spoilers and sedans... do they mix? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2005   #1
Registered!!

letitride is an unknown quantity at this point
spoilers and sedans... do they mix?

First off this is my cherry popping post so hello to you all. name is Keith, and I got my first civic about a month ago. I am excited to begin work on it as a new hobby and im glad i found a community like this. I was just reading over some of the posts and found myself laughing pretty hard at so much of the randomness. Although I dont know a whole lot persay, I definately want to learn and will (fast) ... so for my project ive begun to decide what I want and the look/theme im going for..

The question of the topic is. Spoilers and sedans do they mix well? I dunno I guess Ive always felt like spoilers belong to the sportier cars that are couple style. I havent seen many spoilers on sedans that I was impressed with the overall balance (visually) and look of the car. maybe I just need a thinking change and to see some nice pics or something before I become a believer, but there is one wing inparticular that I think would look real good on a sedan

its the Techno-R spoiler ... If you havent figured out that I have a sedan, than well, I do. lol.. but I dunno maybe post some thoughts? Either on that spoiler and how it might feel on a sedan, or whatever. Thanks guys. Later
letitride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #2
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
thats the WW look alike.
get the hybrid spoiler... its a lip and looks awesome!
acidbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #3
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
i've only seen a few sedans that could pull off a whale tail. one of them is a widebodied, candy apple red (?) sedan in thailand.
dirtySAMURAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #4
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
please dont put that spoiler on your car... i like the hybrid spoiler the best for sedans. the m3 lip spoilers off ebay arent bad either.
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #5
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
Yeah that M3 style lip spoiler is awsome for a sedan
PennyKnotOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #6
Registered!!

Vantage should not be trusted
I have been hearing a lot about this hybrid spoiler in my recent search for spoilers, any1 have a pic?
Vantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #7
The Beez Kneez

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyKnotOff
Yeah that M3 style lip spoiler is awsome for a sedan

i have one on my coupe looks hot. a little accent!
Old 09-29-2005   #8

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage
I have been hearing a lot about this hybrid spoiler in my recent search for spoilers, any1 have a pic?
look at the civic hybrid sedan.
Old 09-29-2005   #9
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I think NO spoiler looks better on sedan.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #10
let the devil out

eye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud of
I think I pull it off rather well
eye_see_you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #11
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
check my gallery
i have a "type r" spoiler on my sedan
but i'd rather go w/o spoiler now
es2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #12
Registered!!

ZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to behold
I'm not against spoiler-less... that's just me though.

I personally like some of the big aluminum wing-types, as long as they are done with style. Sure, it looks F&F, but sometimes it's really nice. I prefer that over any spoiler that's painted at least...

The great thing about civics though is that you are free to do whatever YOU want to personalize YOUR car. So have fun with it
ZapThyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #13
Registered!!

wheamahm0n3yat is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO i say no spoiler. i want to take my oem spoiler off my coupe too but that would leave holes on the trunk.
wheamahm0n3yat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005   #14
Registered!!

TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough
woah man, dont get that, please bro....get the deck lid spoiler on the civic hybrids....

it looks better from the side angle

TurismoDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005   #15
The Beez Kneez

pichy2g is the only one on the site that has a real spoiler and looks dope!
Old 09-30-2005   #16
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
IMO.....the hybrid spoiler is the only one that belongs on a sedan......period.
spoonEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005   #17
Registered!!

Mike04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with SpoonEM,....my mom has a hybrid (that I've been driving alot lately since shes in cali. for 2 weeks) and the "subtle" lip/spoiler is the only one I like on the sedans.

I almost wish they made one kind of like it for the coupes....

EDIT (infinite did it): subtle, not suttle.

Last edited by infinite012; 09-30-2005 at 05:53 PM.
Mike04Civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005   #18

DelSolid has a super nice rear wing, but he also has a top speed of 199MPH...
Old 09-30-2005   #19
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by es2k2
check my gallery
i have a "type r" spoiler on my sedan
but i'd rather go w/o spoiler now
check mine too, I have exactly the samething and feel like the same now.
orion_squall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #20
Registered!!

univox is an unknown quantity at this point
The way I see it, the sedans almost need a spoiler to look right. The natural rake of the car is broken up because the trunk is stubby and slopes down. It makes the tail end look a bit awkward. The factory spoiler does a great job at offsetting this effect making the car appear more balanced.

Spoilers are a very fine line when dealing with sedans though. The smaller lip spoilers aren't enough to balance it out in my opinion and anything larger than the factory spoiler runs the risk of looking goofy.
univox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #21
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
I think spoilers look fine.....

Hayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #22
ALGARETE

PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbaby
pichy2g is the only one on the site that has a real spoiler and looks dope!
thx brotha... but its time to clean it up.. i dont like it anymore..im getting the black widdow drag wing in carbon fiber for next year...

and yes i do recomend the hybrid spoiler its is sooooooooo much cleaner... here is a pic i took of my friends car b4 he sold it at a car show...and yes they r 20's not a good idea either.....
PICHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #23
Registered!!

White0nGold has a spectacular aura aboutWhite0nGold has a spectacular aura about
i think he should try out that spoiler, cuz 1st of all he said he wanted to go w/ a certain theme, n i think the deck lid spoiler n his whale tail spoiler are totally oppasite themes, n think of an EVO, its a sedan w/ a spoiler, Also the SRT-4 sedan with a spoiler also, so give it a try.... thats my suggestion
White0nGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005   #24
Registered!!

micks7thgen is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah go with the honda spoilers they look real good on the sedans. but the wings just look ridiculous because they arent meant for fwd cars
micks7thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #25
Registered!!

soltex has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by micks7thgen
yeah go with the honda spoilers they look real good on the sedans. but the wings just look ridiculous because they arent meant for fwd cars

Yeah i am getting one for a my ride soon, i got a guy on ebay, that sells it painted cheap as hell.
soltex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #26
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
go with the hybrid spoiler if ur gonna do anything im debating on weather or not i wanna go with a spoiler
mugenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #27
Registered!!

tbaleno is an unknown quantity at this point
The plus with they hybrid spoiler is it is functional. Most spoilers are just for looks, which isn't a bad thing. However, I'm a function over form type person so If I put anything on my car there has to be a reason for it.
tbaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005   #28
Registered!!

soltex has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaleno
The plus with they hybrid spoiler is it is functional. Most spoilers are just for looks, which isn't a bad thing. However, I'm a function over form type person so If I put anything on my car there has to be a reason for it.
Hmm something like this.

Ebay sells it for 15 bucks, but dont know how its gona look on a sedan

As with the spoiler, it looks alright.

Last edited by soltex; 10-11-2005 at 12:24 PM.
soltex is offline   Reply With Quote