Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I got hit by a Dodge Ram 3500 today!! pics (update on page 2)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light
Angry I got hit by a Dodge Ram 3500 today!! pics (update on page 2)

I work as a site inspector for an engineering company which builds subdivisions. I went to work today and parked my car by the trailer and went in and started doing some paper wrok thinking about how I'm gonna install the sway bar I just picked up. It was 15 minutes later that I heard my alarm go off, I went out and saw the saddest thing I've ever seen... some idiot construction worker had backed into my car with a freakin HUGE truck!!!

Long story short, I had to get it towed to Honda and the contractor said that they're gonna pay for the damage and they don't wanna go through insurance, (I got all their insurance information anyway). Now I'm just waiting for the estimate from Honda to get them to send me a cheque or something and then we'll see what happens. The worst part is that they won't rent me a car since I'm not 21 yrs old so I'm screwed since I need a car for work!!!

Damaged parts: Driver side headlight smashed, both fenders bent, AC condenser is bent, front bumper all scratched, hood is bent and probably much more!! Does anyone know how much the quote from Honda would be??

I got some pics with my camera phone:

damage doesn't look that bad in the pics but I'm sure itz gonna cost alot to fix. both fenders are bent, right fender was bent because hood was bent so when we opened it it bent the fender.

Last edited by MrXclusivE; 11-18-2005 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-17-2005
Registered!!

wheamahm0n3yat is an unknown quantity at this point
honda will charge about 3 times more than a bodyshop would.... welp sorry to hear ram....
Old 11-17-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
your gonna get paid. demand cash for lost wages and pain and suffereing cause you love your car so much. i would cause i love my car that much lol
Old 11-17-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^^
I'd do it. I did that when I lost my 92 4Runner. Judge made him pay me more money due to the "internal suffering caused to the victim".

That was enough for the down payment for my Vic!
[EDIT]
Wow... pictures are so much better than words at explaining stuff...

Last edited by ramcosca; 11-17-2005 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-17-2005
Registered!!

frdeffscrbrd is an unknown quantity at this point
5-7 grand when i nit a curb i over correct it (trying to save it ,fishtailed) it broke motor mount rim,tire,damage bottom of the car, alignment,and body stuff it caused me 3-4 grand
Old 11-17-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
The only parts I've seen that are more expensive than Honda parts are Volkswagen parts, though I'm sure theres more expensive, like BMW parts

Sorry to hear about your car, contractors are always backing into things, I've worked on a few construction sites and it happens every so often, one of them backed into a 4 ft. high concrete post/pile, nearly broke the damn thing, I think they had to repour it.
Old 11-17-2005
Registered!!

Ken2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just had my front bumper, hood, driver side fender and headlight, A/C condenser replaced/fixed due to accident and it was a little over 4K.
Old 11-17-2005
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light
We are not going through insurance so I can't make claims like that lol, but damn $4000 sounds like a lot of money for that damage.

dre2600: I know, they were acting like it happens all the time!! I'm a noob in this business (just a coop student) so I don't have much experience with these gangster Italians. I'm gonna need to buy a beater to go to work
Old 11-17-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Sucks dude.. that's a lot. Goodluck.
Old 11-17-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
damn, thats a lot of work... good luck with that.

4k seems right. I was thinking a tad bit higher, but that is good.
Old 11-17-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
the fact that your not going through insurance means your gettin paid. they will give you whatever you want as long as you don't call insurance on them. so take advantage of it. you could just get your car paid off.
Old 11-17-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
N I dont see why they wont pay for you to rent a car when your car is in the shop... threaten to goto the insurance.
Old 11-17-2005
Registered!!

they are paying for everything, but the problem is that rental companies don't rent cars to ppl under 21... & I'm 20 so I'm screwed, I'm gonna ask them tomorrow to give me one of their company trucks or something. they'll probably be shocked by the quote... $5000 is alot, but they'r a big company so it shouldn't be a big deal for them. I'll threaten the insurance thing if I see they don't cooperate.
Old 11-17-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Bring it up by saying "if I go through insurance, at least I have a car to use while its in the shop" or something...
Old 11-17-2005
Registered!!

sil04ver is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda charged me $1900 plus tax just for new hood, new bumper, 1 headlight, 1 fender, and the black plastic radiator holder/cover. Thank god for insurance.
Old 11-17-2005
Registered!!

^^ How long did it take to fix it? my damage is simillar to urs.
Old 11-17-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had damage similar to that, install is pretty straightforward and theres no suspension work/bent frame, assuming everything is painted up it wouldn't surprise me if they had a turnaround time of a day, maybe two.
Old 11-17-2005
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
That sucks man... Hopefully you get all that is owed to you.
Old 11-18-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
its time for a carbon fiber hood
Old 11-18-2005
Registered!!

^^ I'm picking one up tomorrow
Old 11-18-2005
Registered!!

utahbmxer is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks man. I had two accidents last fall. The insurance took care of the first rental car, I had to pay for the second.

Here is what happened to me last fall, 2 accidents!!! First I am sitting at a red light with 7 other cars in front of me and I get plowed into from behind by a girl going at least 30 if not faster. Didn't even use her brakes the cop said. Car was in the shop for 3 weeks. Quote total $4,738. Get my car back and had it for about one week and then I rear ended some lady in a mercury mountaineer. My car has some carbon fiber style pedals that have some screws on the back-side. Turns out my shoe lace got caught on one of them and couldn't get my foot to the brake in time. I had just left work to get lunch. Quote total $4,365

Both totals = $9,103 (I paid 9,500 for the car)
I wish I would have got sandwiched in-between her and the car in front of me, then maybe they would have totalled my car, cause now my car is a piece of junk. The interior has rattles in the door, my exhaust manifold is cracked, tranny is having issues, thermostat and new radiator make it take forever to warm up in the winter, this is just a small portion of probs.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	car1.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	62231   Click image for larger version

Name:	car2.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	62232   Click image for larger version

Name:	car3.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	62233  
Old 11-18-2005
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by utahbmxer
The interior has rattles in the door, my exhaust manifold is cracked, tranny is having issues, thermostat and new radiator make it take forever to warm up in the winter, this is just a small portion of probs.
This is why it makes me so angry when people buy a car with a salvage title. Even if the body looks great on the outside and they fixed it up perfect, there are still tons of little things that come up because of the accident that never really get fixed.

Just keep saying you will go thru insurance and file a claim, that will make them give you any amount to shut you up. They dont want to have that on their record at all. Take a company truck, then find the guys car that backed into you and.... well...you get the rest of the picture
Old 11-18-2005
Registered!!

utahbmxer is an unknown quantity at this point
A car can never really get "fixed" after an accident. It will never be the same. Everything has taken shock and some form of damage has occurred, whether visible or not.

I doubt my exhaust manifold cracked from "normal wear and tear". I firmly believe that the impact from the collision has something to do with it. I took it back to the body shop that completed the work on my car and told them about it. They seemed cooperative and agreed to fix the problem. They called me later that day and informed me that my car would not be done that same day, so I left it overnight. I called the next afternoon and the guy told me that they were just picking it up from the exhaust shop and it would be ready in about 45 mins after then cleaned and washed it. I went to get my car and it wasn't cleaned like he said they were doing (no big deal to me at all). He reviewed the work that was done (just in the office, not visually). He said the exhaust shop welded the crack and there was supposedly some leak in the flange after the CAT.

I took the car home and popped the hood and looked around. Crack still there, no bolts/nuts had been touched anywhere. Nothing had even been done.

Its one thing to say you did the work and not do it, and another to make my leave me car overnight so I had to find an Alt way to work. Auto mechanics are shady ***'es. At least the ones I've met. This is why I've usually been a DIY'er my whole life (only real way to get **** done these days). Now I have to make time to do this myself ( when I have no time) when it should have been taken care of, this is why I pay insurance on a car I still don't own Right? Insurance Co's suck to. Everyone in this world is just out to make money anymore and they don't give jack about you. Screwed up if you ask me.
Old 11-18-2005
Registered!!

IceVic05 is an unknown quantity at this point
the honda body's are such pieces of ****... I was hit by a little saturn and need new door, driver side quarter panel, wheel, tire, allignment straightened, rear bumper and rear left tail light... and all that happened was that i was going 20mph and she pulled into me from a complete stop... imagine if i was going 30+ and she didnt even stop,, and just drilled me... it'd be totalled lol
Old 11-18-2005
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
man..how could that guy not see a bright red car?
Old 11-18-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
^^Trucks are higher then cars. The civic is jus like a shopping cart, u cant see it until u hit it.
Old 11-18-2005
Registered!!

IceVic05 is an unknown quantity at this point
i hope thats a joke...
you can see any sized car from a truck...
minis, civics, geos, anything... unless of course you are Helen Keller, then it may be hard
Old 11-18-2005
Registered!!

Ok, I went to Honda today and got the estimate, and guess what!!! $5000.00 damage and estimate time of 2 weeks to fix it. I took the estimate and drove over to the company's head office (1hr drive), the owner was a really nice guy, he appologized and wrote me a cheque for $5500.00 which includes rental car fees for two weeks, 10 hours of lost wages and the cost to get it towed to the dealer. It was a busy day for me lol, but I'm happy I got it all sorted out before the weekend... at least I can somehow enjoy my weekend now.

Now I just gotta decide wut to do with the money, damage doesn't look like a $5000 damage to me. I think I'll take it home from Honda and just take it to the bodyshop I know, its owner is our family friend and I'm sure their hourly rate will be alot cheaper than Honda for me and their work is A++ since they only do body work on luxury cars,I might end up saving a lot of money for mods!! who knows?? Now I'm just happy I got the money, I'm just gonna hit the streets in my 2006 chevy Cobalt to enjoy my friday night!! thanks for all the support and information guys... I'm glad I posted this cuz I can ask u guys for advice if any problems come up while getting the car fixed.
Old 11-18-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
Ouch! the damage doesnt look TOO bad... By the title i was expecting your whole front end to be pushed into the dash.
Old 11-18-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MrXclusivE
Ok, I went to Honda today and got the estimate, and guess what!!! $5000.00 damage and estimate time of 2 weeks to fix it. I took the estimate and drove over to the company's head office (1hr drive), the owner was a really nice guy, he appologized and wrote me a cheque for $5500.00 which includes rental car fees for two weeks, 10 hours of lost wages and the cost to get it towed to the dealer. It was a busy day for me lol, but I'm happy I got it all sorted out before the weekend... at least I can somehow enjoy my weekend now.

Now I just gotta decide wut to do with the money, damage doesn't look like a $5000 damage to me. I think I'll take it home from Honda and just take it to the bodyshop I know, its owner is our family friend and I'm sure their hourly rate will be alot cheaper than Honda for me and their work is A++ since they only do body work on luxury cars,I might end up saving a lot of money for mods!! who knows?? Now I'm just happy I got the money, I'm just gonna hit the streets in my 2006 chevy Cobalt to enjoy my friday night!! thanks for all the support and information guys... I'm glad I posted this cuz I can ask u guys for advice if any problems come up while getting the car fixed.

Sounds like the accident was actually favorable! especially since no one got hurt!

Quick Reply: I got hit by a Dodge Ram 3500 today!! pics (update on page 2)