help?

They'll be going on this.

Old 01-19-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
yes but you and me both know GA roads are not bad at all. you should be fine. post pics cause im planning my setup this summer.
Old 01-19-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
im gonna get white for my SSM too. it matches at night. do it.
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MajinB
im gonna get white for my SSM too. it matches at night. do it.
But will white show up good @ night? Anyone got any pics of Gold Series white @ night?
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough
if i were you id get white as well...and LEDs over neons if possible cuz you can always fix LEDs but once neons are cracked, then thats it for them....just make sure the tubes dont show from any angle....you can get ticketed if the tubes show...but...there is no law saying light can be reflected from the ground....
Old 01-19-2006

leds are on ebay. i have also thought of this. but neons are just brighter, and can come in protective tubing. its not just like a black light. there is a layer on top of it also.
yes white will show up as much as any other color.
and you won't get ticketed in GA. its GA not cali.
Old 01-19-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
if you have bad roads, they will break for sure. mine did. i had streetglow gold blue kit. it was crazy bright but didn't last long.

Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

Streetglow has a warranty...If you buy from an authorized dealer, and they break, you're supposed 2 be able to get new ones..
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

I wanna see a car with white streetglow gold series.

I was also thinking about the 7 color LED kit. So I could just change between colors when I felt like it.

LED or Regular?
Old 01-20-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
led kit will be about 1/4 to 1/2 the brightness of the pic i posted and will not be a glow but instead a line of light with dot pattern.
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

So in brightness the neons > led.

Guess I'll go with neons then.
Old 01-20-2006
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
white is much better! i had green check out my pics
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to behold
I have blue on my SSM. I like it.

You're not supposed to be driving w/ cops around anyways.

White or green are your next best bet, if not blue.
Old 01-20-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Jeffsta17
white is much better! i had green check out my pics
youz a gangsta
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough
the warranty covers everything except cracking the tubes(someone at street glow was smart when they thought of that). White looks awesome, I plan on adding it when the summer comes..... as far as price i think summit has it the cheapest for 170$
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ZapThyCat
I have blue on my SSM. I like it.

You're not supposed to be driving w/ cops around anyways.

White or green are your next best bet, if not blue.
What do you mean, I'm not supposed 2 be driving around w/ cops around?
Old 01-20-2006

cops in ga are alot more leinient than anywhere else. as long as its lower than your headlights as law states, your fine with whatever color you want
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bullet02ex
the warranty covers everything except cracking the tubes(someone at street glow was smart when they thought of that). White looks awesome, I plan on adding it when the summer comes..... as far as price i think summit has it the cheapest for 170$
I found this for a good deal. It looks legit...Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/StreetGlow-Gold-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-20-2006

there is cheaper on ebay. like 50 bucks shipped for neons
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

Ok so if it's legal to have blue/red...

I'm thinking of either RED, BLUE, or WHITE for my SSM.

What's everyone think?
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
dont waste your money...save it...
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

Save for what? I can't really do anything to my car, because it's under warranty. Mom bought it for me, because the car I had before it had tons of problems, so she said I had to get a warranty.
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GACivic
Save for what? I can't really do anything to my car, because it's under warranty. Mom bought it for me, because the car I had before it had tons of problems, so she said I had to get a warranty.
save for something else then neons....whats so cool about them...its not like you can drive around with them on...idk just see no need to that crap.
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

Buy a CB hood...buy a CB trunk...save for a turbo kit so when your warrenty is up you can have some fun with it...idk not hating on neons just see no need for that ****...
Old 01-20-2006

different people have different tastes. i say get the whites. and lets be realistic there is no such thing as saving your money hahaha.
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MajinB
different people have different tastes. i say get the whites. and lets be realistic there is no such thing as saving your money hahaha.
lol, well im saving my money...and it only gets better and better as the weeks go on...its easy not spending money on this car...i have spent enough..and sold the more expensive **** so im good...no need to mod this car at all...its not going anywhere fast.
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by exturbo6
Buy a CB hood...buy a CB trunk...save for a turbo kit so when your warrenty is up you can have some fun with it...idk not hating on neons just see no need for that ****...
I think I'm about to get a CF hood. Turbo isn't really needed for me at this point in my life... I don't trust myself with one (I'm 17)
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GACivic
I think I'm about to get a CF hood. Turbo isn't really needed for me at this point in my life... I don't trust myself with one (I'm 17)
lol, yeah i hear that...im 23 and dont trust myself with anything that goes faster then my POS.

but im working on it.
Old 01-20-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
am i the only one that thinks underbodies are gay?
Old 01-20-2006

Originally Posted by Rennen
am i the only one that thinks underbodies are gay?
it depends on how its done. if its tasteful then its really nice. if not then it sucks. all depends on everything else. clean car= nice some dirty pos = ghetto fabulous

Quick Reply: Neons?